Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

It’s a tough debate. If the team play like they don’t give a ****, why should fans that spend a massive percentage of their income and weekend supporting the team not be allowed to display their disappointment?

So don’t support them? 

The majority of the crowd maybe made up of people that have invested years through thick and thin. It’s difficult to just give up.  They must be allowed an opinion. If the support was only people that turned up when things are ok then they are not true fans, they are Man U, etc.

i can only go off radio derby today but it was commented a few times like the team really didn’t give flying one.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, HuddersRam said:

Surely this result is worse than the one we had last season under Pearson? Last year, Pearson was working largely with players he'd inherited. Rowett's had plenty of time to build a team, he's built a poor one and the football is probably on par if not worse. 

Well yes , and this was a must win game and one we somehow managed to contrive to lose..... easily.  The fact that we are playing far worse now than when Rowett took over tells a clear story. Why we are still having this discussion? Rowett must go asap.

Players looked like they could care ******* less, just a pathetic performance in every way.

At this point I don't give a damn anymore either.Get some players in who look like they actually care and a manager who knows what the **** he's doing.

Take care all, back to the beer for me.

Ashamed  to be a Derby fan top 5

Reading a few years ago when we needed just a point to reach playoffs and lost at home 0-3
Burton Albion today lost 1-3
Sunderland this season lost 1-4
Brighton last season lost 0-3
Leeds last season lost 0-1

4 hours ago, Premier ram said:

just got back to the mini bus , not felt so low all season , can understand the clamour to sack GR, but believe you me after seeing that performance a few of those players ought to be fearing for their futures , attitudes stank out there , if they are not playing for the manager they should be playing for the fans , who turned up again in hope , gave them plenty of support and encouragement and were left bewildered , angry and broken hearted again at full time , an absolute spineless , couldnt care less performance from some very well paid footballers , the bus im on is full of fans who have beeen watchin derby for a very long time , like myself and all have their ideas and theories for the way forward , but for me , i will have a pint back in derby in quiet contemplation while inwardly be very sad , worried and angry about one of the most inept performances in the last 5 years

Which ones in your opinion who were on display? ( just interested, I wasn’t there)

I doubt whether the players believe in the system and therefore the manager, but i don't see a team that isn't trying. 

The 433 was exposed for its limitations. The 4231 now is similarly exposed.

Poor recruitment and selection errors have weakened us, but the system and the tactics are the major handicap.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Thanks - hard for me to see where it was placed from where I was sat. Still not right though.

I agree about Vydra today. We've completely changed our style of play to suit him and he's still not happy. 

I fully expect him to be sold this summer but he should have started regularly with Martin for me

2 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

Surely this result is worse than the one we had last season under Pearson? Last year, Pearson was working largely with players he'd inherited. Rowett's had plenty of time to build a team, he's built a poor one and the football is probably on par if not worse. 

Pearson had better players at his disposal Rowett is operating with less talented players - still bad looking though 

45 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Ashamed  to be a Derby fan top 5

Reading a few years ago when we needed just a point to reach playoffs and lost at home 0-3
Burton Albion today lost 1-3
Sunderland this season lost 1-4
Brighton last season lost 0-3
Leeds last season lost 0-1

All recent times sadly - is this all since proper tackling was banned? And namby bamby were heralded as wonderful

Sith Happens

**** off. Anyone saying they are ashamed to be a derby fan is talking ********. Ashamed to support a club is when you look for glory.  Be proud to support your club...a club is for life not just good times. 

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

**** off. Anyone saying they are ashamed to be a derby fan is talking ********. Ashamed to support a club is when you look for glory.  Be proud to support your club...a club is for life not just good times. 

well said!

Totally embarrassing performance from a bunch of old men who couldn't give a damm about Derby County

Now the real problem , GR is not the messiah a lot of people thought he was,This season is over we will be lucky if we pick up any more points this season,even Barnsley will beat us if it means staying up.

Watched the live game last night and one of the Sky commentates mentions Leeds needed a massive clear out and start again.Funny how another team in White needs to do the same . 

1 hour ago, AmericanRam said:

Players looked like they could care ******* less, just a pathetic performance in every way.

At this point I don't give a damn anymore either.Get some players in who look like they actually care and a manager who knows what the **** he's doing.

Take care all, back to the beer for me.

Beer is the only way, American Ram.

Trouble is, the more I drink and the more I read about todays match, the more I moan.....and its starting to bug the wife.

Time for another bottle of Oakham Citra.   I wonder what Gary is drinking.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

You'd have been in a very small minority amongst the fans brain dead behind the goal today.

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, RamNut said:

You'd have been in a very small minority amongst the fans brain dead behind the goal today.

What was the chant Gary spoke about?

Love the fact when we lose the finger is pointed so quickly at the players attitudes not their ability 

we're not good enough for the play offs 

rowett wanted wholesale changes end of last season, as did us to a man when we finished yet another disappointing season 

but when uv got so many on such big contracts movingly them out isn't as easy as it is on champ manager folks

shockingly there wasn't a queue breaking down the pride park door to take Jacob butterfield and nick Blackman off us for a nice lump of cash for us to spend whilst taking on their big wages 

gr has a massive job to do here still, bent and shackell leave on frees this year and with a bit of luck some of those frozen out might do too

then he'll have some proper wriggle room and perhaps can put together a side that doesn't have to have a right back playing at left back cos the two left backs bought by previous managers are so inept 

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Love the fact when we lose the finger is pointed so quickly at the players attitudes not their ability 

we're not good enough for the play offs 

rowett wanted wholesale changes end of last season, as did us to a man when we finished yet another disappointing season 

but when uv got so many on such big contracts movingly them out isn't as easy as it is on champ manager folks

shockingly there wasn't a queue breaking down the pride park door to take Jacob butterfield and nick Blackman off us for a nice lump of cash for us to spend whilst taking on their big wages 

gr has a massive job to do here still, bent and shackell leave on frees this year and with a bit of luck some of those frozen out might do too

then he'll have some proper wriggle room and perhaps can put together a side that doesn't have to have a right back playing at left back cos the two left backs bought by previous managers are so inept 

Yes still a big job to do. I think it's a bit unfair regarding left backs. Forsyth was an excellent signing. Two serious injuries was bound to have an effect.

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Maybe, I did over react with my post a bit..few beers lol

I still don't think anyone should be ashamed to be a derby fan, but ashamed of how they played yesterday is the right terminology. 

Archived