Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Can’t even muster a sweet, sweet ‘I told you so’ today.

It’s just a hideous mess, even last season it was a hideous mess that I still loved

...I did ******* tell you so though, his tactics are complete *****.

Hahaha. I'm currently on vacation in Mexico. Cocktails, massage and hopefully a change in manager. Bliss.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gary Rowett, I really do, he seems like a decent enough bloke and I'm sure has Derby's best interests at heart.  As for his managerial ability, this is where I have the problem.  I was all for giving him time to let him put together his own team and see where it took us, but after the last 5 or 6 games I'm afraid I just don't see how he can take us forward.  Seven goals conceded against the bottom 2 teams is just totally unacceptable for a club who has aspirations of premier league football.  We are now out of the play offs for the simple reason that we're not good enough, playing absolutely dire football and are going backwards under GR.  I fear that if he stays it will be more of the same next season.  If he has any respect or personal integrity he should resign, it just hasn't worked out Gary! 

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Well that was grim. Out of the playoffs for the first time in 144 days. Four games to put that right. It's not looking good, but there is still hope and because of the games we have to play, reaching the playoffs is entirely in our own hands.

I acknowledge it's the hope that kills you.

Gross.

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

A lot of people saying Rowett can't motivate the players, but his ability to motivate was one of the reasons Mel hired him. And one of the reasons quite a few Derby fans wanted him.

Not defending him, just making the point that motivation isn't that important.

This is an outsiders view, but I think 'Rowetts motivation' is good if you are in his little group,but less so for the players on the fringe of it.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I think, rightfully, this goes down as one of the worst performances & results in the club's history. 

Certainly in the last 34 years.

Funny how certain GR lovers cannot come on here and defend him....the team is ***** the play is ***** and the tactics are ***** ...I’ve had enough of this ****!! Let’s get a manager who tries to play football ...if Fulham don’t go up offer jokanovic the money to turn us around and give him the time ...GR was never a good fit for us the football is dire!!! We need someone who’s going to try and play!!!! Had enough!!! The lack of desire is alarming!!!

Archived