Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Villa winning in the last minute was the most disappointing tonight, they will be hard to stop. I  think Fulham will be on our coattails soon as well, it's really tight in the top 6 now.  Lawrence sounded like he had a poor game tonight, we really need someone to come in who as a decent final ball. I am quite content with a draw, because millwall are solid at home. We need to win on Saturday, it's a must win game now.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you sit back and think about it, we have conceded 3 goals in our last 13 league games. 3 goals! When you have a defensive record like that, even if you are having a dip in form, it means you aren't losing games. We do look like we need a creative spark up front, especially as Russell is leaving, but we are still in 2nd, concentrate on ourselves, and hopefully our dip is the past 6, and we still didn't lose in that time.

We are certainly starting to stutter a bit when you look at the bigger picture ie being caught by other teams and drawing too many games. At least we aren’t losing these games but you can only go so far with the, “ at the end of the season this may turn out to be a good point” mantra.

I believe we needed to win and we didn’t. But we are still second...

Villa must be looking more and more at that penultimate game against us at Villa Park as the banker fall-back...

We're rock solid at the back and our defence looks after itself.

Recently we've fallen away a bit further forward. So it's here we look to see how Gary is managing. This is where we are finding adversity so it's here Gary needs to earn his corn. Whether by training different formations,  an astute signing or 2,  or inspiring game management  (timely and effective substitutions ).

Be interesting to see how he does :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, sage said:

It is interesting that we have now decided to play Anya despite this apparent appearance clause (first I'd heard of it). What implication does this have on our transfer dealing tomorrow? . 

Jonny Russell's transfer fee and saved wages probably cover it. A good upgrade!

5 minutes ago, sage said:

It is interesting that we have now decided to play Anya despite this apparent appearance clause (first I'd heard of it). What implication does this have on our transfer dealing tomorrow? . 

Trying to bring in a player with one day to go is a waste of time.

if we are prepared to let johnny go, then we are lucky in a way to have another option on our books. And anya has shown a good attitude.

still can't understand why we are prepared to let johnny go. 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why are so many worried about Villa? The second place spot is currently ours, and in our own hands. We've all played a different schedule, Villa may have some harder away games in the second half of the season. We went away to many top teams in the first half of the season. Our position is up to us, not them, and we need our fans backing us and not being nervous about what's behind us. We should look ahead and support the team.

We are worried because they are right behind us and seem to be on form.  So it's normal that people are worried, that's the natural state of a football fan after all isn't it?  Perpetual worry tinged with the merest hint of hope. 

You are right, it is in our own hands, but let's not forget it's in VIlla's hands too, as we have to go to Villa Park at the end of April.  Indeed it's in Cardiff's hands also, we play them at home on Paddy's Day.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

At a guess the money in for Russell has (will) pay for the money Watford were due for Anya, Anya now back in the fold everything else, as you were (needing players out to move in, wanting Martin off the books, trying to get a quality wideman etc etc) I'd not be surprised if we ended up doing nothing with perhaps Hanson and Bennett going on loan.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Does it really exist though? Correct me if I'm wrong but only ever seen it written as a rumour and not as a fact.

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Trying to bring in a player with one day to go is a waste of time.

if we are prepared to let johnny go, then we are lucky in a way to have another option on our books. And anya has shown a good attitude.

still can't understand why we are prepared to let johnny go. 

Because he has stated a desire to leave and we get a fee if we let him go now?

Archived