walker

bird

pearce

Only pick 5 subs. 

The revolution will be televised

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the others, Baird is a must at left back. I don’t want to see Johnson,Thorne, Forsyth or Lawrence start another game this season. Huddlestone, Ledley, Wisdom(at rb) and Palmer to come in for me.

Nugent and Jerome is a toss up as they are both as bad as each other at the moment.

18 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Never started a match day thread in my years of being on this forum so hopefully that's where we are going wrong and fingers crossed our luck changes. 

12.45 kick off (on sky again ) Monday 2/1/18  

Fair few changes required for me , maybe even a change in shape. Back 3 ? 

Let's keep the faith with Rowett and bring back a vital 3 points. I'm going to go wild and go for a line up a bit like this. 

Carson 

Wisdom.  Keogh.  Davies 

Anya.       Huddlestone. Ledley.  Johnson 

Vydra.               Palmer 

Nugent 

Thinking we need to roll the dice and try something new to surprise our opponents and sweep all before us going into the playoffs as the form team, I decided on a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1. Then I came on here to post in the matchday thread, only to see you began it with the exact team I was thinking of.

What @Ambitious says about dropping Keogh to show no one is undropable has some sense, so Baird or Pearce could go in there. But I do believe Keogh is quality and the way he can carry the ball forward is immense, so I think I'd give him first chance in the new three-at-the-back setup.

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thinking we need to roll the dice and try something new to surprise our opponents and sweep all before us going into the playoffs as the form team, I decided on a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1. Then I came on here to post in the matchday thread, only to see you began it with the exact team I was thinking of.

What @Ambitious says about dropping Keogh to show no one is undropable has some sense, so Baird or Pearce could go in there. But I do believe Keogh is quality and the way he can carry the ball forward is immense, so I think I'd give him first chance in the new three-at-the-back setup.

Great minds and all that. I don't think we will see it , has Rowett ever played a back 3 any where he's been ? 

Been periodically advocating 3-5-2 for a while as it provides a possible solution to 2 of our biggest problems, that is. ...

- we don't have powerful enough midfielders for a 2 as they're developed in a 433. 

- 1 up top is too isolated and the one thing I remember pearson saying that made sense was that the most successful teams historically played 2 up front. 

If we have the personnel to make 3 at the back work or at least close enough to take a risk then we should give it a go imo. 

About 1600 sold for this , looking forward to it personally as I've never been to Preston , getting the 8.00 am train from Alfreton , I think a steady 6 cans for the train journey up there . Any recommendations for a pre match pint ? Tuesdays going to be a long day at work .

22 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

About 1600 sold for this , looking forward to it personally as I've never been to Preston , getting the 8.00 am train from Alfreton , I think a steady 6 cans for the train journey up there . Any recommendations for a pre match pint ? Tuesdays going to be a long day at work .

22 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Been to Preston 4 times before a good away day, nearest pub to the ground for away fans is a social club, there's a pub opposite the train station with a pool table and decent enough beer, also last time I went I just called into a few pubs in the city centre. Have a good day and hope we put in a good performance, and get the 3 points.

Cannot see Gary making any changes formation wise 

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh Davies Baird

Huddlestone  Ledley

Weimann.  Vydra. Johnson

Nugent

SUBS

Roos

Lawrence

Jerome

Pearce

Palmer

Anya

Thorne.

Going for a 2-0 victory.....

10 hours ago, Gritters said:

A bit of travel advice. It looks like there could be a bit of snow so I would avoid Buxton and the Cat & Fiddle route if travelling by car. I think the best route will be A50 M6 which is a bit awkward for us North Derbyshire fans.

Arriving in Lytham tomorrow lunchtime.....relaxing day planned with plenty of good ale being consumed.

Feeling unenthusiastic about Monday. Do we have any youngsters who could step up to the mark?  I cant help but feel that even one under 23 might just give this side some kind of kick up the ass. Please please no Forsyth. Palmer must start, if only to see some chuffing entertainment!!! Fecking p@@ssed off and bored with our current squad. Will give em my full support on Monday though...always do.

Back to Lytham after the match for more beer then back home Tuesday.

22 minutes ago, wingfieldram said:

Arriving in Lytham tomorrow lunchtime.....relaxing day planned with plenty of good ale being consumed.

Feeling unenthusiastic about Monday. Do we have any youngsters who could step up to the mark?  I cant help but feel that even one under 23 might just give this side some kind of kick up the ass. Please please no Forsyth. Palmer must start, if only to see some chuffing entertainment!!! Fecking p@@ssed off and bored with our current squad. Will give em my full support on Monday though...always do.

Back to Lytham after the match for more beer then back home Tuesday.

Good choice. Lytham is a far better place than Blackpool. :thumbsup:

I'd love to think Rowett will just throw Under-23's into the side because if they can't get in a side as bad as this, there is no hope. But let's face it, he's not somebody who has given any youth a chance. He chose to loan out Elsnik, Guy, Lowe, Zanzala and get rid of Rawson, so that he could bring in massively overpaid, bang-average players. I think the most radical adjustments we can expect to see would be something like

Carson
Wisdom
Keogh
Davies
Olsson (is he fit)
Huddlestone
Ledley
Weimann
Vydra
Lawrence
Nugent

We've got a problem with progressing youth through to the first team and have done since Hendrick, Hughes and O'Brien came through. What hope must they have if they're sat in the stands watching us getting battered week in, week out and can't get anywhere near the side? Surely none of them aspire to be a Jerome or a Forsyth?   

Archived