Rowett Signs 3 and a Half Year Contract

Day

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just means we'll get a good amount of compo if anyone else did want him. ;) 

Not bovvered tbh. SoI'll settle for going up and waiting for him to sink or swim... :D 

He already is swimming, though? :huh:

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Good news, puts an end to any speculation around his position here. Hopefully that should keep us stable and we can push on now, he’ll have justified his wage if he sees us up.

Wonder how @RoyMac5 feels:ph34r:

He's in a darkened room looking at pictures of Stevie Mac's face just pinning for Mac 3 ??

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

He's in a darkened room looking at pictures of Stevie Mac's face just pinning for Mac 3 ??

That's disturbing.

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Well I work from home, I have it open in a tab about 16 hours per day :p

That's a shocking return in post count for the amount of time you're on here!

On having premier league ambition (Sky Sports interview):

"Of course, but I think that's an ambition I can fulfill with this club. If I don't, I've not done my job correctly."

See that's the attitude you want!

That's why struggling prem teams shouldn't be seen as this big juicy carrot when a club has everything except the stuff on the pitch at premier league level. Like Derby have. If the manager does their job right, we're not that far away.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, eddie said:

He said 'pinning' for Mac.

That's acupuncture.

Oh yeah,  I feel a right ***** now :lol:

Not allowed to say rick with a p

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Which highlights the problem with loans! - they cost far to much, can make team performance worse due to ability/inexperience/ squad harmony.

we have one loan player who is doing well in winnall which was balanced in our favour with Butterfield being swapped

37 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Just Thorne required. 

I'm pretty sure Thorne has the same agent as Rowett let's hope same outcome 

45 minutes ago, Topram said:

God they are bitter on that oatcake forum "he mustn't believe in his  have ability to manage in the premier league" 

"hope they fall down the league" 

They need to face the fact that he's wanted to manage Derby we are second in the league they are ready to go down! 

Great news for us let's keep going and get into the premier league 

I always liked Derbyshire oatcakes far better than Staffordshire ones. My grandma used to make them.

Had a quick read it did make me giggle.

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The GR doubters are pretty much out of things to deride him for with signing this new deal.  No arsing around, no mumbling non-answers to the press, just commits himself to the cause ??????

That’s why players respect him and play for him? And I’m willing to bet your never going to hear him acquire a Dutch accent

1 hour ago, Topram said:

God they are bitter on that oatcake forum "he mustn't believe in his  have ability to manage in the premier league" 

"hope they fall down the league" 

They need to face the fact that he's wanted to manage Derby we are second in the league they are ready to go down! 

Great news for us let's keep going and get into the premier league 

That's amazing.

Imagine someone being committed to the job they're doing, and also being happy working for the club he and his family support. MADNESS.

I'm absolutely delighted that he's signed. At least we can focus on the season ahead now. First time in a long time that I've felt that the club is genuinely heading in the right direction.

Oh and to the Stoke fans on their forum saying that Rowett "bottled" not moving to them, maybe it shows that you aren't as attractive as you think you are? You're just a nothing club ?

Archived