Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

'I'm not out there kicking the ball, I'm just sat in the dug out'. Surely there's more to this manager lark than that? This after naming all the individual players who made mistakes for the goals...

Usually a bad sign when a manager starts shifting blame onto the players. To my mind a manager should take responsibility and take the blame for the players in the press even if he isn't at fault. And then deal with any issues in house.

I've never got involved in manager our threads, unless it was to defend the manager, even when I was uber negative about Mac and Clement.

I look at some of the posters who I have huge respect for saying it's time to get rid.

If its got to that stage for them then it must be bad. I've never seen those posters male or female jumping on a manager out bandwagon.

Bloody hell, sorry for you lot.

Hope you wont begrudge anyone at Burton the win.

From our perspective it couldn't have been a nicer day, goals for boyce and akins, both of whom deserve it, Derby missing a pen which could have made things really interesting, then of course Barks getting onto the pitch. Wonderful.

Hope you bounce back but right now I'm sorry that I don't over care, I'm off to have a pint, we"re still going down, today changes nowt for us , it's just lovely to win a game and of course it's a touch more special that it's against you lot.

Don't hate me for that.

Just back.

burton played the better football. We were struggling to string any passes together and it was no surprise to me when they took the lead.

the first time we strung five passes together in their half we scored. 

Huddlestone and ledley were poor today which may be a combination of fatigue and old legs. 

We slumped back and they grew in confidence. We bring Palmer on but then play him deep in Ledleys role ffs.

Didn't really start to play until jerome came on and we finally started to commit a few players forward. I thought it was a definite penalty. Couldn't really understand the dogmatic negativity from Radio Derby 80 yards further away than i was.

For me it still comes back to gary and how we are set up; no orthodox midfield and hoofed careless balls forward.

finally a word for the Derby crowd.

i thought you were fkn pathetic. Ugly bad tempered and abusive. There were numerous  individuals haranging the players from the off.  One neanderthal gave Carson a load of abuse at half time. Carson? Followed with "this is embarrassing", "you're not fit to wear the shirt", chorus of boos, hand jestures to the players. If this is the famous south stand or the quality of our away support, you can keep it.

i missed the game as i was called away and now am glad of it.  What i saw when we played Sunderland was disheartening and i've pretty much written this team off because of it.  To give up like they did then is unforgivable, disgraceful and a whole lot of added expletives.  Today, i thought okay, it's Burton, a struggling team with meager means, a former manager and all that, we will beat them surely.  Feel like a chump to have believed in this lot. 

Congratulations to Nigel, the better manager won and for me to say that is not easy.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I’m expecting a line up like this from Gary for the next game:

Carson

Wisdom Pearce   Davies    Baird

Keogh      Ledley

Hanson        Huddlestone   Johnson

Jerome

That would make us more solid to beat

LOL, keep 10 in our own half.

It will be something bonkers

Carson

Hanson Wisdom Davies Johnson

Ledley Huddlestone 

Weimann Palmer Lawrence

Jerome

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Just back.

burton played the better football. We were struggling to string any passes together and it was no surprise to me when they took the lead.

the first time we strung five passes together in their half we scored. 

Huddlestone and ledley were poor today which may be a combination of fatigue and old legs. 

We slumped back and they grew in confidence. We bring Palmer on but then play him deep in Ledleys role ffs.

Didn't really start to play until jerome came on and we finally started to commit a few players forward. I thought it was a definite penalty. Couldn't really understand the dogmatic negativity from Radio Derby 80 yards further away than i was.

For me it still comes back to gary and how we are set up; no orthodox midfield and hoofed careless balls forward.

finally a word for the Derby crowd.

i thought you were fkn pathetic. Ugly bad tempered and abusive. There were numerous  individuals haranging the players from the off.  One neanderthal gave Carson a load of abuse at half time. Carson? Followed with "this is embarrassing", "you're not fit to wear the shirt", chorus of boos, hand jestures to the players. If this is the famous south stand or the quality of our away support, you can keep it.

I agree a great number of supporters were an utter disgrace today. I have never seen a set of fans do that before. Utter savages the half of them. 

It would be better if the majority of them were not there at all. The sad part was it certainly wasn't the minority. 

I am not sure i feel i can continue to support a club where such a large portion of the fan base are so aggressive, abusive and pathetic.

Just got home after watching that shower of *****.

I thought it’d be hard to be in the Burton end today, to conceal my cheers when we  hammered them 5-0....pah!

Its simple. If we want to win games. We need to pass to each other and attempt to attack their goal.  Our set up. Our formation DOESN’T WORK ANYMORE.

it only just worked when we were winning.

Im not asking for Rowetts head or anything: we’ve tried mutiple managers/spent millions on players.(the players on the pitch today should’ve walked that and won easily.) that didn’t work either.

I’m just kinda done with it all. 

Try a new formation, give the youngsters a go. Anything! I don’t care, tho. I won’t be watching...!

That was a pretty disgusting display.

Im one for continuity and will always back a manger until it's obvious that a change is required. I think it looks like the end for rowett after this, the post match interview summed it up.......he's lost the players!

The sad thing now is that we are in a really bad position if we do change. Seemingly no money and a mismatched squad that would make Frankenstein proud!

Who's going to be able to turn this around? 

Whoever it is will need time and patience, something certain sections of our fan base will not be able to deal with. Hopefully an improved brand of football should we get it will keep them at bay for a while.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

That was a pretty disgusting display.

Im one for continuity and will always back a manger until it's obvious that a change is required. I think it looks like the end for rowett after this, the post match interview summed it up.......he's lost the players!

The sad thing now is that we are in a really bad position if we do change. Seemingly no money and a mismatched squad that would make Frankenstein proud!

Who's going to be able to turn this around? 

Whoever it is will need time and patience, something certain sections of our fan base will not be able to deal with. Hopefully an improved brand of football should we get it will keep them at bay for a while.

Perhaps we all jumped on NP too soon,he wanted to change things,when we thought he was wrong to do so,and he was doing it quick.yes results were sure but would be have got it right? Not sure but obviously radical changes need to be made unless Mel is content on us being a mid table team.

Archived