Would you sack Rowett if we lose on Sunday?

Mostyn6

Would you sack Rowett if we LOSE on Sunday Vs Barnsley?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It all depends on the criteria we are judging mr Rowett on!

Finishing 6th or 7th doesn’t warrant the sack.

Boring, unattractive style and leadership, he most certainly does deserve to go.

If we finish in 6th or 7th and in the season review with Mel the football style is addressed then let’s continue and go forward.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Moist One said:

isn't that the point of posting a vote/article/thread? to create a debate?

I started my thread to counter yours because I know that when we are doing well there is always going to be something controversial like this to have an effect to make everyone uneasy .

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

I started my thread to counter yours because I know that when we are doing well there is always going to be something controversial like this to have an effect to make everyone uneasy .

it's a question, get over it, stop being such a drama queen. If it bothers you that much, you shouldn't be on a forum where posters are ALLOWED to voice their varying opinion.

1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

Not a chance. This is exactly where we had expected to be this season if not higher than we expected.

He's also slowly rebuilding to get us out of this mess of FFP - give him time.

Don't think you could describe our recruitment process as rebuilding in any way shape or form. Mind you 'slowly' is a good word for the buys.

Just now, Moist One said:

it's a question, get over it, stop being such a drama queen. If it bothers you that much, you shouldn't be on a forum where posters are ALLOWED to voice their varying opinion.

You are certainly back aren’t you. 

The season as a whole -

Results wise we've progressed.

Performance wise we've regressed. 

Squad has regressed too in terms of quality and future quality as older players are not renowned for improving season on season. 

I'm happy with where we are in the league.

I'm not happy with the performances we've had to endure this season.

I'd have been happy for the squad's current quality to take a hit IF the future quality had improved.

I think whatever happens he's done enough to deserve to have a serious conversation with Mel about the direction of the football club. 

I want rid of the style of football we're currently playing and clearly if Rowett cannot change this then, by association with the football I haven't enjoyed watching, I want him gone too. 

I'm just wary of his promises now after what we were told this time last summer and what actually happened over the summer... 

There should be the expectation that the football has to be better/more positive next season (under no circumstances am I demanding a possession based style I just want rid of this back to the walls stuff against mid table teams at home). There should also be an expectation that nobody over the age of 26/27 should be transferred in. I don't want 'opportunity' signings. I want signings that will fit a high intensity version of this pressing game we were meant to get this season... 

No.

We've over-achieved this season. Not pretty, but by and large pretty effective, especially against the better sides. I guess there isn't a 'magic solution' apart from graft and the slow build again. The club's revolving door policies have basically thrust us back to something close to pre-Nigel conditions.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

You are certainly back aren’t you. 

please join in the conversation/debate or ignore the topic. I am sick of you hijacking threads. You are entitled to your opinions on the topics, and I will respect those opinions, so please have your say on the topic. thanks

4 minutes ago, Moist One said:

please join in the conversation/debate or ignore the topic. I am sick of you hijacking threads. You are entitled to your opinions on the topics, and I will respect those opinions, so please have your say on the topic. thanks

Here’s my say 

No I don’t want him sacked. 

15 minutes ago, Papahet said:

What happened to all the 68% wanting GR gone pre Cardiff? 

He showed willingness to change and stopped the collapse that was happening. I’ve not suddenly become his biggest fan, but I wouldn’t be rushing to sack him just for losing to Barnsley, especially we could still make the play offs anyway...

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Here’s my say 

No I don’t want him sacked. 

thanks. If it makes any difference, I would rather us beat Barnsley and him keep his job than the opposite.

That said, I would be worried if he couldn't inspire the team to a home draw in the most important game (so far) this season, against a team joint 3rd-bottom, having lost to the 2 of the 3 below that team in recent weeks. I would have very little faith that we could progress under his management, so could not justify keeping him. My opinion.

Archived