Rowett Signs 3 and a Half Year Contract

Day

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It means there is no risky release clause.

How do we know that?

21 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

he’s just been offered a new contract doubling his wages.

How do we know that??

17 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t get the comparisons with Mac.

Mac was hounded by Radio Derby and the supporters for clarification (despite him giving it on numerous occasions) and the Newcastle link was brought up in pre-match and post-match interviews for months. Moreover, he wasn’t offered a new contract at the time.

Rowett on the other hand hasn’t been asked in a single interview to respond to the Stoke links and he’s just been offered a new contract doubling his wages.

Can’t compare at all.

Not once during the 'Newcastle' issue and the interviews with McClaren on the matter was I ever convinced that what he was saying was what he was actually thinking. 

Just saw a clip on SSN of Gary being interviewed. 

Confirmed no contact from Stoke. 

Confirmed that the club had been unsettled by the speculation. 

Confirmed discussions on contract had been ongoing. 

But admitted that the link was "flattering".........

Oh God,  he's as good as gone........judas etc...Mel,  DO something. .:lol:

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Never got the impression that the fans have truly loved Rowett since he's been here. People have starting acknowledging that he's done a fantastic job, but there have always been grumbles since Hughes and Ince were sold, and style of play is often questioned. I don't think he's helped himself with some of the digs he makes towards his critics in post match interviews either.

And so he should. Is it not refreshing to listen to a straight talking manger and not being fed endless  bull***t. There’s nothing more irritating than some idiot who hasn’t got a clue about the nuances of the game – there’s one on Radio Derby – having sly digs whenever the opportunity arises.

Ince and Hughes have gone, get over it, we’ve stopped treading water and making rapid, positive progress.

Currently a great time to be a Derby fan and having the opportunity to lord it over some of my football supporting mates.

10 minutes ago, Pearson said:

And so he should. Is it not refreshing to listen to a straight talking manger and not being fed endless  bull***t. There’s nothing more irritating than some idiot who hasn’t got a clue about the nuances of the game – there’s one on Radio Derby – having sly digs whenever the opportunity arises.

Ince and Hughes have gone, get over it, we’ve stopped treading water and making rapid, positive progress.

Currently a great time to be a Derby fan and having the opportunity to lord it over some of my football supporting mates.

I think it was the right time for both Hughes and Ince to go, for their careers as well as a change of approach from Derby.

We played some nice stuff at times in the past but we shouldn’t rose tint the fact that mentally we were weak.

We have a more resilient feel about us now. It’s far from perfect and we are still lacking in a few areas.

The cup games in the past few weeks have shown Bristol City to be a better footballing side than us and Wolves are a class above but we are probably the third best team overall.

That’s better than we could ever have imagined in October.

I’d say Rowett deserves all the plaudits for the turnaround. If we used as much energy supporting the side as we do knocking it we might send them up.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mac was hounded by Radio Derby and the supporters for clarification (despite him giving it on numerous occasions) and the Newcastle link was brought up in pre-match and post-match interviews for months. Moreover, he wasn’t offered a new contract at the time.

Rowett on the other hand hasn’t been asked in a single interview to respond to the Stoke links and he’s just been offered a new contract doubling his wages.

Can’t compare at all.

Mac had no class, we gave him a great opportunity to come back to English football, and he stabbed us in the back, Mac new he was going to Newcastle back in March, and we fell away because of this, thank god Mr Rowett has some loyalty to this great club of ours, Mac has always looked after number one, he can shove that Brolly where the sun does not shine. Hope Gary does what many managers could not do, and take us back to the prem, wanted Gary as our manager before Mac 2, look back on my posts and you will see why I wanted this. Once a Ram always a ram.

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Mac had no class, we gave him a great opportunity to come back to English football, and he stabbed us in the back, Mac new he was going to Newcastle back in March, and we fell away because of this, thank god Mr Rowett has some loyalty to this great club of ours, Mac has always looked after number one, he can shove that Brolly where the sun does not shine. Hope Gary does what many managers could not do, and take us back to the prem, wanted Gary as our manager before Mac 2, look back on my posts and you will see why I wanted this. Once a Ram always a ram.

worra load of ********.

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I'm guessing Mac went and deliberately injured Martin, Bent, Thorne, Eustace, Mascarell, Buxton and Grant as well? But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Can’t compare at all.

I think hounded is a bit harsh. He was asked tough questions and dodged them with spin doctor answers. 

Gary wasn't asked .. He was already privately discussing terms with his employer to strengthen his position in a job he is clearly enjoying and committed to. 

Archived