Rowett Signs 3 and a Half Year Contract

Day

There is no better club for Gary Rowett to be at than Derby County. He above all , knows that. Mark Laurenceson has just got him a nice little contract!!! Gary does not have to get us promotion to be a success this season.

I hold my hand up and say that I thought there was no way that he could get rid of the players that he did and get to this level with the players that he brought in.

i am not sure that Ince, Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield thought that they could get promotion with the Rams.

Rowett's signings have just come in and played like men doing a day's work every day professionally. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rampage said:

There is no better club for Gary Rowett to be at than Derby County. He above all , knows that. Mark Laurenceson has just got him a nice little contract!!! Gary does not have to get us promotion to be a success this season.

I hold my hand up and say that I thought there was no way that he could get rid of the players that he did and get to this level with the players that he brought in.

i am not sure that Ince, Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield thought that they could get promotion with the Rams.

Rowett's signings have just come in and played like men doing a day's work every day professionally. 

Agree 100%.

Got a feeling 2018's gonna be a good year!?

it was clear that he had demonstrated his ability to galvanise and motivate the squad, dramatically improve individual and team performance, structure and organise the back-office functions to leverage the club’s superb facilities, strengthen the connection between first-team and the academy and, of course, to deliver significant results against teams at all levels in the Championship.

Who writes this nollocks.

as if we didn't know

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Does this now mean Gary is the highest paid manager in the league? £1 million a year is a lot of money. 

Wonder if actually that is more than some Premier League Managers are getting 

How do we know that???

32 minutes ago, eddie said:

The time to stop renewing Baird is when Wisdom and Stabana are ahead of him.

At the moment, it's not even close.

Disagree  ...  a) Wisdom is better and younger (although Baird is playing great I see that ) and b) at some point very soon he’s gonna break down like all the older players do ... back, niggles etc etc ... plus he’s a depreciating asset. Wisdom is the future and we have to start playing him regularly. A one year contract based purely on appearances i could go with but not muc more as squad needs trimming too

17 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I have studied the fixtures and we need a good lead with five games to go then just pod out the last five games and keep the others at bay for automatic promotion.

Same here mate. I’ve worked out that if we can grab that 2nd spot we’ll go up.??

Rowett stated: “I am thrilled to have structured and organised the back-office functions to leverage the club’s superb facilities".

top bloke.

it needed leveraging.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Agree but didn’t bother me that he alluded to moving back to his northern homeland. Dude was a class 1 serial clown. At the time when ppl wanted him gone cuz he wouldn’t deny the link I wanted him gone cuz the mofo couldn’t win a football match. Choked at every key moment. He was the worst manager in our history for achieving absolutely nothing with the talent at his disposal. And this is the guy who saw nothing in (and ditched) Matej Vydra. yes, VYDRA! The same Vydra that is ripping this league to ribbons. Fun coach for little kiddies is the uppermost ability in his locker. 

Mel had him all figured out. And it was hasta la vista! 

Its embarrassing that he’s even mentioned next to a legend in the making which is GR. 

attention-seeker.jpg

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Agree but didn’t bother me that he alluded to moving back to his northern homeland. Dude was a class 1 serial clown. At the time when ppl wanted him gone cuz he wouldn’t deny the link I wanted him gone cuz the mofo couldn’t win a football match. Choked at every key moment. He was the worst manager in our history for achieving absolutely nothing with the talent at his disposal. And this is the guy who saw nothing in (and ditched) Matej Vydra. yes, VYDRA! The same Vydra that is ripping this league to ribbons. Fun coach for little kiddies is the uppermost ability in his locker. 

Its embarrassing that he’s even mentioned next to a legend in the making which is GR. 

I didn't think you could out-do the nonsense and bile you post about Martin but congratulations, you have!

In any event this post is a bit previous. Save it and re-post when Rowett has won a domestic trophy, got a club to the Championship play-off final (or even better promoted) or managed and won a trophy on the continent.

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

Worst manager in our history...brilliant...totally brilliant...I could name you 15 managers in 15 seconds that were all worse than him. 

As for Mel figuring him out....so much so that he hired him twice..!?!?? 

Mac was hedging his bets ,, didn’t want to risk going to try to keep them up but did not want to dismiss taking the job if they stayed up ,, whatever way you slice it rowett and Mel have handled a very similar situation in a far far better way ,, it appears both put their cards on the table ,rowett now knows he’s valued and wanted and Mel knows rowett has a degree of honesty and loyalty , much as I enjoyed Mac s first spell in charge I lost respect for the bloke ,he could and should have handled it far better ,

thats my take on it , others will see it differently, I’m just glad all this stoke move rumour has been nipped in the bud fast and we can carry on building

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Worst manager in our history...brilliant...totally brilliant...I could name you 15 managers in 15 seconds that were all worse than him. 

As for Mel figuring him out....so much so that he hired him twice..!?!?? 

He is far from our worst manager, Mel did only hire him once though.

9 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Mac had no class, we gave him a great opportunity to come back to English football, and he stabbed us in the back, Mac new he was going to Newcastle back in March, and we fell away because of this, thank god Mr Rowett has some loyalty to this great club of ours, Mac has always looked after number one, he can shove that Brolly where the sun does not shine. Hope Gary does what many managers could not do, and take us back to the prem, wanted Gary as our manager before Mac 2, look back on my posts and you will see why I wanted this. Once a Ram always a ram.

Ok let's look at the flip side of the coin and we could say Derby County lack class. When Mac finally committed to us, he was sacked.

When Clement gave up his current job to come to Derby with comments about being our Alex Ferguson, he ended up being sacked within 6 months.

I don't see why football managers should be different to any other employee in looking to further their careers. If anything they should be more likely to want to do it because history shows that in most cases they are likely to be sacked within 2 to 3 years anyway.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

@Ninos posting at the moment is like a girl in a bikini doing cartwheels on the beach.

I'd rather watch that than read the continued Martin bashing though.

Archived