Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Was not surprised Jeremy Simpson did not pick up on Tomlin falling over at every opportunity has he missed Maddison doing the same in the home game with Norwich.

We cannot take the high ground with this though has Chris (the wardrobe)Martin did it with great effect for years.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cosmic said:

That is the most tenuous link imaginable to the football club. Have they not got any of their own heritage or history to work with? What’s next, the Spanish Armada down the Trent?

I did quite a bit on the history of sport in Nottingham whilst at university (I was at uni there meaning it was easy to get primary source material) and the Garibaldi connection *kind of* suits. To cut a long story short, Nottingham folk lore always likes to side with rebels albeit Robin Hood, Luddites, Chartists, 1832 riots etc when in reality the history of the history/appearance is connected to the establishment. If you ask me, a bunch a millowners feeling they had some connection to Garibaldi is about as Nottingham as you can get.

(For clarification, there is a little more to it than that, I’m being a little disengenuos but this is a derby forum not a history lecture)

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

All the silly talk about thr sending off....it was obviously for persistent fouling...I thought that when he got his fists yellow card that he was lucky that one wasn’t his second....the one where he flicked his leg at Tomlin as he went around him was 100% a yellow. No complaints from me about the red card I just think that maybe it could have been earlier actually. 

Tumblin' Tomlin did get fouled a lot and he fell over a lot. Most of the fouls were not by huddlestone  including the supposed foul he was sent off for. You can't just pick a player as a scapegoat and decide to send him off. Terrible decision by the Ref. He booked Lawrence for being fouled, sent hud off for not fouling someone. Is he attwell in disguise? 

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Tumblin' Tomlin did get fouled a lot and he fell over a lot. Most of the fouls were not by huddlestone  including the supposed foul he was sent off for. You can't just pick a player as a scapegoat and decide to send him off. Terrible decision by the Ref. He booked Lawrence for being fouled, sent hud off for not fouling someone. Is he attwell in disguise? 

Ben Watson committed as many fouls as Huddlestone and yet didn’t even receive a yellow

BJ committed more!

3 minutes ago, irobinson said:

yes  - i think he should have walked on that one - as he should have been booked earlier for continuous game breaking fouls

I thought he had, was saying he has to go for 2nd yellow... :pinch:

22 minutes ago, rynny said:

Watson got booked for taking Palmer out from behind on the edge of their box.

Ha, I was exactly the same thinking he got booked when Colback did

On Colback, how many fouls did he do off the ball that went picked up? 4 or 5 times you’d see the player running from deep on the floor with Colback about five yards away. How the ref didn’t pick up on that was beyond me.

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Ha, I was exactly the same thinking he got booked when Colback did

On Colback, how many fouls did he do off the ball that went picked up? 4 or 5 times you’d see the player running from deep on the floor with Colback about five yards away. How the ref didn’t pick up on that was beyond me.

I certainly saw one on Palmer.

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

All the silly talk about thr sending off....it was obviously for persistent fouling...I thought that when he got his fists yellow card that he was lucky that one wasn’t his second....the one where he flicked his leg at Tomlin as he went around him was 100% a yellow. No complaints from me about the red card I just think that maybe it could have been earlier actually. 

I know you're trolling, but you would then have to apply the same logic to Watson. Which he didn't. Even when Watson pulled Palmer back just minutes after his challenge from behind on the edge of the area. The ref waved play on. That is a booking. Just because Palmer stayed on his feet, he stayed on the pitch.

The ref was weak.

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Fans need to keep the neuroticism in check otherwise we will talk ourselves out of a play-off spot. 9 games to go...all will be cup finals. 

That's a cop out for the manager and the players I am afraid. Fans responded well after we went behind against Fulham, that we ended up losing wasn't down to the fans.

58 minutes ago, Norman said:

I know you're trolling, but you would then have to apply the same logic to Watson. Which he didn't. Even when Watson pulled Palmer back just minutes after his challenge from behind on the edge of the area. The ref waved play on. That is a booking. Just because Palmer stayed on his feet, he stayed on the pitch.

The ref was weak.

Watson should have been booked within 15 minutes for a cynical trip when we were ccountering. Proper dirty but you stand a good chance of getting away with a sly kick or two early on in what's expected to be a intense match. 

Derby missed a trick by not smashing Tomlin early. Pub league vvanker 

Archived