Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

8 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

I think we all know, deep down, that the game should have been played. For whatever reason it wasn't.

It makes it harder for us and harder for you. Nothing worse than games getting crammed together.

I just feel for the Cardiff fans that travelled. Such a late call, which could have been made yesterday. Pitch is fine, stands are fine, surrounding area's fine but apparently some fan couldn't make it from Orkney.....Game Off.

I think if you want people to understand your situation, in which most are, I think you should try have some understanding for ours as well?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

I think we all know, deep down, that the game should have been played. For whatever reason it wasn't.

It makes it harder for us and harder for you. Nothing worse than games getting crammed together.

I just feel for the Cardiff fans that travelled. Such a late call, which could have been made yesterday. Pitch is fine, stands are fine, surrounding area's fine but apparently some fan couldn't make it from Orkney.....Game Off.

No, we don't. YOU believe that, not all of us hold the same viewpoint, so don't push your viewpoints on to me. Just because Neil Warnock had an incredibly stupid rant doesn't change things, the surrounding areas are clearly not fine, are they? Derbyshire police advising people not to travel unless necessary doesn't imply it's fine. 

Cardiff and their fans have been a disgrace online, accusing all kind of things of Derby. Joke club.

18 minutes ago, IamDeathside said:

Embarrassing to call it off. My mate came up from London for the match, so a ton thrown away on train tickets there and we are currently sat in the dolphin having travelled in without any difficulty from Hathersage. We had to come in as said mate will be on the train from Derby. Not chuffed to be fair, whatever the reason. But in our experience today, it wasn't related to the weather.

People were in the Neptune pub from 6am.

I don’t think it’s all about the football sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I shouldn't be surprised by anything around football fans any more.

But I am surprised that people really think that such a decision was taken because the squad has injuries. I always thought Colin, as much as I don't like him, was quite an intelligent man too, and even he's fallen for it. I refuse to believe Derby would be so stupid to risk what would probably be quite a severe punishment for effectively throwing a game.

Clowns to the left, jokers to the right.. it's quite funny watching everyone's knickers getting in a twist. Not just Cardiff, but Forest fans too.

I'm quite surprised by the reaction. Not only has it been snowing through the night, but it was also forecast to have heavy snow in Derby throughout the game and for a few hours following

79bff1e26f419f4c3d5993f3932ac061.png

Then there's conditions like this around Derbyshire

And there were a fair few road closures as well

5ebcd888b5948df7e9e4279a96c2eaca.png

6 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

You’re doing some moaning lad for saying you didn’t even plan on travelling ?

Blimey - some right tin foil hat merchants on here (and some others who just oddly find gratification in finding negatives about the club - really odd).  

Trying to compare and contrast every sporting event in the country and wondering how they did/didn't manage to get their games on is an irrelevance.  I would have thought that the biggest determining factors in today's match were the distance Cardiff fans were coming and not wanting them to get too far before calling the game off (3.5 hours notice isn't bad); the limited amount of time before the kick-off to let things thaw, the state of the roads in areas approaching Derby (I know many can't believe that some people outside Derby might want to go to the match), the state of the Pride Park area itself and the forecast (which seems to change every five minutes).  Really easy for everybody sitting at home to make the decision to keep the match on (particularly those who don't live in the county or even the country) but I would imagine for those whose decision it actually was, it wouldn't have been easy.  I don't suppose they all had up to the minute weather or road reports from every postcode where fans might be coming from or were on the phone checking with Wigan to see if they were OK.  I imagine they don't make such decisions on the basis that my mate Dave found it easy to get here from Lapland, so it must be OK then.  I would imagine that they were faced with some reports coming in that parts of Derbyshire were very dodgy, that the police were suggesting people don't travel, that - it being a Sunday - there might be fewer people out and about clearing the roads 'naturally' and they really didn't want a situation where keeping the match on might have led to people travelling quite a long way and having unforeseen difficulties.  This is just guesswork on my part as I wasn't there, but rather than jump to conclusions about the club being underhand, or the decision being a disgrace or a shambles, I prefer to think that perhaps - just perhaps - some people had to make a very difficult decision and aired on the side of caution.  God forbid. 

5 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Why is today's game any different to any games that got called off yesterday? 

Have you carried out a full inspection of the ground and surrounding areas? 

Have you been taking calls from our stewards who may have been struggling to get to the ground?

If not, I'm not really sure how you are qualified to reach you're conclusion.

10 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Totally wrong. The right decision was made. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No, we don't. YOU believe that, not all of us hold the same viewpoint, so don't push your viewpoints on to me. Just because Neil Warnock had an incredible stupid rant doesn't change things, the surrounding areas are clearly not fine, are they? Derbyshire police advising people not to travel unless necessary doesn't imply it's fine. 

Cardiff and their fans have been a disgrace online, accusing all kind of things of Derby. Joke club.

I'm so happy that YOU are not trying to push YOUR viewpoint on me. Thanks.

My point is that a call should have been made on Saturday, not Sunday morning. Wasted time, wasted money and wasted emotion by both Cardiff fans and also your own.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You’re doing some moaning lad for saying you didn’t even plan on travelling ?

Quite funny that a football club, who needed for a football reason are accusing the other club of not playing for a football reason.

Sometimes **** happens and you’ve got to accept you can’t do anything about it...it goes beyond anything to do with football 

Just now, Bluebird1 said:

My point is that a call should have been made on Saturday, not Sunday morning. Wasted time, wasted money and wasted emotion by both Cardiff fans and also your own.

How could it have been made on Saturday?

How can the call be made earlier it’s not possible . Warnock would have been annoying anyway. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well one good thing to come from today is that it has given the forum to show that it's not just running and managing a football club that we excel in but we also do a sideline as weathermen and health & safety consultants! 

I have already emailed both the CAA and East Midlands Airport this morning some tactical advice with new snow plough formations to try out, to have the runway shut for 5 hours this morning due to the weather is unacceptable.

A 3-4-3 formation would allow the ploughs to cover the centre line of the runway effectively clearly snow from the most used areas of the runway whilst providing some width. 

I would like the ploughs to put their foot down, keep the tempo up and attack the runway on the front foot.

Hindsight is 20/20. Perhaps we didn't think the snow would be as heavy as it was. Perhaps we thought the roads would be more clear, who knows. If we called it off and the snow hadn't settled then Warnock would be even more angry. Just not sure why Cardiff fans are accusing Derby of being unsportsmanlike and breaking the rules, without any evidence or any clue really. 

1 minute ago, David said:

I have already emailed both the CAA and East Midlands Airport this morning some tactical advice with new snow plough formations to try out, to have the runway shut for 5 hours this morning due to the weather is unacceptable.

A 3-4-3 formation would allow the ploughs to cover the centre line of the runway effectively clearly snow from the most used areas of the runway whilst providing some width. 

I would like the ploughs to put their foot down, keep the tempo up and attack the runway on the front foot.

Come on this advice is terrible, if Chris Martin isn’t in there ploughing they’ll just be lumping the snow forward, he’s the only solution 

18 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Totally 100% agree and add to that the one person that you do not want to be p1ssing off when you need every point you can get is Neil Warnock. 

I was confident we would get 3 points today, but not now, whenever they re arrrange this game they will be even more fired up for it. 

Archived