Rowett Signs 3 and a Half Year Contract

Day

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is about great sign of us growing as a club.

I don’t buy into the idea the McClaren speculation affected that season, I think if we’d kept everyone fit it wouldn’t have been an issue at all and we’d have gone up with him still as manager, but it really didn’t help the situation we were in. When we fell off it only made everything that more apocalyptic.

I don’t think we’ll drop off this season because I highly doubt we’ll ever see an injury crisis that bad again and I don’t think Rowett would leave even he didn’t sign a new contract.

But we’ve taken a lesson from our past failures and learnt from it, which has made us a better run club. 

Rowett also completely deserves this contract, even if we don’t go up I truly think he’s the right manager for us and I want him here for years to come. Great news and great move by Mel.

God they are bitter on that oatcake forum "he mustn't believe in his  have ability to manage in the premier league" 

"hope they fall down the league" 

They need to face the fact that he's wanted to manage Derby we are second in the league they are ready to go down! 

Great news for us let's keep going and get into the premier league 

And there you go. Proper manager. No messing about. ... Speculation rife, sits down with owner, sorts a deal, signs it. Job done.

no muttering and things half said, no weasel words. Straight to the point. A bit like his style of football.

thanks Mel and Gary for being grown ups 

Potentially a massive, massive moment in our season. Big sign of commitment for the fans, but must be even bigger for the players.

Feeling really good about the rest of the season now. Fantastic stuff.

Has to be said as well, hats off to Mel Morris on this one. The bloke comes in for a lot of (far) criticism at times, but has done a superb job in securing Gary here. 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

And there you go. Proper manager. No messing about. ... Speculation rife, sits down with owner, sorts a deal, signs it. Job done.

no muttering and things half said, no weasel words. Straight to the point. A bit like his style of football.

thanks Mel and Gary for being grown ups 

Actually apparently they've been negotiating for 3 or so weeks.

Brilliant ,, stability with the right manager and right owner ,,, let’s get on with getting this club back at the top table , hopefully it’s this year but if it not to be then we go again with a manager and owner with the ambition and ability to get us there

Sith Happens
Just now, maxjam said:

The only loser in all of this will be @David - forum views will return to normal.

Mel and Gary could have done the decent thing and dragged it out for a few more days :p

Nah be OK when we are linked with ronaldo next week.

Yup. Rowett class ... the delivery man ! He deserves it for his hard work and his ability to meld a powehouse team out of this hodge podge we had ended up with. Bravo !

... what a stark contrast to that Wally ...

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Actually apparently they've been negotiating for 3 or so weeks.

I am sure they have. Backwards and forwards with lawyers and what not. Very happy that it was conducted away from gossip mongers and those who thrive on and relish instability. In a word, professional 

Archived