Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Agreed, what I’m saying is that he is normal is more focussed on his own club and ensuring the best outcome for them rather than anything else.

Personally when it comes to safety of putting on events the thought has to go beyond your own club and have a level of understanding as to why rather than play up to the media about it

I live in a very hilly part of Nottingham. I couldn’t have made it. Roads were terrible here. I am 15 miles or so from Derby. I cannot make mid week matches from early April as I have a baby due on the 2nd and have one toddler already.  Cannot leave the wife with putting one to bed and a new born.  So while I am glad it has been called off as it would have been dangerous for me to attempt to make it, the rearranged game I cannot make either.

13 minutes ago, GadFly said:

How come Wigan can get their game on? I thought our stadium was supposed to be state of the art. Embarrassing. 

What's really embarrassing is that some people actually think a game can only be called off if the problem is at the ground.

Warnocks been around the block and he knows what this postponement means. It will mean the first available date that both clubs have,  this game will be pencilled in for. That would be 17th April. This would mean that Cardiff will have 5 games in 15 days with us being the last one of them. It also means that they have 3 away games on the bounce so will be traveling to villa and Norwich then us. This would also mean that the 3k support that was due here today would probably be less than 500. And just to make it worse it might mean we have a fully fit squad to pick from. 

Thats why he’s gone off on one because he wants this rearranged game a week later for the 24th April giving his players a full weeks rest. 

1 minute ago, Russell Ram said:

I live in a very hilly part of Nottingham. I couldn’t have made it. Roads were terrible here. I am 15 miles or so from Derby. I cannot make mid week matches from early April as I have a baby due on the 2nd and haveone toddler already.  Cannot leave the wife with putting one to bed and a new born.  So while I am glad it has been called off as it would have been dangerous for me to attempt to make it, the rearranged game I cannot make either.

Take the whole family...3.5 or 4.

24 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not really, there he would be accusing an official of influencing a result.  All he has done is voiced his opinion that we haven’t done everything we could have done to let the game take place, even saying he can’t blame us.  

Given the amount of hot air emanating from Warnock's direction at the best of times, and given the fact that he and the Cardiff team travelled up yesterday, I'm very surprised that the snow didn't fall as rain in this area.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Fair comment,a decision should have been made before the fans set off.

Not always possible I've been in the same predicament a few times following Derby away Cardiff being one for a waterlogged pitch 

As Rowett would put it, Owd Colin’s a ****house. 

I really hope his comments get him into some deep water, he’s essentially accused the club of deliberately and deceitfully postponing the game because of injuries.

If the EFL do investigate this and are happy with the clubs decision, I’d go after him guns blazing.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, because if the rules were clear everyone would know where they stand.

As it is, fans have absolutely no idea when the decision will be made. 

It really is as simple that the decision should be made before any fan in this country is travelling to the match.

I will take that with a hell of a pinch of salt myself to be honest..... I’d as go as far to say uproar would occur.

20 minutes ago, GadFly said:

How come Wigan can get their game on? I thought our stadium was supposed to be state of the art. Embarrassing. 

Nowhere near as bad weather up here in the North West

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Also Warnock pointing out that the Sheff U game was on yesterday, two weeks ago they called it off on the Friday when the stadium and roads around it were fine. I live in walking distance of Bramall Lane and they didn’t even try. That’s possibly why they did all they could to get yesterday on.

I also live close to Bramall Lane. We didn't have any snow here really when Sheffield United played, it was pretty much clear!

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Given the amount of hot air emanating from Warnock's direction at the best of times, and given the fact that he and the Cardiff team travelled up yesterday, I'm very surprised that the snow didn't fall as rain in this area.

As much **** he comes out with you can’t argue with his credentials as a manager, taking a team from 23rd in the league to sittting 2nd in the league with a handful of games remaining shows the job he has done.

Still maybe it would have been more acceptable if he had talked about what type of footwear was suitable for the occasion ?

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

There was no way the game should have gone ahead.  

100 percent correct decision on safety ground alone to postpone the game. 

Gary! You’ll blow your cover, don’t lay it on too thick!!

Archived