Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Just got home after watching that shower of *****.

I thought it’d be hard to be in the Burton end today, to conceal my cheers when we  hammered them 5-0....pah!

Its simple. If we want to win games. We need to pass to each other and attempt to attack their goal.  Our set up. Our formation DOESN’T WORK ANYMORE.

it only just worked when we were winning.

Im not asking for Rowetts head or anything: we’ve tried mutiple managers/spent millions on players.(the players on the pitch today should’ve walked that and won easily.) that didn’t work either.

I’m just kinda done with it all. 

Try a new formation, give the youngsters a go. Anything! I don’t care, tho. I won’t be watching...!

So logic dictates, you stay with a shity gf because you had many breakups before? ******** argument. He's got to be gone in the morning

I still can't get over his final throw of the dice being to switch Wisdom to left back and Baird to right back. Luke Thomas on the bench and Forsyth, a left back who will actually get down the line to support Lawrence, but he chooses to just switch two very defensive full backs over and not use his final sub :lol:

It feels a little like he’s run out of ideas. I like him. But i don’t like the way we play at all. Today’s result isn’t a fluke. Our recent results are awful. We were pretty lucky v Preston and beat a Bolton side that were as bad as anything to have played at PP ever. The rest is dreadful. I’d sack him. But it’s not me in charge and I would wait until the end of the season. My main problem atm is that I don’t trust the main in the big chair to make the right decisions. 

14 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

That was a pretty disgusting display.

Im one for continuity and will always back a manger until it's obvious that a change is required. I think it looks like the end for rowett after this, the post match interview summed it up.......he's lost the players!

The sad thing now is that we are in a really bad position if we do change. Seemingly no money and a mismatched squad that would make Frankenstein proud!

Who's going to be able to turn this around? 

Whoever it is will need time and patience, something certain sections of our fan base will not be able to deal with. Hopefully an improved brand of football should we get it will keep them at bay for a while.

If we can play some good football have a game plan and bring in some younger and hungrier players I can live with finishing 10th next season but not this crap we can’t even pass to each other ?

Started the day well, few worthingtons at the beech hotel, rammed with derby fans and caught up with a couple of people I knew, then went to the ground, stood in the home terrace by the away end with my Burton mate and it’s full of derby fans so felt at home then it all went tits up when the game started.
They deserved the goal as they looked a threat when going forward, we pulled one back with a nugent header then Murphy smashed home a decent goal before half time.
2nd half thought we’d come at them, changed formation with Pearce off and Jerome on and Palmer for the ineffective ledley and boom a third was scored for them.
Vydra then a chance for a late rally but ratty saved well.
Then a cameo for barker who got a decent applause by derby fans and he went up front and had 2-3 decent headers, then full time.
Really peeved at the lack of forward play and general energy, we don’t deserve a play off position and it showed, haven’t got an answer on how to move forward but another season of this football being served will drive away supporters, me being one at live games.

1 hour ago, Charlie G said:

Rowett to blame all day long. Decent bloke but I’ve had enough of his **** football with players who he can’t seem to motivate! 

Collective responsibility. GR accepting his part but in truth, like he said, he can’t make players tackle, run, go the extra mile etc.

The players have to accept a large part of the blame here. Whether u rate him or not, Keogh has the heart for the club and the desire on the field.. I think  overall him being out the team hasn’t helped.

Mel also is not blameless- remember the comment after Xmas of “I believe that we have enough on the playing side to get over the line” ? 

Its a collective thing and problem.

Bottom line is,however, that we are *****.

4 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Collective responsibility. GR accepting his part but in truth, like he said, he can’t make players tackle, run, go the extra mile etc.

The players have to accept a large part of the blame here. Whether u rate him or not, Keogh has the heart for the club and the desire on the field.. I think  overall him being out the team hasn’t helped.

Mel also is not blameless- remember the comment after Xmas of “I believe that we have enough on the playing side to get over the line” ? 

Having enough to 'get over the line' is not enough. We needed enough to burst through the line at top speed. The only comment I remember from my old school reports was 'often tries to do just enough and fails'. This taught me more than anything else in my formative years. If you try to do enough, sometimes you will fail. Go above and beyond. Usain Bolt never did 'enough' to get over the line.

8 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Of course he can THAT is his job. He picks the players to play - bet Keogh would have put more effort in! 

