Rowett Signs 3 and a Half Year Contract

Day

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well deserved, been at the club 1 year, and in that year, he has us playing as a team, players giving 100 percent, some great signings have arrived at the club like Wisdom, Davis, Huddlestone, Ledley Lawrence and Winnell, all 6 have added quality and desire to our squad, also getting the best out of players like Vydra and Nugent, also loved his interview, saying how much he wanted to be Derby manager, he has so much more class than Mr Mac, who just wanted a bigger club and pay check, class is for life and Mr Rowett has plenty of it, the best signing we could have made in this window, looking forward to the next 3 and a half years now.

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

For some, others got into quite an amusing flap about Stoke.

G.R loves Derby, fans need to realise he’s not going to get everything right but plans in our best interest long term.

Hope those fans going Brum away give him a rousing rendition of Gary Rowett is a ram

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm absolutely delighted that he's signed. At least we can focus on the season ahead now. First time in a long time that I've felt that the club is genuinely heading in the right direction.

Oh and to the Stoke fans on their forum saying that Rowett "bottled" not moved to them, maybe it shows that you aren't as attractive as you think you are? You're just a nothing club ?

Tbf they have won **** all. I think they won the Birmingham and District league in 1910.

You could tell GR had passion for the club when he did media work for Radio Derby for Jewel/Clough season. Trying not to swear at dodgy decisions, sounded like a true fanboy of the club. Can't believe he's gone from then to taking us 2nd. Top bloke, will always have my backing. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

The only loser in all of this will be @David - forum views will return to normal.

Mel and Gary could have done the decent thing and dragged it out for a few more days :p

On the contrary some will be more likely to visit now those hysterical speculative threads aren't dominating! 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

God they are bitter on that oatcake forum "he mustn't believe in his  have ability to manage in the premier league" 

"hope they fall down the league" 

They need to face the fact that he's wanted to manage Derby we are second in the league they are ready to go down! 

Great news for us let's keep going and get into the premier league 

To be fair a lot have shouted that numpty down

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

On the contrary some will be more likely to visit now those hysterical speculative threads aren't dominating! 

I can go back to metaphorically punching Nazis.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It means there is no risky release clause. It means Rowett is clearly committed to Derby County. It means he wont be going to Stoke.

Means nothing? Bore off.

What i meant, if anyone come calling for him, he can still go but with a big price tag. Think before you post a reply to me :)

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

image.png.5f09654f4fa71d33395749bcff152cd0.png

Sorry. But based on DCFC and football history the chance of GR not getting sacked at some point before 2021 is on my side, SaintRam  :). Not saying I want him out. But footballclubs (and footballfans) do not tend to love a manager when things going get tough... :)  

I don’t get the comparisons with Mac.

Mac was hounded by Radio Derby and the supporters for clarification (despite him giving it on numerous occasions) and the Newcastle link was brought up in pre-match and post-match interviews for months. Moreover, he wasn’t offered a new contract at the time.

Rowett on the other hand hasn’t been asked in a single interview to respond to the Stoke links and he’s just been offered a new contract doubling his wages.

Can’t compare at all.

Archived