Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Probably should lose a few pounds then mate. It'll be all that Christmas excess creating yer little overhang but it can be sorted with a diet of pureed seaweed and plenty of exercise :thumbsup::lol:

**** that. I'll buy a mirror. :lol:

40 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just as I’m about to get a good night’s sleep...

Bugger

John Percy is usually right. He doesn't say that GR is defiantly going, but I'm still not comfortable with him on the shortlist of a PL team in driving distance of Quarndon. 

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Bugger

John Percy is usually right. He doesn't say that GR is defiantly going, but I'm still not comfortable with him on the shortlist of a PL team in driving distance of Quarndon. 

Duffield.

We need to get used to this.

We have a first rate manager and it is only natural that teams will want to poach him if they can.

The wheels of the rumour mill will be heard turning every time a failing Premiership club sacks a manager.

Gary seems happy with the Rams, Martin may wish to part from ROI if an offer of a 'real' job comes along.

Just as long as we don't end up with Mark Hughes!?

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Bugger

It's good that Stoke want him as it means we've got an in demand manager.

I hope he wouldn't join them but who knows what they might offer him or allow him to spend on players.

And if he takes us up and we struggle, won't be long before the boos return. He gets stick on here even now and we're 2nd.

We are boring though, as we are only 2nd for goals scored and goas conceeded.

Would Rowett go to Stoke unlikely -  but regarding club size, class is permanent .  They seem to be trying to convince themselves the clubs are of equal size but I can't see any 1st division titles or FA cup wins anywhere. I also can't see any European cup semifinals althougth they have won a Carabao cup lol

Stoke is the worst craphole in the UK and isn't even a real city it's five towns stuck together.  If Rowett  goes he'd better avoid designer labels and deodorant the locals will drive him out with fire and pitchforks

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Because it’s boring? 

Sometimes it is ... sometimes it’s exhilarating. If you build a super good team it takes time. You start from the back. He’s made us close to impossible to beat. It will get more exciting but 24 seconds at PP was more exciting than anything I recall in recent memory. 

The financial : Rowett may see how much they’re offering and ask Mel to come close to matching it. Not sure who’s paying what but if we have him say on £200k and they offer £600k hed be smart to look to get a bump. Match it or come close, then tell Stoke bye bye. But if they pay us compensation and triple or quadruple his salary on top and we stand idle then he might just go. 

The non financial : Stoke can want him all they want but getting him will be much much harder and considering Mel’s love of him and his consistent self portrayal as a loyal diligent man who sees his projects through, id bet he’d stay at DCFC for a few years and only go if Arsenal Chelsea Man U or one of the big boys came calling. Top 2 v Bottom 3 is not much of a diff either, and it depends if he thinks saving Stoke would be easier or harder than getting Derby promoted. 

Had a look around. Nixon says Rowett is "nowhere near first choice" and also that Stoke want Prem experience. Others say they're trying to land Koeman. The Mail says it's Martin O'Neill. And that Rowett would be "difficult to extract from Pride Park" and add Koeman is also in the frame. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5244639/amp/Stoke-City-look-boss-Martin-ONeill-interested.html

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Sometimes it is ... sometimes it’s exhilarating. If you build a super good team it takes time. You start from the back. He’s made us close to impossible to beat. It will get more exciting but 24 seconds at PP was more exciting than anything I recall in recent memory. 

It won’t get any better under Rowett. The standard of player may improve over time, and thus the effectiveness, but let’s not kid ourselves. Rowett has his style of football, and we will play it that way regardless.

We’re not as dull as say a Burnley or West Brom, but we’re much closer to that style than say Southampton who were genuinely entertaining under Adkins, Pochettino and Koeman or Swansea under Rodgers and Laudrup.

I hope we get to the PL under Rowett and he establishes us up there, but I can’t say I’m particularly excited for it. Even if he had us in the top half or doing a Burnley, I’d still be bored watching us.

I’d rather just watch us play decent football than so-called ‘succeed’ playing ‘Rowetball’. 

I’m no doubt in the minority, but even staying in the Championship playing the way we did under Burley and McClaren for me is far more entertaining than being a West Ham and finishing 13th in the PL every season under a manager like Moyes.

Archived