Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I forgot that Derby County controls the snow ploughs and gritters in Derbyshire and ensures all roads are clear? Oh yes, that's right. They don't. How is this relevant at all? The pitch was playable, the roads were unsafe. What has this got to do with Derby? More likely it reflects badly on councils for not putting grit down/clearing roads. Ridiculous comment.

Derbyshire has had the worst of the snow ... And the 12 noon kick off didn't help. It was really bad last night seems to be a lot better now but they had to make the decision when they did if not sooner. it was the right decision at the time even if it looks a bit soft now in hindsight. 

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Brace yersen Warnock.

We’ll send our big lads to sort you out if you keep mouthing off.

(just need to get them fit first)

x

37 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I wouldn't bother David it appears we have a hardcore of 'supporters' who can't wait to blame the club no matter the circumstances.  Not sure why they think they are Derby supporters but I suppose we are stuck with them until they find a better club to support

Couldn't agree more The can't find it in there warped thinking to even say even slightest positive thing about either Mel or Rowett  How the suck anybody with a brain could blame the postponement on any thing but the weather is beyond me 

47 minutes ago, David said:

Well this pretty much puts the decision to postpone to bed, the club are exonerated and Warnock’s been made to look like a mischief maker. (what was he even doing at the ground when the game was called off first thing in the morning ?)

I must own up to being sympathetic to his case but that was before I was made aware by the tweet above, the bit where it says “The decision to postpone this afternoons fixture between Derby County and Cardiff City was made first thing this morning”

Warnock certainly gave me the impression he and his team had travelled to the ground unaware of the decision, the above tweet implies that is not the case. 

I wonder if Sky asked him to attend the ground for an interview as they would have been aggrieved the game was called of as well. ? 

34 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hardly by suggesting we can influence the council 

I’ll reserve judgment on that one until I see it reported....given the nature of what you say he said, I’m surprised it doesn’t appear anywhere else ???

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Well that’s alright then. I live 10 miles away and wouldn’t have got out to a main road. No buses, no gritter until 13:00 either. 

You're missing the point. It's not whether the game was called on or off, it's the way dcfc have communicated the message and the subsequent fallout/criticism. Which has been, in my opinion of course, non existent and poor. 

6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Can’t wait to hear what Gaz has to say about Warnock shooting his mouth of.

This has been more entertaining than the game would have been already.

I’ll guess

”No reason to head down because we were all informed the game was postponed at 8.30am”

”Nice to see Neil went down and got his photo op in front of the sky cameras”

9 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Can’t wait to hear what Gaz has to say about Warnock shooting his mouth of.

This has been more entertaining than the game would have been already.

He shouldn't say anything - everyone's used to Warnock spouting about anything and everything which doesn't meet with his own arrogant opinion. The thing is he has the media fawning over him which just makes him worse - shame because his record suggests he's more than a half decent manager, particularly at Championship level.

49 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Couldn't agree more The can't find it in there warped thinking to even say even slightest positive thing about either Mel or Rowett  How the suck anybody with a brain could blame the postponement on any thing but the weather is beyond me 

I recognise that I may be more sensitive to this sort of thing than some.  I left UK in 1982 so you can imagine how much stick I have taken from glory hunters over the years.  I'd like to think have held my own not more so than the 11 point debacle.  The one place I would hope to find a first assumption supporting the club would be on our fan site.  I don't expect blind allegiance but the idea that opposing fans are coming on here and getting immediate support before all the facts are known beggars belief.  I bet some of these negative comments have been requoted on their sites to justify their anger.  If it turned out that we hadn't followed established procedure I would have been very critical of the club but that doesn't appear to be the case.  Ah well its only football COYR

24 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

You're missing the point. It's not whether the game was called on or off, it's the way dcfc have communicated the message and the subsequent fallout/criticism. Which has been, in my opinion of course, non existent and poor. 

When the game was called off at 8.30 this morning Cardiff were informed also the media including the reason why.Why then should they have to put out more statements.

The Cardiff team did not have to go too the ground it was just for Warnock to get his mug on tv.I actually think he is a decent manager but cannot help himself being a knob when there is a microphone about.

Because we have injury problems Cardiff fans think the postponement was rigged and kicked off.They do not know the process taken is not just a club decision at any club and has to be cleared by the efl.

Derby County have acted totally professionally in the circumstances,a consultation took place,decision made,opposition and public informed the correct procedure.

There is no need for anything else.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Love the Catchems,  cracking pint of Pedi :D

Not bad when playing away and can’t get either, although went to Tall Chimmneys for Forest game, can have food and watch the game at same time :thumbsup:

Archived