Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

Sith Happens

I dont really understand betting to be honest, but is it likely that its been suspended purely on the basis of a flurry of bets? They are limiting their losses should he be appointed?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Doesnt he live in Quarndon? If so hes probably better going by the crem and through mickleover and picking up the A50.

He has lots of options :lol:

Duffield. 

Mickleover is a bogger since they built the new houses on Radbourne lane. If he had to commute via mickleover i think he'd stay with us.

11 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but bets only get suspended on managers like this if....

1) it's happening

2) there has been a significant amount of money placed

??????

9/10 it's down to a steep increases in bets placed. If every season ticket holder at Derby put a fiver on Rowett to go to Stoke today, betting suppliers like Paddypower would suspend betting. They'd figure "Hey, they know something we don't!"

I wouldn't worry about it. Not unless a John Percy article pops up in the next few hours stating that Rowett's off to Stoke. Then you can panic! ;) 

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

9/10 it's down to a steep increases in bets placed. If every season ticket holder at Derby put a fiver on Rowett to go to Stoke today, betting suppliers like Paddypower would suspend betting. They'd figure "Hey, they know something we don't!"

I wouldn't worry about it. Not unless a John Percy article pops up in the next few hours stating that Rowett's off to Stoke. Then you can panic! ;) 

They do play at the Bet 365 stadium !

Sith Happens
Just now, steve brummie said:

Rowett will be managing a Premiership club next season.

You heard it here first folks!

That rules Stoke out then.:D

Betting can be suspended for several reasons, including the fact someone may have leaked some news like he's interested but sometimes its just because the odds have changed and the bookies don't usually lose money so its important the price for each candidate or horse in a race is correct so the bookmaker does not lose.

If all the seson ticket holders for example all went and chucked a fiver on Rowett to get the job his odds would be suspended and slashed accordingly so they didn't lose if it were to happen.

That though does not mean he will be the next stoke manager what it does mean though is a lot of people have bet on it.

Archived