Rowett Signs 3 and a Half Year Contract

Day

8 hours ago, Ninos said:

Yup. Wouldn’t say that GR failed at two rubbish clubs as he overachieved and made them both contenders in their respective leagues especially Burton with the playoffs.  Add Brian Clough and Dave Mcckay to your successful list - the top of it in fact.

Yup meant to add since DM.  But GR didn’t get Burton promoted, didn’t he fail twice in the play offs which by your words make him a serial bottler? 

If you are changing the parameters then SM leading us to third was also an over achievement given where we were when he took over then?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Yes agree with most of that especially the Rowett side of it  Can't really agree with the "Mac didn't handle I well " side of it  Obvious to everyone he or his agent were talking to Newcastle especially about a directorship As an employer myself I could never let a manager continue his employment if he refused to commit to me if I had heard rumours I don't think Mac at anytime thought what damage he as doing to Dcfc t was all about hat he wanted to do 

You ain't in a position to know what was said between MacClaren and Morris concerning commitment. MacClaren did commit himself publicly when questioned about the rumours. Irony is that he got sacked after he made a strong public commitment.

10 hours ago, Ninos said:

Yup. Wouldn’t say that GR failed at two rubbish clubs as he overachieved and made them both contenders in their respective leagues especially Burton with the playoffs.  Add Brian Clough and Dave Mcckay to your successful list - the top of it in fact.

You are guilty of applying YOUR criteria differently according to who it is you are talking about. A bit more reflection needed would improve your posts.

Archived