Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Well think we kind of won on points as they were garbage even with more players.

Positives : We were best team on the pitch, defensively gave them little encouragement, created enough chances to win and probably on the balance of play should have.

Negatives: we need to find that cutting edge, better second half still didn’t create any real clear cut chances, trying to forget the Weimann embarrassing air shot.

Further positive, gumps miss out on the B.C cup final trophy ;)

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

How crap must Forest be to not at any point look like threatening our goal?

We had half a team out there who are genuinely crap footballers.

Weimann works hard, gets in the right positions but just can’t hit a ball properly.

Anya offers nothing, absolutely nothing. Lawrence is greedy and crap, a horrible combination.

BJ can’t pass a ball to save hia life. His only contribution is to be a body in the middle and press, usually giving fouls away.

Nugent poor. Forsyth rubbish on the ball.

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies and Hudds were our only outfield players who didn’t treat the ball like a hot potato.

Kasey Palmer probably isn’t that good, but he actually looked world class with the ball at his feet compared to the rest.

We’re a one-man attacking team with Vydra, and when he’s not firing, we don’t ever look like scoring.

Anya did nothing he did more wide left than Lawrence has done in his last 10 games in that position 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Special word for our brilliant centre backs. Especially Davies, who bailed Forsyth out more times than I can count. Can’t remember the last time Foz had a good game to be honest 

Spot on, the amount of times Davies put in a last ditch tackle to stop a cross at the lb position was far to much. 

Forsyths postional awareness is poor, although I will say in the first half going forward he was a threat. 

Just now, 1of4 said:

Not even a foul, in the first half Lawrence got booked for diving from a similar challenge.

The difference being I saw contact from Huddlestone. In the first half I didn't see any contact on Lawrence. TBF Lawrence was unlucky I think because I think he dived to avoid getting injured.

Weirdly positives after the match. I’ve probably watched a different match to some because I think most players did well. The result is poor but some good effort and play today- Weimann some solid tracking back and good runs, Lawrence involved a lot, Forsyth always got a mistake in him but solid first half. Wisdom solid. Johnson and Huddlestone got stuck in well, sending off unfair. Palmer looked dangerous, defence good. Forest looked good defensively though and we were unlucky not to score. Missed Vydra today.

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Special word for our brilliant centre backs. Especially Davies, who bailed Forsyth out more times than I can count. Can’t remember the last time Foz had a good game to be honest 

He was ok first half but shocking early 2 nd half especially. 

Better games were played on the park today. 

Kick and chase. Well unless you're Weimann. Then it's miss and chase.

All that diving and limping and rolling around. Thought it was Barcelona v Real Madrid. Especially in the 81st minute when the ball touched the grass for a second.

A few random points

Although it’s not his position, think we look a better competing side with Johnson in. I know he’s a bit ‘marmite’ and I can’t quite but my finger on it, but I think we miss him when not in the side.

Hope Hanson gets a go now, the deep midfielders we play will suit him. I don’t think he’s done that much wrong to be on the fringes like he is in all honesty.

Lawrence looks much better in that no.10 role. Terrible decision on the booking, he slowly faded out after but would look at that again.

Palmer is class.

Wisdom was on cruise control, maybe my man of the match 

Archived