Boycie

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

For context Wolves drew with Millwall. 

Boro lost to Millwall.

Villa drew with Millwall.

Sheff United lost to Millwall.

Cardiff drew with Millwall.

Bristol drew with Millwall.

I think we can relax, a lot of top teams struggled to beat Millwall, they defend well.

Who needs context when you can have panic? 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

We just haven't quite got that cutting edge at the moment. Incredible quality in players like Lawrence and Vydra (who were both well off it tonight) but when it comes to the number 9 area (Nuge) and wide right (Weimann) we're just not quite as lethal.

Hmmm.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

For context Wolves drew with Millwall. 

Boro lost to Millwall.

Villa drew with Millwall.

Sheff United lost to Millwall.

Cardiff drew with Millwall.

Bristol drew with Millwall.

I think we can relax, a lot of top teams struggled to beat Millwall, they defend well.

I was gonna say, don't be too down beat Rams - historically we are one of the best home sides in English football; and have been very strong under Harris.

Villa come to The Den on the last day - I can promise you now we will beat them. It's what Millwall do - big club in town, last game, chance of promotion. We will piss all over their chips. All you gotta do is be ahead of them or no more than 2 points behind them come May. 

Just now, philmycock said:

Villa worry me :-( brummie w@nkas

It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise though. Look at the quality of their squad!

Snodgrass, Hogan, Adomah, Grealish, Hourihane, Lansbury Bjarnason...oh and Kodjia to come back! They should be top two. No, they should be first!

Millwall have lost the same amount of games at home as us, it's a tough place to go. When you look at the bigger picture, Millwall (A) - 1 point isn't a bad result at all. Looking at the way the game panned out, we've got to be disappointed not to have won this. Had the chances but Millwall defended very well, another day the flag stays down and we pinch it, it's a shame.

But we're still 2nd, and we've been 2nd for a month now. If we are to have a "slide" this season, this is by no means it (yet). Two home games follow now in the next two weeks. As far as home games go, they're not the easiest but games we should definitely look to be taking six points from.

We need another attacking outlet, if Russell is to go tomorrow, we're significantly short. I felt we needed adding to in this area before this news, I feel it's vital now. That extra option really could be the difference between 2nd and 3rd.

Reasonable result but it's going to get very tight now.  We will likely at some point drop out of the top 2, and have to show some real desire to stay in the running, patiently picking up results and waiting for Villa to slip up.

Hopefully in time we can regain it. A biggish signing tomorrow could be a nice lift.

14 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Our midfield looks very leggy and slow right now....

Thats because they are leggy and slow. and theres ony two of them.  We need to boost the midfield and wide positions and running out of time again.  Why do we do this?

Why are so many worried about Villa? The second place spot is currently ours, and in our own hands. We've all played a different schedule, Villa may have some harder away games in the second half of the season. We went away to many top teams in the first half of the season. Our position is up to us, not them, and we need our fans backing us and not being nervous about what's behind us. We should look ahead and support the team.

Great stuff by Davies, Wisdom - love the way Vydra comes up with so many interceptions in midfield - could have won it - Anya clearly has a point to prove and a nice cameo - thought first sub could have been 10 mins earlier, but really not much to complain about there. Millwall worked really hard and will upset others. Still second. Still in our hands. (and an 8 point gap to 7th) 

Just now, Andicis said:

Why are so many worried about Villa? The second place spot is currently ours, and in our own hands. We've all played a different schedule, Villa may have some harder away games in the second half of the season. We went away to a many top teams in the first half of the season. Our position is up to us, not them, and we need our fans backing us and not being nervous about what's behind us. We should look ahead and support the team.

They play Burton on Saturday. They dont come much easier than that.. also they have had a lot of injuries and those players have come or are coming back. they have a stronger squad than us and Steve Bruice has more experience . Apart from that.. well we are still second, so its not all bad. 

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

They play Burton on Saturday. They dont come much easier than that.. also they have had a lot of injuries and those players have come or are coming back. they have a stronger squad than us and Steve Bruice has more experience . Apart from that.. well we are still second, so its not all bad. 

Okay, maybe in the current moment they have easier fixtures, but they then have a Derby match with Birmingham which makes it tougher than otherwise it would be, have to go away to Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham, and play vs Preston who are quite good this year. They might struggle with some of those games. They have the stronger squad and a more experienced manager, yet they're below us? All teams have injuries, I don't buy it.

Archived