Pets

Bob Gnarly

7 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Ugh, been through that 3 times and I'm worried about our eldest now as his back legs are playing up.

People without dogs never truly get it, people with dogs do.

Sorry mate!

Thanks brother. Weird when I got home from the office today and no one there to meet me, no barking or activity at all….just walked in to a totally quiet house…

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Thanks brother. Weird when I got home from the office today and no one there to meet me, no barking or activity at all….just walked in to a totally quiet house…

For months after my last dog Honey went to sleep, any time i dropped a bit of food on the floor, I’d instinctively call her name! 

Our dog got bitten yesterday on the park by another dog - big hole in his back leg, £450 in vets bills and a very sad pooch

They were both off lead and the owner of the other dog says "he doesn't very often bite other dogs"

We have her phone number but she is not willing to pay the vet bill - as she says "that is what you have insurance for"

I've never had a dog before so I don't really know the etiquette around this stuff, but it seems a bit off.#

Are you supposed to report dog on dog attacks to the old bill, or is it just of they bite people?

49 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Our dog got bitten yesterday on the park by another dog - big hole in his back leg, £450 in vets bills and a very sad pooch

They were both off lead and the owner of the other dog says "he doesn't very often bite other dogs"

We have her phone number but she is not willing to pay the vet bill - as she says "that is what you have insurance for"

I've never had a dog before so I don't really know the etiquette around this stuff, but it seems a bit off.#

Are you supposed to report dog on dog attacks to the old bill, or is it just of they bite people?

Definitely report them to the fuzz. “Doesn’t very often bite dogs” and It is off leash…!! 

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

"he doesn't very often bite other dogs" = He occasionally bites other dogs.  I'd definitely report her.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else struggling with their dogs trying to 'herd' them upstairs to bed?  I have told my two the clocks have gone back but I don't think they understand!  They are both currently sat at the top of the stairs letting out the occasional pathetic bark trying to get either my wife or myself to go up to bed ? 

On 15/09/2021 at 18:17, Miggins said:

So sad to hear about Milkshake. Doesn't matter how many dogs you have had and lost, it never gets any easier to bear. Thinking of you now and sending you a hug. Surround yourself with happy photographs of your beloved pooch and try to focus on how happy you made her life!!

Can really sympathise with anyone who has to take their Dog to the vets,especially if they had been with you for some time,when the time came to put my Lab to sleep I drove past the vets surgery a number of times before plucking up the courage to take her in,tears streaming down my face.I would far rather have taken my wife in to be euthanised than my precious pet.

Please, please tell me how long it takes for pets to get used to the clocks being altered? I'm already getting fed up of being mauled and gently bitten by Freddie Goodcat!

On 31/10/2021 at 23:29, Malagaram said:

Can really sympathise with anyone who has to take their Dog to the vets,especially if they had been with you for some time,when the time came to put my Lab to sleep I drove past the vets surgery a number of times before plucking up the courage to take her in,tears streaming down my face.I would far rather have taken my wife in to be euthanised than my precious pet.

It is such a dreadful decision to take, @Malagaram and one that I guess readers of this thread are familiar with. We never forget that awful moment of saying goodbye but I hope that the experience of loss is less raw now. I think it doesn't get better but it does get different. Hope that this is your experience too.

Edited by Miggins

On 31/10/2021 at 22:31, maxjam said:

Anyone else struggling with their dogs trying to 'herd' them upstairs to bed?  I have told my two the clocks have gone back but I don't think they understand!  They are both currently sat at the top of the stairs letting out the occasional pathetic bark trying to get either my wife or myself to go up to bed ? 

@maxjam! Your dogs are trying to 'herd' you upstairs to bed?! Just who is in charge at 'Maison Maxjam'? No need to reply. I think we already know the sorry tale!

4 hours ago, Miggins said:

Please, please tell me how long it takes for pets to get used to the clocks being altered? I'm already getting fed up of being mauled and gently bitten by Freddie Goodcat!

It is such a dreadful decision to take, @Malagaram and one that I guess readers of this thread are familiar with. We never forget that awful moment of saying goodbye but I hope that the experience of loss is less raw now. I think it doesn't get better but it does get different. Hope that this is your experience too.

Agree with what you have written,must be more than 20 years now,but still take time most days to think of both of my pets,Jet and Kess,and what a wonderful few years I shared with them both.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

My girlfriend had an awesome little boy called Ralph. He’s had some issues though. Had a knee replacement as a puppy. It’s made him very timid. He also scratches eyes quite a lot and we can’t work out the reason. 70C9D20B-DBCC-49E1-8D0E-AC62D9E0EF7A.thumb.jpeg.24ad23107324142eafd126b578cc217c.jpegCAC04C56-15C2-409A-9402-9F4D71977E11.thumb.jpeg.422902723df661ba183b2b9f719df4cb.jpeg16D0555D-DB48-4B86-A7ED-1007A80E9B80.thumb.jpeg.cf9435c1eb3d17a93f7dca658bfdc1b6.jpegAB422DE1-9935-44E3-A437-5D3CCD5A06B6.thumb.jpeg.9f2bb4773dd55f87aa0e275fa3e6e697.jpegCB4E42AC-7003-4253-9C8D-F7C2B4AEC185.thumb.jpeg.0c1ea0627a1ac91beb9ac2a1c0a6ce02.jpeg

The dog looks cute but I'm not so keen on your girlfriends facial hair in the photos. ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...