Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

RiddingsRam

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Unbelievable. We're 3-0 up and we've been comfortable since the first minute. Played some good stuff, scored a couple of decent goals and managed the game professionally.

Don't forget to squeeze a dig in somehow though.

Not a Rowett hater. Take him or leave him. But there's been plenty of folk calling for Plan Bs to be developed that this seems like an opportunity missed. When was the last time he had a 3 goal cushion to work with?

Whatever.

Great that the performance was much improved. 

How important is Joe Ledley to this team..... much stronger midfield today.

We played well enough, Bolton were abysmal..... 

7.5/10 performance. Great win. 

Good 3 points. It is a shame Bristol City couldn't have taken a point at Millwall. Hopefully Wolves will be slightly complacent on Wednesday and give us a chance. A win at Burton is a must next Saturday. Squeaky bum time for Warnock. Fulham are right on his tail. I bet he wishes he could have played us a few weeks ago. I fancy us to beat Cardiff now and I think Fulham will go up automatically.However with half their team comprising loanees it probably won't do them much good.

Back to back wins and clean sheets, great time to start building momentum going into the play offs. Forget about February and March, been and gone, can’t change that.

6 to go now, no time for tinkering, straying from what we do best, defend, pound and punish. 

This is where our “veterans” experience could prove key to finishing the job. 

?

They are by far the worst side ive seen this season but we still contrived to let them hit the post and have a few half chances in the second half by just doing enough ,that is what i find hard to take. Im not saying we needed to go gung ho for a 6 niller we just needed to have that bit more composure on the ball ..just play keep ball instead of constantly giving it away.

2 minutes ago, superzak said:

They are by far the worst side ive seen this season but we still contrived to let them hit the post and have a few half chances in the second half by just doing enough ,that is what i find hard to take. Im not saying we needed to go gung ho for a 6 niller we just needed to have that bit more composure on the ball ..just play keep ball instead of constantly giving it away.

Really? I saw it different..... thought we kept ball well and played very simple today. Simple defending too..... all back 4 cleared their lines today, if it needed to go out.... it did, simple easy stuff. Disagree with your critique.  

4 minutes ago, superzak said:

I get the impression the game was won by half time. I hope we were saving some energy and form for Wednesday night. A win would be great.

A much needed win to recover the damage of the Sunderland game, particularly for the goal difference. I was critical over Lawrence but I will give credit where credit is due, he was much better today. Huddlestone brilliant once again. The best passer I’ve ever seen in a derby shirt. 

However, I don’t think we were great today, although that can be due to us not needing to be good. Bolton are rubbish. The worst team to come to pride park all season and it’s no surprise that their fans are taking the piss out of their own team by chanting let’s pretend we scored a goal.

Archived