Preston North End V Derby County

RiddingsRam

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Think I’d rather spend the day in Preston not watching the game than actually go to the game.... and there’s **** all in Preston 

Oh P-reston!

Is wonderful!

Oh P-reston is wonderful,

It's full of ****, ***** and North End,

Oh P-reston is wonderful.

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth   

Huddlestone ledley 

wieman Vydra Thomas 

Nugent 

olson is no improvement on Forsyth and Lawrence just doesn’t try so give Thomas a shot at it and put some energy on the pitch, Palmer just isn’t fit enough to start 

Not sure if Olsson is available but FWIW:

Carson

Wisdom Davies Keogh Baird

Weimann Hudds Ledley Thomas

Palmer

Vydra

Subs: Roos Nugent Johnson Jerome Lawrence Walker Pearce.

I haven't even seen Thomas play but throw him in just for sheer unpredictability and some effin entertainment. 

I only listened to the game on Friday, so I’m not as angry with some of the players as some of you who watched the game in the flesh/on Telly.

Theres a lot of ill will on here towards Forsyth, Thorne, Johnson and Lawrence. The main culprits of the poor performance on Friday..?

But whereas Thorne and Forsyth have been long standing servants of the club, blighted by injury, they have both had seasons or half seasons where they’ve been amazing. Couldn’t have put a foot wrong.

Bradley Johnson I’ve always felt was bought wrongly, played out of position but kinda given his all...

But Lawrence? What has he actiually done of note his season? How much did we pay? £5 million? Or was it £7mil?

The other 3, for me have a stay of execution based on previous performances, but Lawrence? Pah! Done!

Word of warning for those travelling by train via Crewe tomorrow.
It’s Crewe v Port Vale at 3.00pm and Vale have sold 2,200 tickets. A good number of Vale may well go via train so Crewe could be a bit busy with a big Police presence. Train back to Derby could be lively. 

We were planning on staying in Preston a while and getting the 17.17 back that arrived in Crewe at 18:00. Hopefully, Crewe will be a little quieter by then. Might be best to avoid the 16:17 Preston to Crewe otherwise you’re going to arrive in Crewe in the middle of the madness.

For train tickets don’t buy a return from Derby to Preston. Save yourself £15 or so by buying a Derby to Crewe return, and a separate Crewe to Preston return. 

13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth   

Huddlestone ledley 

wieman Vydra Thomas 

Nugent 

olson is no improvement on Forsyth and Lawrence just doesn’t try so give Thomas a shot at it and put some energy on the pitch, Palmer just isn’t fit enough to start 

Can’t believe anyone would start Forsyth. I’d have Baird, Anya, Wisdom, Ollson, every other wide defender down to the u12s, Rowett himself and Forsyth’s mum in before him after Friday. Simply cant play him again. 

Carson

Wisdom      Keogh            Davies      Anya

Huddlestone        Ledley

Palmer        Vydra     Johnson

Nugent

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson

Ledley  Huddlestone 

Weimann       Vydra          Anya

Nugent

Forsyth cant start again he was culpable for much of the trouble on friday. Preston have been in formidable form and apparently were unlucky to lose last time out. They are good at deepdale as well so a point is about all i can hope for a 1-0 smash and grab would be better.

Also another point is we should have at least 1 winger on the bench. On Friday there was no one else to replace Lawrence.

Archived