Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back, l was just behind the dugout, behind me I could hear the rants from Ramage, in front of me it was an embarrassing afternoon, I've not heard Rowetts comments yet but from where I was sitting we gave the ball away for every goal, Wisdom for the first (league one defender at best) Ledley the second & Huddlestone the 3rd. It didn't really matter though we couldn't pass the ball and I think had only 2 shots on target.

I don't really see the point of trying the long ball into the channels on a small pitch like this unless you have some pace up front, nor can I understand bringing Palmer on then playing him deep.

i can't really be sure which was worse this or Wolves, l can be sure though both wanted it more than we did.

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Could've probably stayed up and controlled the penalty with his feet it was that bad. 

He wasn't the only one, but Vydra looked disinterested all game and that summed up his performance.

Thanks - hard for me to see where it was placed from where I was sat. Still not right though.

I agree about Vydra today. We've completely changed our style of play to suit him and he's still not happy. 

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

If only Rowett been man enough to shoulder some responsibility today. Instead he's pointed the finger at the team, a team he played a significant part in shaping. The lads have stopped playing for him, which is disgraceful in itself, but surely he can understand that then pointing the finger at the them alone as well as singling out individual players is only going to make things worse? He had a chance today to shoulder some blame and maybe earn back some of the respect from the players that seems to have evaporated recently. Instead he took a cowardly option and sought to deflect all of the blame elsewhere. That's unforgivable in my book.

I totally agree, I’ve lost a lot of respect for him as a person for naming individuals that may have made mistakes, who doesn’t? But as a team game it’s up to a team to cover those mistakes . If he hadn’t lost the dressing room Before , he certainly has now

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I totally agree, I’ve lost a lot of respect for him as a person for naming individuals that may have made mistakes, who doesn’t? But as a team game it’s up to a team to cover those mistakes . If he hadn’t lost the dressing room Before , he certainly has now

Indeed. It makes me very sad to be honest. I do like Gary and I'd thought initially that man-management was probably his greatest asset. I've never been keen on the way we've played under him but to an extent, I could ignore that while the results were there and the team seemed unified but the only common denominator right now seems to be that both the manager and the players have given up. It's so disheartening :(

4 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

The thought of premier league football with rowett at the helm is quite frankly frightening at the moment 

Offset by the possibility of £200m and all the players to suit his style. Of course, the reality is we won’t have who he wants in the building. 

Jacob Davenport, a 20 year old loanee from Manchester City, ran rings around our almost non-existent midfield today by taking a simple pass to feet and feeding the ball quickly to other Burton players' feet. 

We have a similarly aged loanee from Chelsea so what does Rowett do with him? Bring him on as part of a defensive two.

He eventually pushed him forward but by then it was all too late.

Surely this result is worse than the one we had last season under Pearson? Last year, Pearson was working largely with players he'd inherited. Rowett's had plenty of time to build a team, he's built a poor one and the football is probably on par if not worse. 

33 minutes ago, Saity said:

If you appoint the right manager in the first place then you give them time...what worries me is....why was Rowett appointed?

if you wanted Derby way free flowing football then GR was a bad appointment so why give him time ??

someone like Jokanovic st Fulham is someone I’d give time too because he would eventually get us playing good football I have no time for GR or this style after today and I’ve been patient to say this....where are you curtains??? With your blinkered GR is king view????? What do you say about today??? cmon defend your hero Rowett go on!!! 

We had a manager in place who was at least trying to get the team to play decent football. We would IMO have been much stronger this season if we had kept him. Gary was available and Mel thought he was the one. GR isn't the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy who's xxxxing our club up.

14 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Offset by the possibility of £200m and all the players to suit his style. Of course, the reality is we won’t have who he wants in the building. 

The players to suit his style do not deserve to pull on the derby county shirt as demonstrated today 

not one player on that pitch came out of today with credibility be it a rowett signing or a player he inherited 

19 minutes ago, Waffle said:

Funny if we get promoted now

Thanks @Waffle - on a dark day for Rams fans, this at least made me chuckle. If we did get promoted (part of me still wants to believe, stupid as that is) then I think we'd finally understand what is meant by the term 'The Derby Way' :lol:

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

This is an outsiders view, but I think 'Rowetts motivation' is good if you are in his little group,but less so for the players on the fringe of it.

Maybe so. Mel certainly thought he was able to produce a committed, hard-working team based on his time at Brum.

My main problem with 'motivation', 'passion' and 'commitment' is that they are just synonyms for 'winning'. In other words, nobody questions the motivation when a team is winning (even if they're winning narrowly) but the moment the team starts losing it must be because they aren't committed enough.

I'm not sure whether Rowett is motivating them properly or not, but I do know his style of football isn't mine.

I’ve never been in the “rowett out” camp, but i can’t help thinking about last year at brum  when Ince scored in the last minute from Carson’s kick. Walking out of the ground a young brum lad asked me what I thought about Rowetts appointment, all I could say was he seemed to be saying the right things , the lad gave me a look I still remember, it was an ‘“ Ok, good luck with that “ kind of reaction. I did wonder at the time where his scepticism came from as I was under the impression with the money he had he had done ok. But now I think I know where his scepticism came from.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Sorry Ram Nut. This squad of players are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves. The fans were right - the players weren't fit to wear the shirt. Maybe hand-gestures were not right, and having a go at Carson was definitely wrong. But this squad should have trounced both Sunderland and Burton, and at least given Wolves a run for their money. Instead they ambled through all three games, and the Bolton game as well. 

It is the players who should be getting behind the fans for what they have had to put up with for far too long.

Nah.

the 'Derby faithful' were an absolute disgrace. I was ashamed to be stood amongst a troop of such utter morons. If thats what Mel witnessed when he ventured forth into south stand, then i hate to think what he must have thought.

Truth is that there is not a single player who would get into a premier league squad let alone starting 11. I am not sure there is a player who would get into the current top six starting 11 in the championship. Poor recruitment and sold players who would have been good enough. No more complicated than that.

Archived