Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

That was a bad evening for us, let’s hope we can over come this setback. 

Draw at Millwall is no bad result Ted. Had  Villa not won a few on here may not be having kittens. Keep calm and we will carry on 

For context Wolves drew with Millwall. 

Boro lost to Millwall.

Villa drew with Millwall.

Sheff United lost to Millwall.

Cardiff drew with Millwall.

Bristol drew with Millwall.

I think we can relax, a lot of top teams struggled to beat Millwall, they defend well.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Back to back 0-0s. 

We seem to lack the ability to "go for it" from the off. We knew that we had seen results not go our way at the weekend. The team pep talk was obvious. But we still don't respond.

Unable to score against 2 sides disrupted by injuries.

Every team will have a dip at some point. If we can keep our dip to a few 0-0 draws then pick back up Wel be ok ??

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Need some serious quality in the wide spots or we will lose second to villa without a doubt. Still in our hands but that January hasn’t been good enough, drawn 3 blanks in our last 6 games as well if I’m not mistaken. Hope this isn’t the start of our normal downfall..

Away to Hull, Home to Bristol, Away to Millwall. 

I'm not worrying too much yet. 

Thought it was a decent performance and not the worst point. Definitely all 3 there for the taking though. Thought we lacked that real bit of quality in wide areas before Russell left and clear to see tonight. It is so important we bring someone in tomorrow to play the other side of Lawrence. Weimann is honest, decent movement ahead of the ball, but lacks real quality and not much of a goal threat. Glad Anya is back in the fold, however similar to Weimann in my opinion and both will be useful off the bench and maybe the odd away game, however not quite good enough to take us up.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

For context Wolves drew with Millwall. 

Boro lost to Millwall.

Villa drew with Millwall.

Sheff United lost to Millwall.

Cardiff drew with Millwall.

Bristol drew with Millwall.

I think we can relax, a lot of top teams struggled to beat Millwall, they defend well.

Great post. And timely {pushes razor blades back into draw}. :mellow:

Just now, SaintRam said:

Away to Hull, Home to Bristol, Away to Millwall. 

I'm not worrying too much yet. 

I agree it ain’t time for knives out but we do have to get a little concerned if we don’t turn this around quick. A quality winger that isn’t brain dead in the final third signing tomorrow would be a start..

We just haven't quite got that cutting edge at the moment. Incredible quality in players like Lawrence and Vydra (who were both well off it tonight) but when it comes to the number 9 area (Nuge) and wide right (Weimann) we're just not quite as lethal.

Archived