Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be interested to know GR's thinking behind the timing of the subs. He waits until pretty much the same stage of every game.

Does he want the opposition to tire as much as possible before bringing on fresh legs? Does he want to persist with his original selection coming good? Does he think the impact of the subs is going to be at its highest rather than bringing them on ten minutes earlier?

"Here he goes again, making one of those slaloming runs, Lawrence. Almost like he's on the piste." 

Those skiiers who hit every flag on the way down the mountain. 

Just now, Kernow said:

I'd be interested to know GR's thinking behind the timing of the subs. He waits until pretty much the same stage of every game.

Does he want the opposition to tire as much as possible before bringing on fresh legs? Does he want to persist with his original selection coming good? Does he think the impact of the subs is going to be at its highest rather than bringing them on ten minutes earlier?

Maybe he just gets distracted like I do every time I make a cup of tea and it's always stewed.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think he's waiting for the opposition to start making changes. He's made subs earlier in games when opponents have.

Gauging their gameplan, I guess.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Scrappy,scrappy game.....needed subs on twenty minutes ago (as usual)

And,dare I say it,no control up top again to retain the ball for a bit.

Who would you have in mind to give such control?

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Purely habitual....he usually brings on subs at the same time each game. 

For **** sake Lawrence. He looks so dangerous then his final poor is just so poor. He runs with the ball like it is what it is - a football. However when it comes to pulling his foot back to play the final pass the ball transforms into either a 10kg medicine ball and trickles somewhere it shouldn't go, or one of those beach footballs that can travel miles if you punt one on a windy day. So frustrating.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Lawrence is sounding poor in the view of radio derby...

probably score now...

He's been thoroughly shocking. He's good everywhere on the pitch except where he's supposed to be. 

Archived