Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

RiddingsRam

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

At Preston we got lucky, today we were more than value for the win. Big, big difference but if you really want to downgrade the performance then feel free. We were pretty decent today and took our chances. Just my happy-clapper opinion of course. We're still in there and fighting and after the last few weeks that ought o be something to be cheery about.

Or not....

Bolton were pretty awful today. Fair play to their fans who had the whole ground clapping them when they celebrated having a shot. Other songs that made me laugh were 'we're going to score in a hour' and 'next goal wins' when they were 3 - 0 down.

I just want to see us play like we did in the first 10 minutes for 90 minutes. I would be very happy.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Great to get three points...

No reception where we are so can't comment on the game at all

How were we?

Decent and then coasted home ,, tougher tests to come but one game at a time 

14 minutes ago, 86 points said:

What alternative view would that be?

That everything’s ok really. We have no “team-ness though” - no USP just a back 6 and individuals running around like headless chickens. No combination football and reliant on Hudd so much. All that’s fine for now...but it’s all so ephemeral. 

Must never be critical (evaluative, analytical, interpretative, commentative, explanatory) about Derby, otherwise you get accused of moaning (complaining and grumbling).

Critcism is imperative. Do folks think that Gary and Mel aren't critics.

It must be great to just sit there grinning like the fool on the hill, watching the world spinning around. 

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Bolton were pretty awful today. Fair play to their fans who had the whole ground clapping them when they celebrated having a shot. Other songs that made me laugh were 'we're going to score in a hour' and 'next goal wins' when they were 3 - 0 down.

I just want to see us play like we did in the first 10 minutes for 90 minutes. I would be very happy.

I'd be very happy to see you happy :thumbsup: I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Chuffed we got a routine win against a poor side.

Hudds MoM for me.

Now just give us a performance mid-week to keep a bit of optimism going.

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

That everything’s ok really. We have no “team-ness though” - no USP just a back 6 and individuals running around like headless chickens. No combination football and reliant on Hudd so much. All that’s fine for now...but it’s all so ephemeral. 

Not sure where I've said that, simply because I haven't but embellish all you like. If you want to label folk for taking some enjoyment out of the game today, fair enough, but let's not imply it's because they're deluded. :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Were you having a wee when we scored our second goal, a nice passing move?

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Not sure where I've said that, simply because I haven't but embellish all you like. If you want to label folk for taking some enjoyment out of the game today, fair enough, but let's not imply it's because they're deluded. :thumbsup:

I wasn’t quoting you...and happy for you to have a different view. And if you took enjoyment today that’s fine by me. I was just putting on record my lack of enjoyment from a lacklustre game against a League 1 standard side. 

10 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Were you having a wee when we scored our second goal, a nice passing move?

Yes I was...just got to see Nuge’s shot saved and the Vyd tap in. Sounds like I missed the football highlight then, though TL’s shot was quite good too. 

19 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Must never be critical (evaluative, analytical, interpretative, commentative, explanatory) about Derby, otherwise you get accused of moaning (complaining and grumbling).

Critcism is imperative. Do folks think that Gary and Mel aren't critics.

It must be great to just sit there grinning like the fool on the hill, watching the world spinning around. 

Nobody should derive any enjoyment from the game. Immediately don your sackcloth and ashes and head to the nearest market square, there to self-flagellate to the point of expiration.

* how's the view from the hill pal?

32 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

You need to drink more mate lol,  we were good first half,  saw the game out second half, now onto Wolves, I am always Happy when Derby win, also thought we played some good football at times, but as I have said some people just love to moan, and that's there choice, I bet you have your season ticket already, because for you that's what you go for, I bet your Mrs can not wait for you to go to the football on the Saturday, so you can stop moaning around the house, does she buy the season ticket for you as a birthday present Lol, glad you had your normal moaning good time at the match LOL. And yes I AM a HAPPY POSITIVE ram, it's what I go to the football for, to enjoy the day out, my glass is always half full.

Well destroy the witness’s character rather than refute the argument...playoffs here we come. ?

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I wasn’t quoting you...and happy for you to have a different view. And if you took enjoyment today that’s fine by me. I was just putting on record my lack of enjoyment from a lacklustre game against a League 1 standard side. 

Fair enough mate but it's the assumption that folk who took something from the game did so because they can't see what you do that irks. I'm perfectly aware that we've plenty of scope for improvement and for what it's worth, I'm sorry you took no enjoyment from the game.

In any case, I'll leave it there. Enjoy your evening :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Fair enough mate but it's the assumption that folk who took something from the game did so because they can't see what you do that irks. I'm perfectly aware that we've plenty of scope for improvement and for what it's worth, I'm sorry you took no enjoyment from the game.

In any case, I'll leave it there. Enjoy your evening :thumbsup:

Not my intention @86 points at all. I respect your observations and am prepared to have my views turned over...I’m a harsh critic at times and wish I could stifle my idealism...I can go along with it 75% but I don’t see us being anything other than “also rans” for the foreseeable future. I want wins but I also need style and aplomb. And enjoy your evening too. All the best.,

33 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Nobody should derive any enjoyment from the game. Immediately don your sackcloth and ashes and head to the nearest market square, there to self-flagellate to the point of expiration.

* how's the view from the hill pal?

Wasn't for you per se but reinforces the point that criticism is not allowed.

Criticism - see the definition referring to evaluation etc.

Or see criticism as anti Derby.

The view is good - rational and balance. 

42 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Jeez league 1 must be poor then. They were shocking. The fans were very funny in a self deprecating way though. 

Archived