Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we were ok today, Carson could of had a  “naughty film” marathon on his iPad the amount he had to do in goal.

Game changed when Palmer came on, thought Jerome did well too.....

MOM Bradley Johnson, played well containing in middle of the park. Tom Lawerence swaggered and played well too.

Value the point 

Sith Happens
Just now, Harrowram said:

He has a big chunk of the squad out on loan! Bryson, Butterfield, Bent, Martin, Shackell, Blackman. Is he not able to recall any of them or has he forgotten about them?

He is not able to recall them.

Forest didn't do us over then like many were predicting, must admit I thought they may have had more than the 0 shots on target, Carson could have brought his hammock, shirt won't need washing for Cardiff.

Not a great advertisement for Championship football, true, these games rarely are, saying that was great to see the players up for it and getting stuck in, Lawrence in particular put himself about a bit even if it was a bit daft at times. 

In fairness to the ref, other than the red I don't think he got a lot wrong, wasn't quick to get his cards out where on another day you could have seen 5/6 bookings early on.

Main disappointment was Palmer, if he was one of the 9 players that were training this week it's difficult to understand why he didn't start, turned the game around just as Forest were starting to get on top. Stuck a draw in my mini acca, couldn't see us losing even at 1.30pm. Cashed out 5 minutes after Palmer came on, looks so good on the ball, so light on his feet, glides past players with ease.

Hard not to imagine him cutting through them with ease had he been on the pitch from the start, if he did have a niggle or not fully match fit I can understand not wanting to risk him, need to get him playing more though looks a cracking player.

Overall, given the injuries, the sending off, I don't think we can grumble too much at a point, yes we need to start winning games but positives to be taken from today, we need to see a similar hearty performance next week which without Huddlestone will be a big task, need to also find that bit of quality at the other end to see one or two go in.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Not a chance that was a yellow card, the ref was useless, enjoyed our manager showing passion at  the end, also giving the Forest fans loads of stick.

Don't agree the ref was useless although I was worried when the Sky bloke said he'd dished out 3 red cards in his last 3 matches - kept his run going with the one dreadful mistake he made in the afternoon. As howlers go it was a belter.

I'm not going to waste my time reading the negative ####e above, a great point, a good performance, hungry and passionate players with a passionate manager and passionate fans, I don't care where Forest are in the league. Their new manager is making them hard to beat, just like us, he said after the game we are a top team in this league and I was thinking during the game exactly what Curtis Davis said after the game, when questioned by Sky TV, he wasn't here in the past and he doesn't care about the past, we are in a similar position to where Hull City where, when they turned us over and won promotion. We had the best chances, and I'm proud of our performance and I'm happy with the point. I spotted a friend in the crowd, I took his photo and will send it on. 

I also thought the ref had a great game and kept it flowing and unfortunately for us we where on the receiving end with Tom Huddlestone's red, but he could have easily dished that red out to Lawrence, Johnston, or Forsyth a lot earlier.

I though Anya played well and tracked back and worked hard and showed the right spirit.

Time to nip out for a few beers as we are going places, and I'm ready to enjoy the business end of the season, where our mighty Rams will push us all the way.

Have a tune. Safe journey home. Up The Rams. Say Hello to Derby County, not goodbye!

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Thought we were ok today, Carson could of had a “naughty film” marathon on his iPad the amount he had to do in goal.

Game changed when Palmer came on, thought Jerome did well too.....

MOM Bradley Johnson, played well containing in middle of the park. Tom Lawerence swaggered and played well too.

Value the point 

Good Lord

TobyWanKenobi
48 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Another who needs to calm down

Clearly inaccurate  and without a shred of logic or common sense

Like it or not, you cannot be described as a Derby 'fan'

No true scotsman would every say such thing, eh?

51 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

How crap must Forest be to not at any point look like threatening our goal?

We had half a team out there who are genuinely crap footballers.

Weimann works hard, gets in the right positions but just can’t hit a ball properly.

Anya offers nothing, absolutely nothing. Lawrence is greedy and crap, a horrible combination.

BJ can’t pass a ball to save hia life. His only contribution is to be a body in the middle and press, usually giving fouls away.

Nugent poor. Forsyth rubbish on the ball.

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies and Hudds were our only outfield players who didn’t treat the ball like a hot potato.

Kasey Palmer probably isn’t that good, but he actually looked world class with the ball at his feet compared to the rest.

We’re a one-man attacking team with Vydra, and when he’s not firing, we don’t ever look like scoring.

We are so one dimensional. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It was (at least) the fourth time Huddlestone had 'fouled' Tomlin, the 3rd head got him a booking, so no surprise to see a 2nd yellow tbh.

Thought it was very harsh. Just a coming together. At least we got a point but losing Huddlestone could be a problem.

Archived