Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

RiddingsRam

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Yep I'm not sure that we should be running around with our shirts off swinging them above our heads. It wasn't that good today.

Today was very efficient, but not outstanding. We weren't particularly good and Bolton were no match for us. That's about it really. We had 3 "can-be-bothered" moments, 4 shots and 3 goals. And that was job done. However part of that was that it was no use us flogging ourselves chasing a huge win when we face Wolves on Wednesday, although a merciless bagfull of goals would be nice on the odd occasion. We ended going for a ride in a Ford Focus when we have a BMW M Sport in the garage, but needs must, and we should see it pay dividends against Wolves.

There was a terrific cameo by Luke Thomas, so as with Palmer, he probably will never start a match for Derby because he looks like he could a lot of what we are missing. Ledley, Pearce and Lawrence did well, abd Carson, with little to do all game, was there when it mattered. Great player.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Not necessarily @86 points. I totally respect your alternative views to mine...but despite a hip flask full of port n brandy I didn’t even get vaguely happy at the game. 3-0 up and we cantered around like it was a warm-down...

We've got Wolves away in mid week, why kill yourself when the game is won? I understand that some fans want full on non stop action for 90 minutes, but why risk hamstrings by tearing around when the game is won and more important games are coming up?

14 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Wasn't for you per se but reinforces the point that criticism is not allowed.

Criticism - see the definition referring to evaluation etc.

Or see criticism as anti Derby.

The view is good - rational and balance. 

Just as your post mocked those not sharing your outlook. Glass houses mate, that's the point I was making. Couldn't care less what you think and wouldn't try and change your mind either :thumbsup:

It wasn't brilliant today, but it was an improvement. 

Given the form we've shown recently, I'm happy to take the positives from today, and see where it can take us until seasons end.

I see neither a reason to crab, or a reason to say all's well in the world, really.

Did all we had to do, with the minimum of fuss, we'll either build from it or we won't, but just as we shouldn't judge us on the Sunderland game, neither should we on today.

19 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Today was very efficient, but not outstanding. We weren't particularly good and Bolton were no match for us. That's about it really. We had 3 "can-be-bothered" moments, 4 shots and 3 goals. And that was job done. However part of that was that it was no use us flogging ourselves chasing a huge win when we face Wolves on Wednesday, although a merciless bagfull of goals would be nice on the odd occasion. We ended going for a ride in a Ford Focus when we have a BMW M Sport in the garage, but needs must, and we should see it pay dividends against Wolves.

There was a terrific cameo by Luke Thomas, so as with Palmer, he probably will never start a match for Derby because he looks like he could a lot of what we are missing. Ledley, Pearce and Lawrence did well, abd Carson, with little to do all game, was there when it mattered. Great player.

I'm not sure we have a BMW M Sport. More like an unreliable Alfa Romeo.

11 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Just as your post mocked those not sharing your outlook. Glass houses mate, that's the point I was making. Couldn't care less what you think and wouldn't try and change your mind either :thumbsup:

Crikey. That's not mocking; it's stating my opinion, which you magnanimously allow me to have.

We all support the same team but sometimes it feels that criticism (which isnt exclusively negative or positive; it's just a concept of evaluation) is outlawed. 

No worries. See you all at Wembley.

And if we win, I'll provide a critique of how great we were.

8 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Crikey. That's not mocking; it's stating my opinion, which you magnanimously allow me to have.

We all support the same team but sometimes it feels that criticism (which isnt exclusively negative or positive; it's just a concept of evaluation) is outlawed. 

No worries. See you all at Wembley.

And if we win, I'll provide a critique of how great we were.

Will try and sort you a ticket next to Colin mate :D

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Great to get three points...

No reception where we are so can't comment on the game at all

How were we?

Pretty decent but it's hard to assess properly because we didn't really need to leave second gear, they were appalling. To put in perspective how bad they were, their fans acted like they had scored when they took their first shot in the second half, similar to us in 'that' prem season.

Carson and the back-line was good although Wisdom a little shaky at times and Baird struggled with Ameobi. Ledley and Huddlestone superb, Lawrence very good, Weimann tried hard but was a little ineffective. Vydra was good and Nugent played very well I thought, his movement and link-up was superb but his finishing was shocking, should have had two. Subs didn't do much but Luke Thomas looked bright for the small time he was on.

All in all a good win against a very poor side.

