Would you sack Rowett if we lose on Sunday?

Mostyn6

Would you sack Rowett if we LOSE on Sunday Vs Barnsley?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Form has been indifferent over the last couple of months, recent games have kept us in the mix for a play-off game and I doubt anyone would want rid of Rowett specifically for losing IN the Play-offs, by that I mean, those that will want him gone if we lose at Wembley are probably already in the Rowett out camp.

We need a point to claim a play-off spot. 

There's a slim chance we could lose and still stay 6th.

BUT, the question is here, given the struggle to motivate the team Vs Wolves, Burton, Sunderland and arguably Middlesbrough, would a defeat against Barnsley, in a game that is effectively "MUST NOT LOSE" spell the end of Rowett if it was up to you?

Tried to keep it simple. Defeat = sack? yes or no

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I voted no I'd sack him if he got us up, he'd be well out of his depth in the prem. 

Thats what you call thinking outside the box.

Won’t be popular but I would. Always said given our transfer exploits on older players I expected at least a top six finish, otherwise it was a waste of time and we should have rebuilt. If we reach the top six than I can have no real complaints and it’s job done for Gary for me regardless of what happens in the playoffs, he gets the summer. Otherwise he’s failed and he should go, though naturally I don’t expect him too, given how much it would cost, which is understandable. In my eyes though I wanted him gone after burton, the last couple of games have earned him a stay of execution in my view. He now needs to prove that he has turned a corner and do what previous derby teams have failed to do, get a result when the pressures on. That’s what will win my support.

No. Sacking managers before they've had the chance to get rid of what they deem to be deadwood and replacing them with players they want is the main reason we haven't moved forward since the last play off final. He needs to have at least another full season in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

No. Sacking managers before they've had the chance to get rid of what they deem to be deadwood and replacing them with players they want is the main reason we haven't moved forward since the last play off final. He needs to have at least another full season in my opinion.

I like and agree with this sentiment, I'm firmly in the camp that believes McClaren had earned the right to clear out after the 2015 capitulation, but instead Clement came in and added to the junk.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Any chance we might have to play non-negative football.

$64,000 dollar question. IF we went up, he's not the right man, no way will he be able to keep us up with a negative style. IF we stay down, he deserves the right to show he has learnt from the mistakes of this year. With Morris's track record of getting managers in, we might just end up with Mick Mccarthy. 

Even if we lose, knowing our chairman he’ll be rewarded with a three year contract on the basis that there is a rumour that Ipswich want him.

One thing that won’t improve during his reign is the football, imo he shouldn’t have been allowed to bring it the club in the first place, the season should be judged as a whole and if what MM set out in the first place was to get rid of the flair players and play tedious boring football in an attempt to get us up then he will have done what was asked.

There might be a difference in our response according to whether we make the playoffs. But even as a Rowett critic I think he will now be manager next season and should be given a chance. He has turned things round from our poor run with the use of different formations and should be credited for that. I hope Mel is sensible enough to fund a couple of signings ( mid field and upfront) to stop us going backwards next season. But should we have another 15 match poor run, sack him immediately.

No , the only way you could see it making any sense is if there was a policy put in place for major spending and a biggish name coach comming in to spend said big money along the lines of the wolves model ,other than that scenario I just can’t see why he wouldn’t be given another window and a season to continue what he sees as a rebuild , personaly I have had concerns since Christmas on how he was handling the pressure but since Boro ,Cardiff and villa there are signs he may have what it takes to grow into the job , only time will tell ,,,, sack him if we go up ? That’s not the club I want us to be 

19 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I agree with this. Doesn't make sense to sack him if we finish 7th. He's exceeded where the majority of us thought we would be at the start of the season, and given more time might improve on what he's already done. Sticking with him is a much better approach than sacking him, getting in another manager with a different style of play, giving the new manager a season and when he finishes 6th on the last day of the season we sack him too. Just a never ending circle.

Archived