Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

How crap must Forest be to not at any point look like threatening our goal?

We had half a team out there who are genuinely crap footballers.

Weimann works hard, gets in the right positions but just can’t hit a ball properly.

Anya offers nothing, absolutely nothing. Lawrence is greedy and crap, a horrible combination.

BJ can’t pass a ball to save hia life. His only contribution is to be a body in the middle and press, usually giving fouls away.

Nugent poor. Forsyth rubbish on the ball.

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies and Hudds were our only outfield players who didn’t treat the ball like a hot potato.

Kasey Palmer probably isn’t that good, but he actually looked world class with the ball at his feet compared to the rest.

We’re a one-man attacking team with Vydra, and when he’s not firing, we don’t ever look like scoring.

Must have missed the Reading game then

33 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

A few random points

Although it’s not his position, think we look a better competing side with Johnson in. I know he’s a bit ‘marmite’ and I can’t quite but my finger on it, but I think we miss him when not in the side.

Hope Hanson gets a go now, the deep midfielders we play will suit him. I don’t think he’s done that much wrong to be on the fringes like he is in all honesty.

Lawrence looks much better in that no.10 role. Terrible decision on the booking, he slowly faded out after but would look at that again.

Palmer is class.

Wisdom was on cruise control, maybe my man of the match 

Agree with a lot of this, especially regarding Johnson. He's not our most talented player but in my opinion he offers something through being more of a physical, combative presence - he comes across as more aggressive than our other midfielders .

I'm interested to see how Hanson will do if given a go in the side, never really done a lot wrong in my eyes and theoretically will fit in nicely to our deep lying CM role. 

Remember a couple of times vs Man Utd Lawrence looking a threat coming through the middle and on a couple of other occasions, I do think he is better suited to that role. 

Be interesting to see what 11 GR goes with v Cardiff - will Vydra be fit? Would quite like to see Palmer given a chance, he plays with a lot more energy and verve and gives us something different but is maybe more effective off the bench?

Either way, there's enough positives to take from today IMO, although Huddlestones ban is going to be potentially very costly, he's been our best player lately

8 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Thought it was very harsh. Just a coming together. At least we got a point but losing Huddlestone could be a problem.

A deliberate coming together, he was past him. Yeah it's difficult to know who will punt balls into the channels with no Hudds! He had one decent pass today, through to Lawrence was it? Not a big fan. #shrugs

I do wonder whether some posters on here are Forest trolls posing as Derby fans. They have never got a good thing to say about us.

I thought we were the better team today and with a bit more good luck could have scored at least a couple; Weiman should have scored, but lacked composure.

We were in control and I can't remember Forest having a shot on target.

4 minutes ago, KCG said:

I do wonder whether some posters on here are Forest trolls posing as Derby fans. They have never got a good thing to say about us.

I thought we were the better team today and with a bit more good luck could have scored at least a couple; Weiman should have scored, but lacked composure.

stats say 6 shots - zero on target

7 minutes ago, KCG said:

just trolls posting as trolls ,don't think half of them have been to a game anyway,just want something to whinge about  

We rose more to the occasion today with more effort from the lads...got to be pleased with that but I would expect us to raise our game in a local Derby.

But,we drew......again

We should be winning games like this week in,week out shouldn't we?

We thrashed them earlier in the season and forest are no better than then which means we are clearly weaker than we were.

I'm not sure if it's because we haven't lost to our deadly rival when we thought it was a high possibility or its because we have been so mediocre lately but it seems we are almost happy tonight about dropping 2 points and not scoring any goals......

We aren't going to get promoted without winning games.

2 minutes ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Do you like anyone ?

Carson, Wizzie, Keogh, Davies, Fozzie (when fit), Ledley's ok, Bradders, Lawrence is better than he'd showing, Vyds, Nuge; Palmer when he plays. Thinks that's about it from the current squad.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We thrashed them earlier in the season and forest are no better than then which means we are clearly weaker than we were.

Do you think having loads of players out  injured, and even some of those that are playing carrying injuries, impacted today's performance?

If so, is it Rowetts fault for trimming the squad too much, or just poor luck?

Not to mention the 10 players Forest bought in January theoretically improving them?

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If so, is it Rowetts fault for trimming the squad too much, or just poor luck?

Not to mention the 10 players Forest bought in January theoretically improving them?

They had no shots on target how much theoretically improved?

Archived