Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really?

So keep an unhappy player that has made it clear he wants to leave?

He's not said he is unhappy. Bristol city was his best game in ages. 

Wait till the end of the season. See where we are. Go if he's wants, on a free and trouser the £250k 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, toddy said:

Its does now put us under pressure to win our next 3 games, all homes ones too.

If this was just a blimp the last 2 games then we should go on and beat Brentford. COYR

blimp

blɪmp/

noun

informal

BRITISH

a pompous, reactionary type of person.

"you'll still find Colonel Blimps at local party level"

a small airship or barrage balloon.

16 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

A little pick me up for the wrist slashers. Gumps lost!!! :thumbsup:

Thought you were talking about the reduced cost Harry's

2018-01-30.png

41 minutes ago, Topram said:

With Villa playing like they are draws aren't enough for us! Long way to go! 

Villa were absolutely awful against Sheffield United - a draw would have flattered them.

15 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Villa must be looking more and more at that penultimate game against us at Villa Park as the banker fall-back...

So Villa have you lot and us at The Den in their last two games - interesting.

Well, I may be biased, but you couldn't ask the fixture computer for a much better opponent for your promotion rivals to face on the last day.

I think we will be safe by then. The Den will be sold out. Our fans will demand we go for the jugular. If Terry is playing the atmosphere will be vicious. Our players will play with freedom, but also the intensity that Millwall fans demand at The Den - and these players enjoy that. And Cahill will be gagging to bow out of English football on a high. 

Be optimistic Villa only get 1 point in their last two games ?

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really?

So keep an unhappy player that has made it clear he wants to leave?

If he made it clear he wants to leave at the start of January then fine, sell him and use the rest of the month finding a replacement. I can't imagine he's waited until 2 or 3 days before deadline day and has suddenly decided, you know what, I want to go and live in America. If he has left it really late to tell us he wants to leave then no, I wouldn't sell him unless we've got a replacement in first. With our best chance at promotion in years, we're taking 250k for a winger who's featured in 23/29 games this season without a replacement in. 250k over the chance at promotion seems silly to me

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because he has stated a desire to leave

And the minute any player does that I wouldn't stand in their way, yes it may leave us in a tricky situation but I would rather deal with that than have players around that don't want to be here.

I like the guy, wish he would have wanted to see out the season with us but the wording was clear, he wants to leave this month, I applaud the clubs decision to let him go and wish him luck on his travels.

Anyone else, shout up now, let's get players in that do want to be at Derby for the run in.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think that's the point, if we'd stopped him leaving I think it could've cast a shadow n all that, caused a bit of bad feeling.

Not at all. His options are improved.

prem with us, or a bigger signing on fee to go to usa 

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Villa were absolutely awful against Sheffield United - a draw would have flattered them.

But they won.

3 points even if no marks for artistic merit.

Not seen it tonight and I try to keep out of being too opinionated on what happens/how we play when I’ve not witnessed it. But I said a few weeks ago about leaving games with more questions than answers, I think at the 90 min mark tonight there could be a couple of more added...

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

But they won.

3 points even if no marks for artistic merit.

The point I was replying to was "The way Villa are playing", not "The way Villa are having all the luck in the world".

Not a pen.

can't complain about the goal...its virtually impossible to judge without freeze frame.

Not many humans have that......

or rewind.

Just on the train on the way home. We weren’t great but not terrible. Apart from Forsyth who was. I assume by Anyas appearance, it may mean we don’t intend to bring in another winger. If this is our bad patch, then it’s not as bad as all that. I do hope for a loan or 2 in tomorrow though. We just seem to need a bit of a lift. Crowd and players alike, weren’t at it today 

22 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He's not said he is unhappy. Bristol city was his best game in ages. 

Wait till the end of the season. See where we are. Go if he's wants, on a free and trouser the £250k 

OK maybe unhappy was incorrect but the fact that he has turned down contract offers may suggest otherwise.

I thought you was an advocate of not keeping players against their will...

Archived