Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

8 hours ago, wingfieldram said:

Beer is the only way, American Ram.

Trouble is, the more I drink and the more I read about todays match, the more I moan.....and its starting to bug the wife.

Time for another bottle of Oakham Citra.   I wonder what Gary is drinking.

Don’t know what he’s drinking. Just hope it’s in the last chance saloon 

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think we’ve got more work to do now than we did at the end of last season. 

It’s a total mess and IMO, created by the manager who has not delivered on what he said he would do with the squad and replaced players with deadwood. 

I mean come on, having to play Baird at left back should not be happening at this end of the season. And that is just a start of our problems. 

Just watched the post match interview. From what people said I couldn't face it til now....but I'm not sure what else he could say.

He used the words abhorrent, disappointing, unacceptable, fans were right to be annoyed.  

Only other thing he could say was 'I got a, b, c wrong'. But that would probably mean naming players who didn't work hard or keep their position or want the ball etc. There are a handful of games left.. he needs to look assured and we go again  ..so I thought he spoke well. 

He has tried to be all things to all men. Bring down the wage bill whilst keeping us in the playoffs....and he nearly did (and still might) it. 

Until he has a free hand over the summer I am not convinced we know what he can achieve and lurching to the next, new best shiny thing is recipe for another year of someone getting to know the ropes.

Won't find agreement from many and I have said elsewhere the look of the squad going forward worries me but I am prepared to give it til Xmas.

Few posters last night calling out those who have supported him so far who have gone quiet. I think Mac 1, Clement and Pearson all got too little time.. and nothing I'm hearing is making me think firing someone at the first opportunity is a good idea still. We wait till the summer and depending on what Mel set out he wanted and how he feels Rowett has stuck to the brief, what money is available...we decide then on what we do.

33 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yes still a big job to do. I think it's a bit unfair regarding left backs. Forsyth was an excellent signing. Two serious injuries was bound to have an effect.

He was and I have nothing but admiration and respect for fozzy

but truth be told I don't think we're going to see that same marauding full back we all fell in love with

two fold reason

firstly as u say injuries

secondly, tactical 

forsyth under mclaren excelled as an attacking marauding full back where he was given licence to use his attacking instincts to bomb forward and deliver some simply wonderful balls into the box.

my thing with him even back then was actually he was still liable to giving a cheap ball away in our half but his attacking play eclipsed this and he got the due plaudits.

under rowett he's being asked to play as much more of a conventional full back which clearly for whatever reason, and I don't know why but it clearly doesn't suit him, he hasn't become a bad player overnight but for some reason seems incapable of finding his own man when deep inside his own half.

for what it's worth I think that's cos he hasn't got Chris Martin showing for him but that's a different conversation 

17 hours ago, McLovin said:

It’s both of our faults. Since I removed the hair as my profile picture and you removed yours with the insects, we’ve turned to rubbish.

#blamemclovnip

I do not accept. It's David's fault for banning animated profile pictures.

12 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

Totally embarrassing performance from a bunch of old men who couldn't give a damm about Derby County

So which players weren't trying?

21 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I hope we get more money if they stay up, we are going to need it, actually do we get more money when Hendrick and Burnley quality for Europe 

I think more money only for Champions League qualification; not the poxy Europa League.;)

Archived