Rowett Signs 3 and a Half Year Contract

Day

43 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

A million odd a year success or failure ... wow just stop and think about it.... a million quid a year ...,

The Debate just now have quoted Sanchez as receiving a 13m signing on clause if he goes to MCFC in summer. It’s the money in football these days......especially the Prem! 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Mac had no class, we gave him a great opportunity to come back to English football, and he stabbed us in the back, Mac new he was going to Newcastle back in March, and we fell away because of this, thank god Mr Rowett has some loyalty to this great club of ours, Mac has always looked after number one, he can shove that Brolly where the sun does not shine. Hope Gary does what many managers could not do, and take us back to the prem, wanted Gary as our manager before Mac 2, look back on my posts and you will see why I wanted this. Once a Ram always a ram.

Just so you remember....he was SACKED. 

8 minutes ago, Moist One said:

how so?

By not being honest, Mac looks after number one only, remember Derby gave him a way back into English football, and how does he repay us, by getting his head turned by the first SO called big club who came calling, Mac is now without a job, and no decent club will touch him, I wonder why?

9 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Does this now mean Gary is the highest paid manager in the league? £1 million a year is a lot of money. 

Wonder if actually that is more than some Premier League Managers are getting 

I’d have thought Kawanka is on more with the gumps owners being far richer than ours. Plus he’s on a huge bonus to retain the FA Cup in 2019.

49 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

A million odd a year success or failure ... wow just stop and think about it.... a million quid a year ...,

That works out at around £19,000 a week. I'd guess that's a fair amount less than a handful of members of our squad, and he's a fair amount more important than most of those.

Bent, Anya, Shackell. I'd be surprised if any of those were on less than GR. Get rid of one of those and his wages are covered plus a little bit more. I'd rather keep GR instead of adding a new signing to the team if given the choice, he's more important to our promotion hopes.

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Really.?.? Wow some people are even more bitter than a Manchester City fan. 

Not at all, I am stating facts, I love my club and expect everyone to have respect for it, I hate supporters booing all the time, I hate people not backing our great club, but when managers take the piss, when we have stood by them, I then lose my respect for them. Managers like Mr Cox and Jimbo Smith will always have my 100 percent respect for what they gave to our great club, also Mr Burley and Mr Clough also gave there all . and should never have been sacked, but as far as Mac is concerned, can not stand the man.

Just now, Owd miner said:

I'd rather that than the  £100m bonus paid this year to the ceo of persimmon homes for participating in a rigged market which has just been propped up by the government  (by taking out stamp duty for 1st time buyers).

Apologies to all if that little rant should have been in the pub, but I just wanted to highlight that there are far worse abuses of economic position than Gary rowett. He's reasonably cheap!

3 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yes he's probably the most important to get tied down to a new deal, but the other 2 absolutely deserve new contracts. 

No not really. I like Russell but he is a spent force and Baird has been excellent but he’s a bit old to keep renewing when we have Andre and Stabana behind him 

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I wonder when the first post/thread will appear stating that giving Chris Martin a new contract was an expensive mistake... or have I already missed it?

FTFY :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Mac had no class, we gave him a great opportunity to come back to English football, and he stabbed us in the back, Mac new he was going to Newcastle back in March, and we fell away because of this, thank god Mr Rowett has some loyalty to this great club of ours, Mac has always looked after number one, he can shove that Brolly where the sun does not shine. Hope Gary does what many managers could not do, and take us back to the prem, wanted Gary as our manager before Mac 2, look back on my posts and you will see why I wanted this. Once a Ram always a ram.

He wasn't going to Newcastle. If he was then he'd have gone. But he didn't and committed to staying. And then was sacked. The proof being that he didn't go to Newcastle. And before anyone suggests he engineered his sacking that's not at all the impression I got from listening to Mel Morris.

He also employed him a second time. So he could not really have been that bad to work with.

As for us giving him an opportunity... It was mutually beneficial. We gave him the opportunity to manage a mid table champ club that hadn't won more games than it lost in a season since promotion under Billy. He brought fans back through the door. Our away following changed both in numbers and mentality. He brought excitement. He brought club records for a positive reason for once. 

We both got our names back in the spotlight. 

I dunno why a thread about Rowett turns into this. 

Where’s the £m wage come from. Is it fact or just made up conjecture? I’d be very surprised if Gaz’s contract details was in the public domain. 

Ha! I called him Gaz even though I’ll give his beard a sharp tug for selling Will when I run on the pitch to embrace him when we clinch promotion.

6 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Not at all, I am stating facts, I love my club and expect everyone to have respect for it, I hate supporters booing all the time, I hate people not backing our great club, but when managers take the piss, when we have stood by them, I then lose my respect for them. Managers like Mr Cox and Jimbo Smith will always have my 100 percent respect for what they gave to our great club, also Mr Burley and Mr Clough also gave there all . and should never have been sacked, but as far as Mac is concerned, can not stand the man.

Agree but didn’t bother me that he alluded to moving back to his northern homeland. Dude was a class 1 serial clown. At the time when ppl wanted him gone cuz he wouldn’t deny the link I wanted him gone cuz the mofo couldn’t win a football match. Choked at every key moment. He was the worst manager in our history for achieving absolutely nothing with the talent at his disposal. And this is the guy who saw nothing in (and ditched) Matej Vydra. yes, VYDRA! The same Vydra that is ripping this league to ribbons. Fun coach for little kiddies is the uppermost ability in his locker. 

Mel had him all figured out. And it was hasta la vista! 

Its embarrassing that he’s even mentioned next to a legend in the making which is GR. 

I'm happy Rowett signed a new deal.

If you're a manager that plays hard ball with your employees over contracts or wanting to speak to another club. I don't believe it gives them a leg to stand on when players within the squad do the same thing. It's imperative as a manager that you don't have one rule for yourself and another for your players. 

I believe the timing is quite important too. If we aren't to sign any players this January, which I highly doubt we will, then the players within the squad are settled, know their role & can focus on the next 20 games.

I'm still not convinced this is our year, I'll be honest, but it's nice to be in a strong position (once again) at this point in the season. 

Another great day and another great time for Derby fans to be happy and to get along with one another and to support the club......but here we go again on here, what are you lot like..........give over, get along......my managers bigger than your manager....blah blah!

I think it's time for David to take the ball inside his house and you lot can't have it back until you start blooming behaving!

19 minutes ago, Ninos said:

No not really. I like Russell but he is a spent force and Baird has been excellent but he’s a bit old to keep renewing when we have Andre and Stabana behind him 

The time to stop renewing Baird is when Wisdom and Stabana are ahead of him.

At the moment, it's not even close.

Archived