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I wasn’t quoting you...and happy for you to have a different view. And if you took enjoyment today that’s fine by me. I was just putting on record my lack of enjoyment from a lacklustre game against a League 1 standard side. 

I think we both watch the same game from the same perspective. Yes 3 points, yes a clean sheet, but I thought we laboured throughout. 

3 nil up and Im looking for the handbrake to be released and some flair and ambition. What I saw was safety first football, which I guess is understandable at this point of the season. 

I’m fed up of whenever we win people saying oh....but it was against a poor side.  It immediately takes away from our performance which should be what we focus on. There isn’t much between the teams in the championship, anyone can beat anyone as we found out last week, and recently we haven’t been able to beat teams near the bottom of the league.

Today we were back to our ruthless efficient best. Miserly in defence, clinical in attack. Fully deserving of a 3-0 win. All Bolton’s chances came when the game was already won and we still threw bodies in the way to ensure we didn’t concede. It was a performance more reminiscent of those before Christmas that took us to 2nd in the league. 

Was it scintillating, no but when has it been since in the past 3 seasons! I enjoyed a comfortable 3-0 win where we were fully in control. We play like that for the rest of the season, we’ll get in the playoffs and once in there, no one will want to play us.

10 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I think we both watch the same game from the same perspective. Yes 3 points, yes a clean sheet, but I thought we laboured throughout. 

3 nil up and Im looking for the handbrake to be released and some flair and ambition. What I saw was safety first football, which I guess is understandable at this point of the season. 

3-0 and still complaining 

2 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Pretty decent but it's hard to assess properly because we didn't really need to leave second gear, they were appalling. To put in perspective how bad they were, their fans acted like they had scored when they took their first shot in the second half, similar to us in 'that' prem season.

Carson and the back-line was good although Wisdom a little shaky at times and Baird struggled with Ameobi. Ledley and Huddlestone superb, Lawrence very good, Weimann tried hard but was a little ineffective. Vydra was good and Nugent played very well I thought, his movement and link-up was superb but his finishing was shocking, should have had two. Subs didn't do much but Luke Thomas looked bright for the small time he was on.

All in all a good win against a very poor side.

They did chear for there first shot but good on them they were taking the p**s I thought the Bolton fans were good humoured even when their team were awful 

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

3-0 and still complaining 

Correct. Ill support the team to the hilt at the game but it doesnt mean Im enjoying what Im watching. 

Different people look for different things from their football. Firstly, I look for entertainment, irrespective of results. Thats what took me to Pride Park in the first place.  

12 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Hope you do too mate, hope you take happy memories of your time over here back home with you. ? 

Well, just got back to the hotel  and still pumped. Here’s my take on a few things with my limited knowledge of football, I thought Davies was a rock at the back, Huddlestone must have been a sniper in another life, his passes were that good. Lawrence should paint his boots black if he’s going to play fancy with the ball just to give it to the opposition, orange boots make him look like a tool doing that. Also,who puts the sprinklers on 5 minutes before kickoff. Hasn’t the pitch had enough water lately? Thanks Derby for a day I won’t forget.

7 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Well, just got back to the hotel  and still pumped. Here’s my take on a few things with my limited knowledge of football, I thought Davies was a rock at the back, Huddlestone must have been a sniper in another life, his passes were that good. Lawrence should paint his boots black if he’s going to play fancy with the ball just to give it to the opposition, orange boots make him look like a tool doing that. Also,who puts the sprinklers on 5 minutes before kickoff. Hasn’t the pitch had enough water lately? Thanks Derby for a day I won’t forget.

Glad you enjoyed the match fella. Given the run of form we've been on you've proved something of a lucky mascot. You might find us having a whip round to buy you a ticket back here for the play-off final should we get there!

Safe journey home mate :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

So pleased you enjoyed the game, and we got the 3 points, and also scored some good goals and played some good stuff, hope you will be visiting pride park again in the future, wear your  Derby colours with pride when you back back home. Once a Ram always a Ram.

24 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

I hope it was a good day for you. Sprinklers make the ground soft. It doesn't hold water very well at this time of year. 

8 hours ago, Chilwellram said:

Trust me to be missing this one whilst having a pint of Keo in sunny Paphos 

Went to paphos last summer and loved it. Went to best restaurant ever too, 7 st georges or something similar. Let me know if you want me to find out the actual details.

Archived