Arthur Cox receives Lifetime Achievement Award

loweman2

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/other-sport/former-derby-county-manager-arthur-753464

Arthur Cox received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2017 Derby Telegraph Sports Awards.

Cox was one of Derby County’s most successful managers............

I loved those days in the 80s !

crawling from Division Three to finish 5th in Division 1 !! what a journey !!

the story of my youth !!

great days !

ee I ee I ee I o up the football league we go !

Arthur is our king !

derby v plymouth 1 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 2 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 3 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 4 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 5 86 87.jpg

derby v plymouth 6 86 87.jpg

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Man's a bloody legend. Loads of love out there for our Arthur so good on him, thoroughly well deserved :thumbsup:

I've had the real pleasure of meeting Arthur on several occasions. He is an absolute first rate Gentleman. He told me some fabulous anecdotes about the time he worked for Robert Maxwell but point blankly refused to be in any way indiscrete; {Maxwell used to pay Arthur bonuses in the form of dozens of pairs of gentleman's socks from Harrods!}. I think Derby County for once were privileged to have had Arthur as manager {the players all referred to him as the Sarjeant Major} and I feel privileged and honoured to have met him. He always give people his time and shows people total respect. A true living legend. Spoke about his Derby players as if they were his own sons and visibly shed a tear when we talked about Rob Hindmarch. A wonderful man and true Derby County hero. 

Great memories of Phil Gee and Bobby Davison scoring for fun, I used to look forward to every game with such excitement !

Sometimes the Pop side, sometimes C stand !

I was 17 when we went up to the second division, great age to be !

No responsibilities other than beer and football and your mates, just started work at the railway, money in my pocket and your team on a roll !!

thanks Arthur !

happy days 

Rites of passage with King Arthur. The very best days of supporting Derby. The glorious marching progression from 1984 -1989 and then 2 Rams in the Semi Finals of Italia 1990. Absolutelyfookinamazing.

The BBG for Rotherham; Lincoln, Shef Wed; Leeds; Plymouth; Arsenal, ManU, Arsenal...

Away at Shef Utd 86 and 87, Walsall, Grimsby, Donny, Notts, Sunderland, Barnsley, notts, absolutely everywhere......

I was too young to understand the real timescales of being recent league champions and european regulars but old enough to know that my team was still relevant, going places and had a king for a manager. 

And if you couldn't get to an away match, then GR was on hand to bring it straight into your house.

Cool as custard. 

Loved Arthur as our manager, absolute legend of a man and a fantastic manager, I was too young to truly appreciate what Cloughy did for us, even though I loved it at the time, but being in my early 20's when Cox was manager meant endless fun on match days and loads of brilliant memories and hangovers and maybe even a little bit of a criminal record. 

True legend.

After a few years of decline, Arthur revived us. So many memories, thing with Arthur with his teams, you went on away days full of optimism that even as underdogs we could still get results. We never seemed to fear anyone to me.

Made all the stopovers in the likes of London all the more enjoyable. My barely/just legal drinking days were fuelled with the joy of Rams away performances and treks back from college then Uni to follow them on supporters club coaches or trains wherever the weekend took us, often with a celebration of sorts to be had.

Bloody wish those days back, no mobiles, just pure meet here and there trips and be proud to be a Ram. All because of Arthur and his teams.

great days indeed, loved that team mr Cox built up, maybe my best momement was away to Sheffield United, when Gee scored through Burrides legs to send 10,000 away fans crazy as we new at that moment we were on our way back to the top division , got over 10 away victories that season I think, a club record, also great away days at Oldam were we won 4-1. When Oldam were top, and going away to Stoke, when we won 1-0, and defended for our lives so many great experiences, and watching great players like Bobby, Micklewhite, Williams and Hindmarch, then getting promoted and signing players like Shilton, Wright! Saunders,Goddard, Mcminn, oh great days to be a Rams fan, hope these great days return one day.

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

great days indeed, loved that team mr Cox built up, maybe my best momement was away to Sheffield United, when Gee scored through Burrides legs to send 10,000 away fans crazy as we new at that moment we were on our way back to the top division , got over 10 away victories that season I think, a club record, also great away days at Oldam were we won 4-1. When Oldam were top, and going away to Stoke, when we won 1-0, and defended for our lives so many great experiences, and watching great players like Bobby, Micklewhite, Williams and Hindmarch, then getting promoted and signing players like Shilton, Wright! Saunders,Goddard, Mcminn, oh great days to be a Rams fan, hope these great days return one day.

My favourite season of all. And maybe my favourite away game too.

The changing noise from the Derby end as Gee races through... anticipation to belief to celebration / pandemonium. The sight of 10000 Rams going mad on the terraces. Incredible.

We had 10000 away fans at Bramall Lane for 2 seasons in a row.

1986 - FA Cup - 1-0 Rob Hindmarch

1987 - League - 1-0 Gee (the 11th away win of the season)

A week later we were up, beating Leeds 2-1 at the BBG

A week after that, we were champions v Plymouth - 2nd half master class.

14 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Budgie nutmeg...

19 minutes ago, sage said:

Great player and a great man.

I never forgave Graham Richards for the way he spoke about him towards the end of his reign.

Aye, loved G.R. thought he was one of the best commentators in the world, but some of his comments about the Gaffer were beyond the pale and, as you say, unforgivable