Arthur Cox receives Lifetime Achievement Award

loweman2

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Gary Micklewhite was probably one of his most underrated signings ever..... brilliant winger, we can rave about Cally/McMinn and there dribbling and skill..... no one could match Micklewhite’s vision and crossing. Sublime.

and workrate.....always put a shift in as well as being skillful.

16 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

A lot of half fans on this thread.

Where were you in 83

Where were you in 83........:lol:

As Loweman said 83 wasn't bad for the cup and Fulham games, from somewhere in my teenage memory

15 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

What a day that was!

In case some of you had not heard, the gumps had fluked a cup win or summat and thought they were really good. Poor lickle Derby were a league below them and were going to be thrashed......

Archie, Archie Gemmillllllllll.......

All that became an even more distant memory though, gawd knows what the old uns that had witnessed European nights thought in 83/4 :( Pretty dire football, rival fans school mates taking the p***.

Then came King Arthur!

16 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

As Loweman said 83 wasn't bad for the cup and Fulham games, from somewhere in my teenage memory

All that became an even more distant memory though, gawd knows what the old uns that had witnessed European nights thought in 83/4 :( Pretty dire football, rival fans school mates taking the p***.

Then came King Arthur!

In under10 years we went from champions, thrashing Real Madrid, wining 13-0 in Europe, winning the charity shield and other cup semis to relegation to Div3. Staggering. I took the wise decision to wait until we'd truly blown ourselves out and waited until 84 til going every week. We could only muster 4 v Real and I saw us plant 7 v Lincoln. Oh yeah, who's winning now. 

Still, without the devastatingly good and the stupidly bad, there's no context eh? Who needs constant highs....? Not us, that's for sure :whistle:

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

People say that the winding up petition was our darkest day !

i beg to differ

It was this abomination wearing a Derby shirt !!

0CB3E015-351F-48DF-8B86-03D3310976C6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Rightish period, but you’re overshooting his ability 1000%! Take a closer look at my avatar. When things are going badly I look at that and realise just how good we are at the moment!

Ha ha now I see ! He went on to play 425 games for Coventry! Probably explains why they are where they are now !

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Ha ha now I see ! He went on to play 425 games for Coventry! Probably explains why they are where they are now !

Don't be silly, don't you know its all Keogh's fault. Tut.

9 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Some great stuff there @Tim Bucktoo !! The legends of our time !

a bit like when Cloughie took over he had goal machine Kevin Hector already at the club, 

when Arthur took over he had another striking legend in place whose goals would drag us out of those dark days ! Oh bobby bobby !

Not many players known by just their first name. 

I was gutted when we sold Kevin Wilson but Bobby was great. 

Theres was more happened between 84-89 than everything combined since. And I loved the TBE era too. 

• 4 years later...
10 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Thought this could do with a bump and a re read, some great days ! The man who dragged us out of the dark days and onto great things, a rich owner coming in, paying off the debts and rolling our sleeves up and starting again, everything is cyclical! The time has come ! Roll on the good times !

quite right. hopefully wayne can be our arthur