Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Doodle said:

Just on the train on the way home. We weren’t great but not terrible. Apart from Forsyth who was. I assume by Anyas appearance, it may mean we don’t intend to bring in another winger. If this is our bad patch, then it’s not as bad as all that. I do hope for a loan or 2 in tomorrow though. We just seem to need a bit of a lift. Crowd and players alike, weren’t at it today 

Pretty much the sentiment for the last 2 or 3 games. 

The away trip for bonding hasn't visibly helped then?

Looked at the highlights - really can’t complain at a draw.

we should be beating these teams - Villa and Fulham are doing it

Suddenly goals have dried up.......Vydra should have scored, Anya was a good goal

but we cleared off the line and keough nearly gave a pen away

jerome has to start imo 

25 minutes ago, ttkk said:

So Villa have you lot and us at The Den in their last two games - interesting.

Well, I may be biased, but you couldn't ask the fixture computer for a much better opponent for your promotion rivals to face on the last day.

I think we will be safe by then. The Den will be sold out. Our fans will demand we go for the jugular. If Terry is playing the atmosphere will be vicious. Our players will play with freedom, but also the intensity that Millwall fans demand at The Den - and these players enjoy that. And Cahill will be gagging to bow out of English football on a high. 

Be optimistic Villa only get 1 point in their last two games ?

I'll have a bit of that thanks!

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

But they won.

3 points even if no marks for artistic merit.

And they have been xxxx in the past, so they are capable of being xxxx in the future.

When are Rams fans going to "Man" "Woman" and "Child" up, stop worrying about other clubs, concentrate on your own club, love it, support it, and get right behind it, and everything else will just work out fine.

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

Just now, irobinson said:

Hope so

We love bringing big clubs down a peg or two at The Den. It's why Millwall are officially the best giant killers in the FA Cup; why we are Arsenal's worst opponent win ratio wise; why, despite being a far, far, far smaller club Millwall boss West Ham in head to heads; why we have never lost to Chelsea in any cup & rarely in League.

Villa will probably turn up expecting our players to be on the beach and our fans unbothered - they'll be in for a rude awakening. 

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not a pen.

can't complain about the goal...its virtually impossible to judge without freeze frame.

Not many humans have that......

or rewind.

But that's exactly what you can complain about. The benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker. 

Watching it live I thought it was 100% a penalty, looking back now I have dropped that opinion down to about 99.99% sure it was.

Any "goal" I think it was off side, at the time I didnt think it was but when you watch it again, Anya doesn't celebrate, he knows he was off.

Happy with a point would have taken that before kick off.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think we are being unfair, the Milwall fans were loudly discussing the philosphys of Immanuel Kant.

**** is a term of endearment / jest around these parts (daft ****; me old ****; hurry up slow ****; silly ****; northern ****; lucky ****; lovable ****; funny **** etc.) - if we wanted to be mean we would have called him a '****-****'.

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Watching it live I thought it was 100% a penalty, looking back now I have dropped that opinion down to about 99.99% sure it was.

Any "goal" I think it was off side, at the time I didnt think it was but when you watch it again, Anya doesn't celebrate, he knows he was off.

Happy with a point would have taken that before kick off.

He literally starts running celebrating with Winnall then stops. Regardless, he was played on side.

Just now, ttkk said:

**** is a term of endearment / jest around these parts (daft ****; me old ****; hurry up slow ****; silly ****; northern ****; lucky ****; lovable ****; funny **** etc.) - if we wanted to be mean we would have called him a '****-****'.

To be fair to you, I've heard that sort of talk on jobs in London and get what you mean.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think we are being unfair, the Milwall fans were loudly discussing the philosphys of Immanuel Kant.

Cue the Monty Python Philosophers Song..........

Anyone link the video? It's a classic. .....

"Heiiidegger Heidegger was a boozy beggar, 

He was just as sloshed as Schlegl

Immanual Kant was a real pissant

I drink therefore I am"

I may not have got those lyrics quite right. 

Not long back after a few post-game beers.

The basic summary is that we were comfortably the better team but never really threatened. Millwall sat back and we didn't move the ball fast or forward enough to cause them problems. I feel Vydra is carrying an injury.

On the whole, what is brilliant about our team is we don't look like conceding. Something really exceptional has to happen for our opponents to get a sniff, and in the first half it did indeed happen. Four consecutive farcical defensive errors saw:

1. Carson horribly slice a clearance high up into the sky
  2. Forsyth tried to kick the ball out of danger but ridiculously hooked it over his head back towards our goal
  3. Davies ran out to cover the danger, but missed and overran the ball, handballing it at the same time but the ref played a good advantage
  4. The forward crossed to the near post and Huddlestone leapt foot first and kicked the striker in the head to prevent a goal-scoring opportunity. Stonewall penalty which the ref didn't give.

Jerome looked lively when he came on. Anya looked lively when he came on. Anya's offside goal was at our end and when he made the run I thought it was idiotic because it was impossible for him not to be offside making that particular run, and the flag duly went up. I haven't seen a replay and perhaps I'm wrong, but it was a poor decision by Anya to make that run and seemed inevitable the goal wouldn't stand.

We have to start converting draws to wins pretty quickly as the chasing pack gathers behind us. It's great we look so solid but we need something more up front. I expect Jerome will start the net game as he did make a difference coming on. I still feel Martin would make a difference too, but we'll see if he's still here after tomorrow night.

Archived