4 minutes ago, caymanram said:

The way that the team is set up will invite pressure and errors, we were lucky during our run that we were not punished for them.  We were sat so deep today and our tactics were to hit the ball aimlessly 40 yards up field hoping that Nugent could get onto it.  The players are not being asked to play there natural game, they are frustrated, they are playing under a manager that is asking them to be negative, of course they are going to look disillusioned, any player would.

If only Rowett been man enough to shoulder some responsibility today. Instead he's pointed the finger at the team, a team he played a significant part in shaping. The lads have stopped playing for him, which is disgraceful in itself, but surely he can understand that then pointing the finger at the them alone as well as singling out individual players is only going to make things worse? He had a chance today to shoulder some blame and maybe earn back some of the respect from the players that seems to have evaporated recently. Instead he took a cowardly option and sought to deflect all of the blame elsewhere. That's unforgivable in my book.

I wasn't keen on his appointment in the first place as it struck me that once again, Mac had done nothing to deserve being fired. Despite that, I've tried to remain loyal and resisted the urge to jump on the 'Rowett Out' bandwagon but even this arch happy-clapper has now run out of steam. 

Looking to the future, it's going to take a deal of time to turn this team around so yet more patience will be demanded of the Derby faithful and I'd still be in the 'keep camp' had Gary had the guts to shoulder any responsibility for recent performances but that last post-match interview has sealed the deal for me. Enough is enough. He should do the honorable thing and resign. I don't rightly care whether it's now or end of season, something even yesterday I felt I'd never say, but if he hangs around for a payout he doesn't deserve, the toxic atmosphere around the club can only get worse. That can't be allowed to happen.

As for Mel, God alone knows what he must be thinking. Over £100 million spent by a man who clearly loves the club and yet we've not moved forward an inch under his tenure. It's a sad old day for Derby and the club's long-suffering fanbase.

57 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Just back.

burton played the better football. We were struggling to string any passes together and it was no surprise to me when they took the lead.

the first time we strung five passes together in their half we scored. 

Huddlestone and ledley were poor today which may be a combination of fatigue and old legs. 

We slumped back and they grew in confidence. We bring Palmer on but then play him deep in Ledleys role ffs.

Didn't really start to play until jerome came on and we finally started to commit a few players forward. I thought it was a definite penalty. Couldn't really understand the dogmatic negativity from Radio Derby 80 yards further away than i was.

For me it still comes back to gary and how we are set up; no orthodox midfield and hoofed careless balls forward.

finally a word for the Derby crowd.

i thought you were fkn pathetic. Ugly bad tempered and abusive. There were numerous  individuals haranging the players from the off.  One neanderthal gave Carson a load of abuse at half time. Carson? Followed with "this is embarrassing", "you're not fit to wear the shirt", chorus of boos, hand jestures to the players. If this is the famous south stand or the quality of our away support, you can keep it.

Sorry Ram Nut. This squad of players are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves. The fans were right - the players weren't fit to wear the shirt. Maybe hand-gestures were not right, and having a go at Carson was definitely wrong. But this squad should have trounced both Sunderland and Burton, and at least given Wolves a run for their money. Instead they ambled through all three games, and the Bolton game as well. 

It is the players who should be getting behind the fans for what they have had to put up with for far too long.

26 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

If we can play some good football have a game plan and bring in some younger and hungrier players I can live with finishing 10th next season but not this crap we can’t even pass to each other ?

If you appoint the right manager in the first place then you give them time...what worries me is....why was Rowett appointed?

if you wanted Derby way free flowing football then GR was a bad appointment so why give him time ??

someone like Jokanovic st Fulham is someone I’d give time too because he would eventually get us playing good football I have no time for GR or this style after today and I’ve been patient to say this....where are you curtains??? With your blinkered GR is king view????? What do you say about today??? cmon defend your hero Rowett go on!!! 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just a point about the penalty. I was level with goal line and Bywater was at least 2 yards off it when he saved it. Is that not an offence any more?

Could've probably stayed up and controlled the penalty with his feet it was that bad. 

He wasn't the only one, but Vydra looked disinterested all game and that summed up his performance.

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

If only Rowett been man enough to shoulder some responsibility today. Instead he's pointed the finger at the team, a team he played a significant part in shaping. The lads have stopped playing for him, which is disgraceful in itself, but surely he can understand that then pointing the finger at the them alone as well as singling out individual players is only going to make things worse? He had a chance today to shoulder some blame and maybe earn back some of the respect from the players that seems to have evaporated recently. Instead he took a cowardly option and sought to deflect all of the blame elsewhere. That's unforgivable in my book.

I

Archived