Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

My main concern with the red card was that Tomlin had beaten Huddlestone for pace.

Don't think he beat him for pace - more a case that he rolled Huddlestone.  Helps when you're as round as Tomlin

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Carson - nothing to do 

Wisdom - did nothing wrong 

Keogh - did nothing wrong 

Davies - did nothing wrong 

forsyth- did little wrong

huddlestone - our only passing midfielder now missing for two games

johnson. - not terrible 

Lawrence- greedy when well placed we need more

anya - what’s the point?

wieman - our most dangerous player sadly missed a great late chance

nugent. - no shots that I saw 

subs Jerome - looks better as a sub I must say

palmer - starts brightly then slowly disappears a bit 

Hanson - not much to do - but he will have it seems 

red dogs - for a home team they were shocking with virtually no attacking intent 

another game gone without us completing a double 

You have spelled 'absolutely' incorrectly. 

that 2nd yellow must have been given from the assistant, the ref wasnt gonna blow up at all first.

disappointed that we couldn't finish any of our chances, but glad that our back four could neutralise basically anything they thrw at us

How crap must Forest be to not at any point look like threatening our goal?

We had half a team out there who are genuinely crap footballers.

Weimann works hard, gets in the right positions but just can’t hit a ball properly.

Anya offers nothing, absolutely nothing. Lawrence is greedy and crap, a horrible combination.

BJ can’t pass a ball to save hia life. His only contribution is to be a body in the middle and press, usually giving fouls away.

Nugent poor. Forsyth rubbish on the ball.

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies and Hudds were our only outfield players who didn’t treat the ball like a hot potato.

Kasey Palmer probably isn’t that good, but he actually looked world class with the ball at his feet compared to the rest.

We’re a one-man attacking team with Vydra, and when he’s not firing, we don’t ever look like scoring.

Just now, Tombo said:

I thought the ref had a great game. Got almost every decision spot on. 

The red was coming for someone, Tomlin got clocked everytime he got the ball, over the course of the game we probably deserved to go down to 10 men. Soft second yellow, sure, but we got away with plenty of other ones on the same player. It was a good game plan that worked though, no doubt - Tomlin never got a sniff.

Agreed the amount of fouls especially on Tomlin that the referee chose not to punish was quite significant 

I'm going to say I'm proud of our team today we gave them nothing and could've won 

I feared the worse before the game but I genuinely think everyone gave it there all...I will say that BJ frustrates me as gives the ball away far to much ...we will miss big Tom his covering when centre backs go forward is great...I will also say I think Tom Lawrence was a danger to them in the ten role in the first half ...Palmer definitely made a difference and Jerome did well when he came on ...we are going to miss big Tom big time but generally I was pleased with our effort and unlucky not to win and Weimann should've scored near the end....well done today 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Weimann works hard, gets in the right positions but just can’t hit a ball properly.

Anya offers nothing, absolutely nothing. Lawrence is greedy and crap, a horrible combination.

BJ can’t pass a ball to save hia life. His only contribution is to be a body in the middle and press, usually giving fouls away.

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies and Hudds were our only outfield players who didn’t treat the ball like a hot potato.

Kasey Palmer probably isn’t that good, but he actually looked world class with the ball at his feet compared to the rest.

We’re a one-man attacking team with Vydra, and when he’s not firing, we don’t ever look like scoring.

Enjoy the game then 

9 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Rowett having a go at the end was the most entertaining part of the afternoon. 

Also not the best sign. Pressure getting to him? No wonder the team are void of confidence.

Another who needs to calm down

Clearly inaccurate  and without a shred of logic or common sense

Like it or not, you cannot be described as a Derby 'fan'

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I thought the ref had a great game. Got almost every decision spot on. 

The red was coming for someone, Tomlin got clocked everytime he got the ball, over the course of the game we probably deserved to go down to 10 men. Soft second yellow, sure, but we got away with plenty of other ones on the same player. It was a good game plan that worked though, no doubt - Tomlin never got a sniff.

Huddlestone escaped a clear yellow card just prior to getting booked, cynically chopping down Tomlin when he turned inside in a dangerous area.

The yellow card leading to the sending off was an awful decision, but you’re probably right, he should have gone for a culmination of fouls anyway.

8 minutes ago, ck- said:

I think that's probably fair, but there is a disturbing lack of skill.

I was a big fan of Rowett reintroducing an ethos of effort and working together as a team, but it now needs an infusion of class.

All this all day long 

7 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Great point considering the circumstances. 

The aim now is to solidify our play-off place got some even tougher games to play next.

Losing Huddlestone is a big blow as there is no one left who can pass. Hanson and Johnson as the midfield 2 vs Cardiff :unsure:.

Hanson is a good passer of the ball at under 23 level. We'll soon be finding out if he can do it at this level. 

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Broken_keyboard.jpg

Archived