Rowett Signs 3 and a Half Year Contract

Day

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

The only loser in all of this will be @David - forum views will return to normal.

Mel and Gary could have done the decent thing and dragged it out for a few more days :p

Like you won't all be visiting everyday all day still anyway, you love it here! 

Can I be the first prophet of doom to say this'll bite us around october next year when the team falls apart, everyone's having affairs with everyone's wives, cups of coffee are thrown, the forums full of threads about snakes...........<as @David laughs a Machiavellian laugh at the clicks counter>...

In all seriousness, very glad he's staying and there's long term commitment now.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Good news, puts an end to any speculation around his position here. Hopefully that should keep us stable and we can push on now, he’ll have justified his wage if he sees us up.

Wonder how @RoyMac5 feels:ph34r:

Just means we'll get a good amount of compo if anyone else did want him. ;) 

Not bovvered tbh. SoI'll settle for going up and waiting for him to sink or swim... :D 

Never got the impression that the fans have truly loved Rowett since he's been here. People have starting acknowledging that he's done a fantastic job, but there have always been grumbles since Hughes and Ince were sold, and style of play is often questioned. I don't think he's helped himself with some of the digs he makes towards his critics in post match interviews either.

However, I think that will change now. Since Stoke started sniffing, people have started to accept that we've got a brilliant young manager here who would be a massive loss. I even felt a little bit of man love when I saw his face on the new contract announcement. I think it will almost be like a fresh start now and he's going to receive a lot of adulation. Brum on Saturday should be phenomenal.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Stoke forum has gone from convincing themselves he was definitely going to claiming he was probably never in the running in the first place. Unlucky lads!

Devaluation is one of the most common defense mechanisms. And it's even infectious so no wonder!

Archived