Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

After some (predictable) below par performances from Nugent, I wonder just how much we will live to regret GR’s stubborn refusal to play our best striker (Chris Martin of course) in the last few games; and now that he’s prepared to sell him, in the crucial run-in to the promotion chase too !  If we do not get promoted then this prejudice against a player who is still one of the Championship’s top strikers will I’m sure be remembered as one of the most blatant ‘own goals’ in the club’s recent history ! 

Hopefully GR will be proved to be right, and Nugent / Cameron / Winnall will get us over the finishing line, and I will then admit that I was mistaken, and CM may just be ‘yesterday’s man’ .. but what a travesty it would be if our failings in the final third / striker positions were to cost us promotion at the very time that we have such an excellent goalkeeper, and the best centre back pairing in Keogh and Davies for many seasons ..

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

After some (predictable) below par performances from Nugent, I wonder just how much we will live to regret GR’s stubborn refusal to play our best striker (Chris Martin of course) in the last few games; and now that he’s prepared to sell him, in the crucial run-in to the promotion chase too !  If we do not get promoted then this prejudice against a player who is still one of the Championship’s top strikers will I’m sure be remembered as one of the most blatant ‘own goals’ in the club’s recent history ! 

Hopefully GR will be proved to be right, and Nugent / Cameron / Winnall will get us over the finishing line, and I will then admit that I was mistaken, and CM may just be ‘yesterday’s man’ .. but what a travesty it would be if our failings in the final third / striker positions were to cost us promotion at the very time that we have such an excellent goalkeeper, and the best centre back pairing in Keogh and Davies for many seasons ..

Wow, just wow

36 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

After some (predictable) below par performances from Nugent, I wonder just how much we will live to regret GR’s stubborn refusal to play our best striker (Chris Martin of course) in the last few games; and now that he’s prepared to sell him, in the crucial run-in to the promotion chase too !  If we do not get promoted then this prejudice against a player who is still one of the Championship’s top strikers will I’m sure be remembered as one of the most blatant ‘own goals’ in the club’s recent history ! 

I like Martin and it will be sad to see him go, but its not hard to see why hes dropped down the pecking order.

We dont really have any failings in the final third, we are 3rd highest scores and 2nd best GD, so we must be doing something right in both departments.

Im not sure if Martin has been in we would be in any better position (or even equal). We play differently now.

Its not prejudice, its just picking the best team.

42 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

trainwreck-gif-12.gif

6 hours ago, Ramshankered said:

Those photo's were definitely taken at half time or after the final whistle. Was much, much busier than that. I was two rows in front of these guys:

AC-008.jpg

The dude on the left was screaming "HALLLLELUUUJAH ANYA" at the top of his lungs, every 30 seconds for the last 10 mins. Never seen someone so excited for a player who's barely played.

The dude in the brown corduroys is as entertaining as these photos get!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

He always takes the photos about an hour before kick-off so they never include the fans who come up from the concourse late or arrive from local boozers five minutes before kick off.

At least they prove my husband was where he said he was last night!

Maybe he'd be better off in the concourse taking photos or better still down the local boozers, he would get a few more Rams fans in his photos!

1 hour ago, Ram8 said:

How do you know that it's just that he is effing Karp in training?

27 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Do you actually go to matches .... staggeringly complacent I'mafraid

I love the old 'I don't agree with an opinion, oh you can't go to games then'

Top marks.:(

44 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Do you actually go to matches .... staggeringly complacent I'mafraid

Have you seen the table? Im guessing we kind of know what we are doing in the final third..... or I’m I being too “complacent” looking at the table?

(Posted 3 hours ago by Ram8)

Hopefully GR will be proved to be right, and Nugent / Cameron / Winnall will get us over the finishing line, and I will then admit that I was mistaken, and CM may just be ‘yesterday’s man’ .. but what a travesty it would be if our failings in the final third / striker positions were to cost us promotion at the very time that we have such an excellent goalkeeper, and the best centre back pairing in Keogh and Davies for many seasons.

Great post Ram8,let's hope rowett is correct!

10Shl99Vghh5aU.gif

4 hours ago, Ram8 said:

CM our best striker in what respect out of interest?

Hasn't part of our problem over the past few seasons been shoe horning players into systems that don't suit them? 

I'm a big Martin fan but would be seriously questioning our manager if he was regularly starting him in this system and he's certainly no impact sub.

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

CM our best striker in what respect out of interest?

Hasn't part of our problem over the past few seasons been shoe horning players into systems that don't suit them? 

I'm a big Martin fan but would be seriously questioning our manager if he was regularly starting him in this system and he's certainly no impact sub.

I'm same as you a Martin fan but it gets on my nerves the people who don't get that he don't fit the system Don't they realise that since he went on loan to Fulham we've won 31 games without him 

5 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Rams8 the personification of the sword of Damocles.

Archived