Arthur Cox receives Lifetime Achievement Award

loweman2

Kevin Keegan recorded a special video message for Arthur Cox as the former Derby County manager received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2017 Derby Telegraph Sports Awards

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-keegan-arthur-cox-derby-757048

"I can only speak from my point of view, how you influenced my life.

"Of all the coaches I worked with, and I worked with a few, my time with you at Newcastle was as good as it ever got.

"Your honesty, your professionalism, your dedication, is what they are recognising and it is about time, because people like you who give so much to the game sometimes don't get recognised.

"You deserve it, mate. You have done so much for football.

"If someone was to say what does Arthur Cox mean to you, apart from a very, very good friend, I would say he is the most honest person I have ever met in my life and that honesty transfers to all the people around you.

"You probably won't enjoy this, because you don't like publicity - we all know that - but just for once, let yourself go, have a little bit of wine and be sure there are so many people who would love to be there (I'm one of them) to recognise what you have done in football.

"Well done, mate. I am pleased for you."

5 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Kevin Keegan recorded a special video message for Arthur Cox as the former Derby County manager received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2017 Derby Telegraph Sports Awards

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-keegan-arthur-cox-derby-757048

"I can only speak from my point of view, how you influenced my life.

"Of all the coaches I worked with, and I worked with a few, my time with you at Newcastle was as good as it ever got.

"Your honesty, your professionalism, your dedication, is what they are recognising and it is about time, because people like you who give so much to the game sometimes don't get recognised.

"You deserve it, mate. You have done so much for football.

"If someone was to say what does Arthur Cox mean to you, apart from a very, very good friend, I would say he is the most honest person I have ever met in my life and that honesty transfers to all the people around you.

"You probably won't enjoy this, because you don't like publicity - we all know that - but just for once, let yourself go, have a little bit of wine and be sure there are so many people who would love to be there (I'm one of them) to recognise what you have done in football.

"Well done, mate. I am pleased for you."

nice one Kev 

13 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Arthur Coxes blue and white army !

we’re not mad 

we’re f***ing barmy !

Tried to get that going in the South Stand when Gary joined last season...Gary Rowett's Black and White Army, clap, clap, clap clap, we're not mad we're f........ barmy.........about 200 joined in and the rest just looked at me a bit scared. :(

10 hours ago, sage said:

He barely put a foot wrong in his first 5 years.

Selling Wilson to buy Micklewhite and Christie was a masterstroke.

Gary Micklewhite was probably one of his most underrated signings ever..... brilliant winger, we can rave about Cally/McMinn and there dribbling and skill..... no one could match Micklewhite’s vision and crossing. Sublime.