Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Look what he did at West Ham .

I paid attention at the time. Short term he’s a great choice. In his first season at West Ham his first 3 away games he beat Arsenal at the Emirates, Liverpool at Anfield AND Man City at the Etihad. Finished top 10. The dudes a good short term answer for them. He’s got some sort of magic and he’s well prepared.  He’ll definitely keep them up.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ninos said:

I paid attention at the time. Short term he’s a great choice. In his first season at West Ham his first 3 away games he beat Arsenal at the Emirates, Liverpool at Anfield AND Man City at the Etihad. Finished top 10. The dudes a good short term answer for them. He’s got some sort of magic and he’s well prepared.  He’ll definitely keep them up.

I’d be surprised if they appointed him. 

Never know in Football though. 

Some of the comments on the Stoke forum are quite amusing. I've just come across this one which I like a lot.

"Wanted Rowett when we appointed Hughes. Hope it's true."

Hughes was appointed in May 2013. Rowett had just lost in the semi-finals of the League Two play-offs. Course you did mate.

48 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Gary Rowett: Derby 'would aggressively reject' Stoke City approach for manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42610588

Surely that's that then? Stoke hope to have their man in by Monday's game, Derby would ''aggressively reject'' surely, in this instance there would be approximately 0 chance of that happening in time for their Monday game, so by deduction their top target isn't Rowett?

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Surely that's that then? Stoke hope to have their man in by Monday's game, Derby would ''aggressively reject'' surely, in this instance there would be approximately 0 chance of that happening in time for their Monday game, so by deduction their top target isn't Rowett?

Forget Monday’s game. 

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Gary Rowett: Derby 'would aggressively reject' Stoke City approach for manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42610588

I love this, that is Pearl Ram speak for Tell Stoke they can go and **** themselves, this is what I want to read, Mel not being intimidated and firing a few broadsides, as the papers used to write. 

Good man Mel. ? ? 

14 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Lets hope all this talk about Rowett does not have any effect on our players like it did when SM was in charge as we went down hill rapidly.

This needs nipping in the bud straight away 

It was the injuries that affected the players performance under SM, half the team were out injured all at once. They are professionals, speculation should have no impact at all. 

Archived