Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

41 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Dedication is this from an Aberdeenshire Ram!

campavanram you should have gone to Rotherham away with the rest of the clan. 6 goals and Half Man Half Biscuit live in Holmfirth!...

On your way back up, I'll leave the shovel in the front drive, your welcome to clean my drive and the rest of Inverurie if ya like!

It’s all that parrots fault I proclaim nananana nananana nana.......?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

I think we all know, deep down, that the game should have been played. For whatever reason it wasn't.

It makes it harder for us and harder for you. Nothing worse than games getting crammed together.

I just feel for the Cardiff fans that travelled. Such a late call, which could have been made yesterday. Pitch is fine, stands are fine, surrounding area's fine but apparently some fan couldn't make it from Orkney.....Game Off.

To be fair we couldn’t get from Sheffield and my brother couldn’t get from Northampton.

But the priority in the decision is the safety of people and surely if 3000 Cardiff fans are coming a decision should be made before they set off.

If it was me I would understand the decision but be pissed off it took so long.

If I thought we had managed to call it off for nefarious reasons i'd be as mad as the cardiff fans.......you have to play on,whatever your injury 'woes' or excuses.

BUT....we didnt.......the road conditions,at the time the postponement was called,were dreadful and were expected to get worse.

I wouldn't have attempted the journey,put it that way and I had booked a day off work to watch it.

If the match had been at 245pm it would have gone ahead as the conditions had unexpectedly improved.....

The only ones to blame here are sky and the sky!

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Totally 100% agree and add to that the one person that you do not want to be p1ssing off when you need every point you can get is Neil Warnock. 

I was confident we would get 3 points today, but not now, whenever they re arrrange this game they will be even more fired up for it. 

Yours sincerely,

Muespach Ram

5726D683-E295-4019-9C6B-7738DF92C40D.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Come on this advice is terrible, if Chris Martin isn’t in there ploughing they’ll just be lumping the snow forward, he’s the only solution 

Do you think I would have emailed the CAA and East Midlands Airport without taking this into consideration? I've got Mac in on the sidelines, hasn't got a lot on these days, would be happy to help out. People really will be going places this time.

ploughmac.png

6 minutes ago, David said:

Do you think I would have emailed the CAA and East Midlands Airport without taking this into consideration? I've got Mac in on the sidelines, hasn't got a lot on these days, would be happy to help out. People really will be going places this time.

ploughmac.png

Can be a derby plough, wheels are still on

22 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Blimey - some right tin foil hat merchants on here (and some others who just oddly find gratification in finding negatives about the club - really odd).  

Trying to compare and contrast every sporting event in the country and wondering how they did/didn't manage to get their games on is an irrelevance.  I would have thought that the biggest determining factors in today's match were the distance Cardiff fans were coming and not wanting them to get too far before calling the game off (3.5 hours notice isn't bad); the limited amount of time before the kick-off to let things thaw, the state of the roads in areas approaching Derby (I know many can't believe that some people outside Derby might want to go to the match), the state of the Pride Park area itself and the forecast (which seems to change every five minutes).  Really easy for everybody sitting at home to make the decision to keep the match on (particularly those who don't live in the county or even the country) but I would imagine for those whose decision it actually was, it wouldn't have been easy.  I don't suppose they all had up to the minute weather or road reports from every postcode where fans might be coming from or were on the phone checking with Wigan to see if they were OK.  I imagine they don't make such decisions on the basis that my mate Dave found it easy to get here from Lapland, so it must be OK then.  I would imagine that they were faced with some reports coming in that parts of Derbyshire were very dodgy, that the police were suggesting people don't travel, that - it being a Sunday - there might be fewer people out and about clearing the roads 'naturally' and they really didn't want a situation where keeping the match on might have led to people travelling quite a long way and having unforeseen difficulties.  This is just guesswork on my part as I wasn't there, but rather than jump to conclusions about the club being underhand, or the decision being a disgrace or a shambles, I prefer to think that perhaps - just perhaps - some people had to make a very difficult decision and aired on the side of caution.  God forbid. 

you are another one who talks far to much sense for this forum!

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Given we have Warnock going on national television accusing us of all sorts, getting battered all over social media, the club "declining to comment" looks very poor. 

I live within 3 miles of the stadium and the surrounding roads are fine.

Well that’s alright then. I live 10 miles away and wouldn’t have got out to a main road. No buses, no gritter until 13:00 either. 

14 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Leicester game is on. 

I was checking the weather radar regularly yesterday, from around 5:00 pm through until I went to bed. There seemed to be hardly any snow showers coming through south of Loughborough.

Regarding the BBC's weather forecast indicating heavy snow this afternoon, the current radar picture doesn't indicate that will happen at all.

Archived