Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Am very surprised to see so many on here expressing satisfaction with today’s performance, with Rowett’s decision not to start Palmer, and with the position we find ourselves in the table; looking very much like we will have to play Villa, Fulham and A N Other in the playoffs (if we make them) .. 

One win in the last seven games is NOT promotion form, not to beat a poor Forest side today, and losing our best player for two games are not things that should give us cause for optimism, and the criticism on the forum as a result of this should not be so surprising ..

When will Rowett show some faith in flair, skill and creativity (other than that invested in Tom Huddlestone), as opposed to his safety first, pragmatic policy ? 

Because this is not a sustainable long term approach to management for a club with Derby’s proud history and reputation ..

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky Sports ratings:

Nottingham Forest: Pantilimon (7), Darikwa (7), Figueiredo (7), Fox (7), Osborn (6), Watson (6), Colback (6), Cash (6), Tomlin (7), Lolley (6), Brereton (5)

Subs: Murphy (n/a), Dowell (n/a)

Derby: Carson (6), Wisdom (6), Keogh (6), Davies (6), Forsyth (5), Anya (5), Huddlestone (4), Johnson (5), Lawrence (5), Weimann (5), Nugent (5)

Subs: Palmer (n/a), Hanson (n/a), Jerome (n/a)

Man of the match: Danny Fox

I'm pretty confident they didn't watch the game.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Sky Sports ratings:

Nottingham Forest: Pantilimon (7), Darikwa (7), Figueiredo (7), Fox (7), Osborn (6), Watson (6), Colback (6), Cash (6), Tomlin (7), Lolley (6), Brereton (5)

Derby: Carson (6), Wisdom (6), Keogh (6), Davies (6), Forsyth (5), Anya (5), Huddlestone (4), Johnson (5), Lawrence (5), Weimann (5), Nugent (5)

How can you not have a rating for subs that came on on the 65th minute?

5 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

Am very surprised to see so many on here expressing satisfaction with today’s performance, with Rowett’s decision not to start Palmer, and with the position we find ourselves in the table; looking very much like we will have to play Villa, Fulham and A N Other in the playoffs (if we make them) .. 

One win in the last seven games is NOT promotion form, not to beat a poor Forest side today, and losing our best player for two games are not things that should give us cause for optimism, and the criticism on the forum as a result of this should not be so surprising ..

When will Rowett show some faith in flair, skill and creativity (other than that invested in Tom Huddlestone), as opposed to his safety first, pragmatic policy ? 

Because this is not a sustainable long term approach to management for a club with Derby’s proud history and reputation ..

You're right in as much as one win in seven isn't promotion form, and to be honest the last couple of games have looked to me like we'd either given up or were like rabbits frozen in headlights.

Today I thought we were back to the Derby of earlier in the season; really solid defensively, fighting for balls and looking like we would not concede.

We can do better going forward no doubt. Vydra was a miss, and everyone was probably surprised to see Palmer on the bench given the impact he has had since coming to Derby. Today we should have won - those moments before half time and Andy Weimann's air kick at the end could easily have gone in on another day, so it wasn't like we weren't creating anything. At the other end, to restrict a Forest team who have come into good form under their new manager to nothing at all deserves praise.

In the blood and thunder of an away local derby, on the back of a winless run, we were the better team no doubt.

So while it wasn't perfect, those are the reasons I express satisfaction.

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Sky Sports ratings:

That:

a) is utter ********

b) suggests Forest were the better team

c) says Hudds was the worst player on the pitch

d) suggests Carson had something to do

e) says of the two number 10s, Tomlin was much better than Lawrence

f) suggests that their attacking players were better than ours, despite managing no shots on goal in the entire game

g) tells us Sky Sports know sod all about anything whatsoever.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

A deliberate coming together, he was past him. Yeah it's difficult to know who will punt balls into the channels with no Hudds! He had one decent pass today, through to Lawrence was it? Not a big fan. #shrugs

Now I know you have to be wumming. If Huddlestone ain’t player of the year then I’m blown. At this level he’s an unreal footballer, probably has the best vision of any player I’ve seen for derby, including Thorne and Hughes. No ball from him is ever a hopeless punt, they’re very deliberate passes normally executed to perfection. Would love to pull a montage up of some of his passes this year, can remember at least 5 where he’s taken an entire team out with one ball.

Despite all the negative posts regarding Rowetts team selection, we were the much better team and could have won, had Tom not been harshly sent off. Having said that again we failed to win against a very poor Forest side, so it's two points lost.

Huddlestone really will be missed due the the resulting suspension. Then again it will enable him to shake off his injury for the run in. 

21 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Sky Sports ratings:

Those scores are just as biased as their commentary. 

Absolutely ludicrous Sky Sports player ratings .. Huddlestone was easily the best player on either side .. what experience of watching football do these people have ? Their ability to assess quality in a player is abysmal, and they should be persuaded to come on this forum and explain their decisions .. NEVER have I ever seen the BEST player in a match rated as the WORST !! 

According to the usual suspects we were going to get rolled over today by a resurgent, young and exciting Forest team. As usual, they were wrong and proved they know nothing about football.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, valleyram said:

Has Palmer too much ability and legs to start a game ? 

No he has the same number of legs as the rest of the players

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Rowett was class today, bit disappointed we didn't go for it more though, they were bloody awful 

We made them look very ordinary.

I didn't see a deliberate policy of not going for it.

4 minutes ago, KCG said:

According to the usual suspects we were going to get rolled over today by a resurgent, young and exciting Forest team. As usual, they were wrong and proved they know nothing about football.

That might include me then. I don't think that I am a 'usual suspect ' but I was not optimistic about today after the lacklustre performance on Tuesday evening.  

I only watched the match on tv but I was heartened by the desire and effort of the whole team today. We did lack a bit of quality in the final third, but that has been the same all season, Vydra apart. Such a shame he wasn't fit for this one as he would most likely have made the difference.  

All I ever ask of my team is to play with heart and passion, so well done today, Rams. 

Also, thought Rowett in switching the layout of the team, allowing BJ and TL to b centrally attacking and run on behind Nuge showed a tactical nous I'd not really associated with him before. I thought despite what he said, he was rigidly obsessed with 4-2-3-1.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

That might include me then. I don't think that I am a 'usual suspect ' but I was not optimistic about today after the lacklustre performance on Tuesday evening.  

I only watched the match on tv but I was heartened by the desire and effort of the whole team today. We did lack a bit of quality in the final third, but that has been the same all season, Vydra apart. Such a shame he wasn't fit for this one as he would most likely have made the difference.  

All I ever ask of my team is to play with heart and passion, so well done today, Rams. 

Completely agree. Think we'd have come away with the win if he'd played, seriously lacked that clinical edge.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Completely agree. Think we'd have come away with the win if he'd played, seriously lacked that clinical edge.

I think we would have won if Pantilimon wasn't 15 feet tall.

Archived