Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

RiddingsRam

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Went to paphos last summer and loved it. Went to best restaurant ever too, 7 st georges or something similar. Let me know if you want me to find out the actual details.

In Cyprus at the end of the month, but near Protaras 

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You miss the point entirely. When things aren't going well fans comment to try to point out how to put things right. When things are right there's not so much to say. Things are said because we want things right.

The point to me is whether a poster only sees what they think is wrong and bangs on constantly about it but can’t /won’t see anything that is right ,that has no real value and when any positives are either ignored or shouted down with negatives then it’s comming from a blinkered biased position ,,, the same could be levelled if someone only sees positives 

Turnaround is great from a week or 2 ago.

whats it down to? Surely it not just as simple as ledley being back in the team (though he gets a lot of plaudits)?

though if JL really is the glue that makes us tick (mixed metaphors of the world unite), then we should be congratulating Gary Rowett for finding him on the unwanted list:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Turnaround is great from a week or 2 ago.

whats it down to? Surely it not just as simple as ledley being back in the team (though he gets a lot of plaudits)?

though if JL really is the glue that makes us tick (mixed metaphors of the world unite), then we should be congratulating Gary Rowett for finding him on the unwanted list:thumbsup:

Ledley and this new kid as a left back... Huddlestone's comeback might have something to do with it too. And Pearce... I think I could go on quite a while, but let's just say Ledley as his stats are so awesome.

18 minutes ago, archied said:

The point to me is whether a poster only sees what they think is wrong and bangs on constantly about it but can’t /won’t see anything that is right ,that has no real value and when any positives are either ignored or shouted down with negatives then it’s comming from a blinkered biased position ,,, the same could be levelled if someone only sees positives 

Well explained @archied. A great example of a Derby County Supporter is @angieram who tells us on here, how clearly @angieram has seen any incident involving the club and how it appeared honestly to @angieram. No hidden or biased agenda's but a balanced report on what @angieram has experienced. If it's great it's great, if it's good, it's good, if it's dour, it's dour, if it's poor it's poor etc. But even when it's dour or poor @angieram will have experienced plenty of positive points in the game, day and just like our football club and management team know for the benefit of the team, for the supporters for the club, that these positive points are the ones that we all benefit from focussing on, as they will lift us, benefit us as positivity brings positivity and negativity brings negativity. Again everyone is entitled to their opinions but it is what we all want to gain from it, that is important, hence why @angieram chooses to opt to look for the positives in any situation as our behaviours can be mirrored and replicated within our football club on and off the pitch. Mel said against Man Utd on the TV, the importance of Unity, all working together in unison and that's what I choose to do, to support Derby County Football club in a positive way and back them up in a positive way, because I want and desire a positive football club that does positive things on and off the pitch and in turn makes me a positive and happy Derby County Football Club Supporter.

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

23 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Well written jono, nailed it. And if I end up sitting next to any of these folk, laying into their own club at Wembley in May, I'm going to pick them up and volley them into the opposite end where they belong. 101 pages on the Sunderland thread of moaning when we lose, 31 pages on the Bolton thread when we win. 

Up The Rams

Tripe

15 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Well explained @archied. A great example of a Derby County Supporter is @angieram who tells us on here, how clearly @angieram has seen any incident involving the club and how it appeared honestly to @angieram. No hidden or biased agenda's but a balanced report on what @angieram has experienced. If it's great it's great, if it's good, it's good, if it's dour, it's dour, if it's poor it's poor etc. But even when it's dour or poor @angieram will have experienced plenty of positive points in the game, day and just like our football club and management team know for the benefit of the team, for the supporters for the club, that these positive points are the ones that we all benefit from focussing on, as they will lift us, benefit us as positivity brings positivity and negativity brings negativity. Again everyone is entitled to their opinions but it is what we all want to gain from it, that is important, hence why @angieram chooses to opt to look for the positives in any situation as our behaviours can be mirrored and replicated within our football club on and off the pitch. Mel said against Man Utd on the TV, the importance of Unity, all working together in unison and that's what I choose to do, to support Derby County Football club in a positive way and back them up in a positive way, because I want and desire a positive football club that does positive things on and off the pitch and in turn makes me a positive and happy Derby County Football Club Supporter.

Thanks, Inverurie Ram - the cheque is in the post! :lol:

Seriously, it hasn't been the easiest of seasons and there are some regrets for me about 'what might have beens' but we are in a great position to be in the playoffs and when we do get it right the football can be really exciting. 

The most important match for me is always the next match! 

On 08/04/2018 at 02:35, ariotofmyown said:

Went to paphos last summer and loved it. Went to best restaurant ever too, 7 st georges or something similar. Let me know if you want me to find out the actual details.

Thanks for the tip but we are All Inclusive at our hotel

Huddlestone and ledley is a big improvement over thorne and johnson.

the addition of ledley coincides with our early season change of form. 

Poor old george gave the ball away four or five times in the first half v sunderland.

dropping forsyth is long overdue. Keogh was going slightly scatty. we are now a bit calmer and more inclined to pass out with more accuracy. Nuge instead of the ineffective jerome helps. 

So basically - better selection, and a few players back from injury.

we don't have too many options in midfield. Palmer Seems to be purely an understudy to vydra.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ah fair enough. Have a good time. Whats the temperature like at this time of year?

It’s quite warm in the day , about 25 degrees , but cools off at night. We had a thunderstorm in the early hours of this morning and it’s cloud / sunshine today. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Huddlestone and ledley is a big improvement over thorne and johnson.

the addition of ledley coincides with our early season change of form. 

Poor old george gave the ball away four or five times in the first half v sunderland.

dropping forsyth is long overdue. Keogh was going slightly scatty. we are now a bit calmer and more inclined to pass out with more accuracy. Nuge instead of the ineffective jerome helps. 

So basically - better selection, and a few players back from injury.

we don't have too many options in midfield. Palmer Seems to be purely an understudy to vydra.

Agree with all the above ,, no offence to Jono or George but hudds and Ledley have played at a higher level and it shows ,, George at his best may be fighting for a place but not the infarction of George at the moment 

9 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Might sound odd, but I really rate Vydra's goal yesterday. Stays aware and focused, is watching the last defender, not the ball, and keeps himself onside. Alot of players would have wandered offside there.

I think he was offside!

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think he was offside!

I think he is just played onside by the defender diving to block!

ca1fbe7186366a0b31446c2cae052464.jpg

Pretty much impossible to tell from this angle, but I could believe that with the defender diving he'd be onside.

8 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I think he is just played onside by the defender diving to block!

ca1fbe7186366a0b31446c2cae052464.jpg

Pretty much impossible to tell from this angle, but I could believe that with the defender diving he'd be onside.

Ah yes nice pic, it's certainly close(!) but we have to imagine that the defenders obscured leg is fully stretched out so plays Vydra onside.

On 07/04/2018 at 17:12, Andrew3000 said:

Well done but you lose points for being a BTS fangirl!

On 07/04/2018 at 17:16, 86 points said:

Excuse my ignorance but what's BTS?

On 07/04/2018 at 17:17, Andrew3000 said:

BangTanSonyeondan

Eh?

Anybody?

Archived