Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, positives, very worried after watching that dross at QPR, thought we were a lot better today and that gives me hope. I think results will start to click into place soon.

negative, the loss of Tom Hud and lack of midfield options could hurt us, step up Hanson ...please

lets see for me lots of positives from this one

Carson - nothing to do 

Wisdom - did nothing wrong 

Keogh - did nothing wrong 

Davies - did nothing wrong 

forsyth- did little wrong

huddlestone - our only passing midfielder now missing for two games

johnson. - not terrible 

Lawrence- greedy when well placed we need more

anya - what’s the point?

wieman - our most dangerous player sadly missed a great late chance

nugent. - no shots that I saw 

subs Jerome - looks better as a sub I must say

palmer - starts brightly then slowly disappears a bit 

Hanson - not much to do - but he will have it seems 

red dogs - for a home team they were shocking with virtually no attacking intent 

another game gone without us completing a double 

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Can't make my mind up whether that was a good point or not. 

Huddlestone being banned is a massive blow, the only capable footballer we've got. 

Is the rule that you can't appeal against two yellows? 

Shame about the sending off we were on top at that point. Better performance, Weimann, Anya and Johnson poor and just not good enough. Hope we get the injured players back soon

Now that’s a draw I haven’t got too much to complain about. Well, I could refer to a couple of things but on the whole I was quite pleased with the commitment/desire. Can we appeal the red card ? 

Ignore this, just read you can’t appeal two yellows...hope that ref gets a puncture on the way home. ;)

Fully deserved point. Very harsh sending off. Lawrence played better central. Palmer gave us a lift. Bradley johnson competed. Thats about it.

3 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Proud of the boys today, guts and character in abundance.  Up The Rams!

I think that's probably fair, but there is a disturbing lack of skill.

I was a big fan of Rowett reintroducing an ethos of effort and working together as a team, but it now needs an infusion of class.

Very good performance from Rams in second half

Forsyth, Huddlestone, Casey, Davies, Keogh all very good (would have included Weimann but for that embarrassment right at the end)

Genuine questions from those of us who don't quite get the tactical side of things :

What was the logic of not starting with Casey Palmer ?

Why would Anya get a starting berth ?

How does Johnson get picked when he cannot tackle without fouling and he cannot pass the ball ?

Great point considering the circumstances. 

The aim now is to solidify our play-off place got some even tougher games to play next.

Losing Huddlestone is a big blow as there is no one left who can pass. Hanson and Johnson as the midfield 2 vs Cardiff :unsure:.

I thought the ref had a great game. Got almost every decision spot on. 

The red was coming for someone, Tomlin got clocked everytime he got the ball, over the course of the game we probably deserved to go down to 10 men. Soft second yellow, sure, but we got away with plenty of other ones on the same player. It was a good game plan that worked though, no doubt - Tomlin never got a sniff.

Archived