Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

RiddingsRam

Bolton were very low on confidence and folded easily. They didn't have the quality to hurt us even though we sat back. The best thing was the calmness in the middle with huddlestone, leadley, pearce and davies.  Would like Thomas to have been given longer as the game had gone flat.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Good win but slightly worrying how many chances we gave away...

I don't like to have a go at individuals but a lot of that was down to Wisdom (a player who I see as normally pretty classy ) he was off his game today in touch, precision and anticipation. That far post was a hole that wasn't filled well enough on a number set pieces.

Overall was pleased with today's game, first half in total control, and could have scored more, also a note on the positive atmosphere around me today in the east stand , everyone willing us on all game, and getting behind Lawrence who in turn , got better as the game went on, both centre mids, Ledley and Huddlestone ran the show, with Ledley being my star man today, he just goes about his business with no fuss , and is always available for the ball, also thought Pearce and Davis were very good as well, and congratulations to Vydra for hitting the net for the 20th time this season. Bring on Wolves, can not wait antill Wednesday evening now.

Much better today derby! Looked much more confident on the ball and actually played on the deck a bit! Pleased for Lawrence, great goal and a decent performance in possession too. Much more like us earlier in the season when we were at our best, Huddlestone running the show again. 2 wins on the spin, lets bloody well keep this up now!

Have it mention the Bolton fans as well, brilliant!:lol: Always rated them as some of the funniest fans about, fair play to those who travelled.

Good result, but did anyone else notice Rowett turn to where Mel Morris was sat when Lawrence scored? Just stared towards that area with his hands on his hips for a good 20seconds or so. 

I don’t know if I’m looking into it too much, but could Mel have suggested dropping him recently? 

An enjoyable afternoon. 3 goals, 3 points and a clean sheet. .. What a difference that and a few degrees on the thermometer make to the walk back along the river.

solid performances almost all round. Not spectacular and sexy but good stuff. 

Positives .. Growing confidence from Tom Lawrence to the point that he did that greedy bit in the box towards the end and over did it .. But you know what .. You need players who try those sorts of things. .. Great goal well taken and in many ways his persistence early in the action meant he made his own opportunity and took in style. I also liked a couple of gutsy tackles he put in. In my view Ameobi fouled him badly later in the second half. Pulled his arm right back before taking him down. Why didn't the linesman see something right in front him ? And Tom was free and clear. 

Alex Pearce .. Always liked him. In the darkest days of Pearson I felt he kept the team together and he had a rock solid performance capped with a skilful powerful header of the highest quality. 

The Blonde Bomber gets goal 20 ... From a cunning bounced ricochet assist from David (I planned it that way) Nugent  :ph34r:

Tom Huddlestone .. Got caught on the ball once or twice but his composure and passing is crucial to this team. He is quality, and with the organised intelligent Joe Ledley next to him we can damage opponents even if we are that millesecond slow at times. 

Luke Thomas .. Hey .. He's quick intelligent and hungry .. Great debut. Are we sure he's from the under 23's ? He looks more like a an 11 year old Vydra. ( this is a good thing .. Believe me :o )

Negatives .. Still need to move the ball quicker. Wisdom was off it today and we gave them too much at the far post. 

Summary .. I've missed loads but it's the excitment of watching Derby County effectivey run the game for a whole 90 minutes 

6 minutes ago, ram93 said:

Good result, but did anyone else notice Rowett turn to where Mel Morris was sat when Lawrence scored? Just stared towards that area with his hands on his hips for a good 20seconds or so. 

I don’t know if I’m looking into it too much, but could Mel have suggested dropping him recently? 

Well this forum could escalate.....

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

How did young Thomas do in his cameo?

Very well. A couple of really good runs with the ball, beat his man, kept the ball, laid it off. Eager (as you would expect) running well of the ball. Liked the look of him. Might get battered if he started a game but all round very good first appearance. 

low centre of gravity, quick as a whippet. Reminded me a bit of a young chris commons. 

Thought today’s win was pretty convincing.

Bar a couple of moments in the second half they were pretty average, we made them look it though to our credit. Simply no threat against our midfield and back pairing most of the game. Carson once again there when he needed to be.

Attacking, Vydra and Nugent once again showed how well they play together and blimey a pairin that link up, who would have thought that was the aim! Huddlestone ran the show for me, with Ledley effective but really pleased Lawrence continued to improve. Been saying exactly what Rowett came out and said, he needs encouragement, they more confidence he gets, the better he will play; he still young and raw but aside from the step overs, he has plenty of potential, just give him chance.

We win 3-0. Great...3 points, clean sheet, but...:

1. Bolton were limp & dire.

2. We have no clue once we are 30 yards from goal. 

3. We may get to the playoffs but we are so so predictable.

sorry but I tell it like it is. Happy Clappers can wade in now....

PistoldPete2
15 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I thought our back four were very good today. I’m a huge defender of Keogh but we looked less shakey in defence, no risky passes around the box either. 

Makes a big differnec having Hud in front of them. Was impressed by Pearce, and as you say the whole back four.

Thought Lawrence was good but Huddlestone in the first half was class, they closed him down a bit in the second. Vydra apart from the goal was quite. Wisdom worried me, his decision making was aweful.

the Lawrence goal was excellent. We had a few spells were it started to click and we looked a fluid attacking team but not enough of them. We looked more confident thN of late. Jerome tried but frustrated me. Thomas was excellent when he came on would like to see more.

2 on the bounce......I think they call that ....a run. Now back at the Midland Hotel with Mrs Woodley... happy days and well done the crowd funny and loud awesome COYRs 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

How important is Joe Ledley to this team..... much stronger midfield today.

We played well enough, Bolton were abysmal..... 

7.5/10 performance. Great win. 

I stopped watching the match for the last 10 mins, and just concentrated on Ledley.

He just seems to glide into the correct position, never stands and watches his pass once made, but uses his nous to block holes, make options for teammates, and even nearly found himself clean through from a Davies pass, all by little 5/10yd movements.

A must on the teamsheet until seasons end.

9 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

We win 3-0. Great...3 points, clean sheet, but...:

1. Bolton were limp & dire.

2. We have no clue once we are 30 yards from goal. 

3. We may get to the playoffs but we are so so predictable.

sorry but I tell it like it is. Happy Clappers can wade in now....

I'm wading, I'm wading. Yes waters a bit chilly so just rolling up trouser legs for now. 

Nephew was at Brighton today .. Says we are better than either side that he saw today 

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I stopped watching the match for the last 10 mins, and just concentrated on Ledley.

He just seems to glide into the correct position, never stands and watches his pass once made, but uses his nous to block holes, make options for teammates, and even nearly found himself clean through from a Davies pass, all by little 5/10yd movements.

A must on the teamsheet until seasons end.

He was doing that all game. For me he was MOTM. He won the midfield, which gave us an easy victory.

Archived