Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

At this point, there is nothing to say.

Stoke pretty obviously haven't even nailed down a shortlist yet. There certainly hasn't been an approach to Derby.

McClaren/Newcastle dragged on for months. We're nowhere near that debacle. 

Christ Owen don't start talking sense it will only go over their heads 

It's entirely understandable that the Derby Fans will be jittery about GR after the McClaren/Newcastle debacle, McClaren's avoidance of the direct "Are you going to Newcastle"  question provided more clarity than a direct Yes or No, answer.

If there is\has been an approach for GR, by Stoke, then Derby should inform the fans, until that happens its all just media speculation (tomorrows chip paper).

Personally I hope GR stays to complete the good work he's started. 

We should not believe that GR is off to Stoke until its been officially denied by all the parties involved :) 

I believe GR will stay and finish the job. Why ?

1, A sense of loyalty to Mel, the club and its fans.

2. Not wanting to walk away from a job half done and later pondering what might or could have been.

3. He will gain more kudos by turning around Derby and getting them promoted than will attempting to save Stoke from the dreaded drop.

4. He lives and has been settled in the area for a long time.

5. Because Stoke will give the job to a far more experienced ex-premiership manager.to try to save them.

We should all stay calm GR is going nowhere.

1 hour ago, OwenB87 said:

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

At this point, there is nothing to say.

Stoke pretty obviously haven't even nailed down a shortlist yet. There certainly hasn't been an approach to Derby.

McClaren/Newcastle dragged on for months. We're nowhere near that debacle. 

I love this ... especially the first line and the last line! Owen B keepin it real! Rock on! 

Just now, Rab a dab doo said:

I believe GR will stay and finish the job. Why ?

1, A sense of loyalty to Mel, the club and its fans.

2. Not wanting to walk away from a job half done and later pondering what might or could have been.

3. He will gain more kudos by turning around Derby and getting them promoted than will attempting to save Stoke from the dreaded drop.

4. He lives and has been settled in the area for a long time.

5. Because Stoke will give the job to a far more experienced ex-premiership manager.to try to save them.

We should all stay calm GR is going nowhere.

Don’t forget the £££.

Looking at premier league manager salaries Stoke are one of the lowest ... 900k for Hughes approx? Imagine they’d prob splash £1.5m ? assuming a real attempt to get Gary comes in we will prob have to crack open the cheque book and come close, but can’t see the owner not be willing to pay to have him stay. Man certainly works hard ... 

Just now, sage said:

Calm down everyone. They will appoint Slaven Bilic .

Actually he’s a good choice. Short term miracle performer, motivator ... smacked Mcclaren at Wembley performed wonders for Croatia and got West Ham off to a flier.  He’ll be a short term appt I’m guessinb but they can get him in for a Man U upset 

Just now, Ninos said:

Actually he’s a good choice. Short term miracle performer, motivator ... smacked Mcclaren at Wembley performed wonders for Croatia and got West Ham off to a flier.  He’ll be a short term appt I’m guessinb but they can get him in for a Man U upset 

Madness if they appoint him. 

Archived