Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

Martin O Neill is still the obvious choice. He's available (no international matches till after the season), and apparently the Stoke owners have tried to get him before.

I reckon O'Neill will be at Stoke and GR will explain that he never had any offer or contact from Stoke. Business as usual by the time we get to Birmingham.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When this rumour first surfaced i laughed and thought "no chance" but i have to say i'm worried now.

I wouldn't expect DCFC to release a statement addressing silly social media rumours however this is now making mainstream media. We know it doesn't take much to unsettle our squad (if past season are anything to go by) so i hope at some point today we will hear something from the club regards Rowett staying in the building.

There are no guarantees in football, we are not guaranteed to get promoted, Rowett is not guaranteed to be offered the chance to manage in the prem again. 

Only in September were a number of our fans asking the club to sack Rowett for being too negative, clueless and having the worst transfer window imaginable.

Rowett doesn't support Derby County regardless of what we think, he was signed from Everton so didn't even come through our ranks.

Should he be offered a great salary, a transfer kitty only we could dream of and financial security for his family for years to come would you blame him?

Let's just hope he really does see this as his dream job.

50 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Are these the same alarm bells that were ringing in the S6 area when Stevie Mac's odds for the Wednesday job were as low as 1/6?

As @glyn1957 pointed out, odds shouldn't be taken as proof that it will happen, just that money is being placed.

im being sarcastic mate. hes going no where 

I can just see some of those Stokies wetting themselves at some of the hysteria on here, especially if they have their sights firmly on someone other than Rowett. 

Will he go? Probably not. 

Do I want to see him go? Definitely not.

What if he does go? We move on, appoint someone else and carry on supporting the one club that matters to us.

COYR!!!

Roll on February 1st.

4 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

For what it's worth, I would hate it if Gary leaves. I was not impressed with his transfers and the style of play in September. But now I see what he's trying to do and how he has made this team hard to beat. Please stay Gary!

Not impressed with the signings of Huddleston Davies Wisdom Ledley and Lawrence who were you expecting Messi Ronaldo Aguero ?

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

What does he say? Link says account is private.

Rob‏ @robertbidd 16h16 hours ago

@reluctantnicko any news on Derby Al? In particular rowett to stoke?

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko 16h16 hours ago

Want players out. And no.

Rob‏ @robertbidd 16h16 hours ago

No as In he’s not going or you’ve not heard anything?

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko

Replying to @robertbidd

Don’t think he is anywhere near first choice.

7:59 PM - 7 Jan 2018

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Are they the entire shortlist did it say?

Sounds like it - they don’t want a foreign coach

i expect an approach from Stoke

let hope  Mel is strong here and refuses permission to talk.

more chances of stalling it would be better - as they are keen to get someone in ASAP 

3 hours ago, simsdcfc said:

betting is at 1/2 now

no announcement from club saying hes staying

the alarm bells are ringing

Why are alarm bells ringing? Plenty of Stoke fans might want GR and have stuck a couple of quid on it, treetards on a wind up might chuck a few bob on just to bring down the price down in the hope Derby fans get upset, but it doesn't mean he's been approached or is interested in the job.

Archived